Baker College of Muskegon Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Baker College of Muskegon

Tanya

My overall opinion of the Baker College of Muskegon is that it is a fantastic school. You can tell that the staff wants you to succeed in what you are doing, and they want you to graduate and be successful in the real world. They teach you what you need to know in order to get employed and to make a life for yourself.

The college as a whole is very supportive and helpful, they have a variety of student services and faculty to meat your needs as best as posssible. The professors are very caring and interpersonal, they try to be available as often as possible. The class sizes are anywhere from 20-40 people which is wonderful. You a re also highly encouraged to joint in on groups, clubs and fun activityies around campus.

The professors are knowledgeable and passionate. The class sizes are small, so you get to build relationships with peers and instructors. The classes are directly applicable to real life. I graduated with the knowledge that I needed to be successful.

Krystal

It is okay, but if I had to chose a different choice when leaving high school I would. Baker College has nothing going on at the moment; it is a very bleak in regards to atmosphere and activities. People are constantly complaining about the school and faculty/staff do not really care about the students, Every professor has a different perspective on what the classroom should entail making the grading different from professor to professor. I do not usually recommend a person to go here unless they have no other choice.

Aram

I would say its a very simple College thats great if all your looking for is to pass classes, get your degree and then get out of their. I would honestly like a bit more involvement, possibly more sporting events or something. But it is what it is and I'm fine with just pushing through until the end.

I like it here, but because of the transitions from Quarters to Semesters, everything is out of whack. And the administration is not doing too well right now. I currently owe money that isn't covered by my half off tuition scholarship, other scholarships, or my financial aid and loans. So I now have to find creative solutions about money, and I while it's mostly great, it's just the little things that add up and tear Baker down.

Samuel

Great College with small classroom size and very nice instructors who want to teach and help you. Love the Culinary Institute of Michigan building with all the kitchens and instructors reach to help you learn. Very easy to commute from the College Dorms to Main Campus to Culinary Institute of Michigan and back to dorms.

Jeddikia

Baker College is a college that I would strongly recommend to other prospect students. There are many things that are available to you as a student that aren't out of pocket costs such as tutoring whereas at other campuses their tutoring are out of pocket. At Baker you have two hours a week for every class that you are in. There are also other services such as a math center and a writing center where students can go and get help with math or their papers. I would recommend anyone that is looking into going to college to at least look into attending Baker College of Muskegon.

Lydia

The walk from the parking lot to the front doors of Baker College is a relatively short stroll, and as a student I feel completely safe recognizing the security vehicles routinely making an appearance around campus. Once inside the school, class sizes are small enough to be able to get to know each of your classmates personally and professors are always willing to speak to students during or after class to help with schoolwork. Overall, Baker College is small enough that I feel valued as a student, but large enough that my education meets professional standards. Baker College makes me confident that I will be fully prepared to enter the workforce once I graduate.

I highly enjoy Baker College of Muskegon. I feel as though I get adequate time to ask for help during class time as well as outside of the class room. Faculty is awesome for handing out personal emails so they can be reached during the night hours as well as during the day. The staff truly cares for their students and their accomplishments. I would highly recommend Baker College of Muskegon to anyone looking for a great school to attend!

Lydia

Small classes, hands-on, to the point and affordable. This is a great college to choose. It is close to the lake and not far from the mall and other sites to see. As a bonus Baker is soon transferring the system over so students can transfer credits to other colleges or vise versa.

There are a lot of faculty and staff at this college that are truly caring about your success. Professors are willing to work around your schedule if you need extra assistance. The class sizes are small with laboratory class sizes being even smaller. I genuinely believe each professor cares about their students.

Gabriella

I attend the Culinary Institute mostly and I live on campus. Classes are small and very hands on. We get plenty of time to practice our skills during and after classes. I live in campus housing. It's great for the most part with the exception of a few roommates.

Shelby

I have to say Baker is a pretty average place. Definitely not a party school or anything like that. I feel very safe at my unit which is just a couple of blocks from the campus itself which is very easy to navigate. Baker is small in size but you get lots of one on one with your instructors who are very friendly and truly want you to succeed and learn. The staff at Baker are generally very friendly as well. Baker of Muskegon also offers plenty of athletic spaces to workout and stay fit, as well as private study rooms in a decent-sized​ library.

Debra

My overall opinion of Baker College is that it is a great school. The staff is absolutely amazing and will go out of their way to assist you. The staff wants to see you succeed. Having staff like this is truly inspiring and pushes me to do my best. Even fellow students assist you if you're having trouble with an assignment. I am especially pleased with the fact that all of my professors can be reached outside of the classroom. I have a sense of security because of this. If I am having trouble with an assignment, I know my professors are just an email away!

I am just now getting back to attending college after some time off and i have to say i am just as impressed as i was when i first attended. the class sizes are huge, the staff are very professional and always helpful. The classes are very easy to find and the environment of the campus is outstanding.

Jacqueline

I transferred to Baker College 2 years ago. I attend part-time (2 classes per semester) as an online student. I tried to answer the questions to the best of my ability. I live very close to campus and I have frequented the facility many times. Each visit has been with my Advisor and/or the book store. Everyone is very helpful. I know the local area and what amenities are within walking distance of campus. The college is very organized and definitely set-up to help students reach their potential. I am proud to attend Baker College.