Owosso, MI
Baker College of Owosso

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baker College of Owosso

Avery

I really enjoy going to Baker. It is a small school so you will have more one on one time with your professor. The professors actually care and want you to do good in school! The dorms are very clean and a very good size. We are also offered a lot of free tutoring which comes in handy. We also can set up to have one on one hour long session to help you with any class you need help with.

Miranda

Baker College is a great school, I have attended other schools and this is overall my best experience. I'm actually excited on the days I'm able to attend class because I know it is one step closer to where I want to be. It is exciting to learn about the topics we are learning about and that really motivates me to do my best.

Amy

I am extremely satisfied with my experiences at Baker College of Owosso. I am a non-traditional student and have felt welcome by everyone I meet. I feel I will be ready for my future career because of the education I received at Baker. I recommend Baker College of Owosso to everyone wanting a attend college.

Melissa

Small campus. Small classes. These make for a more condusive learning environment. Well rounded curriculum. The faculty and staff have high expectations of students. They truly want you to succeed. Nice facilities that are easily accessible (financial aid, library, book store, cafeteria). Faculty relate learning experiences to real-life.

I would say I love going to Baker College of Owosso because of the learning environment there, with the small class size and the facilities there. I also, like how it mainly a school for students that have an idea of what they want to do right way and jump right into the class you need in order to get the right degree that you want and do not waste time on it. I like how you get a three day weekend and not have classes on Fridays, which it makes it nice, but otherwise bad because everyone goes home, there's nothing to do on the weekends is the downside of baker otherwise I would say that its a home away from home.

Are you afraid that once you get to college you won't be able to talk to your professors? Well you are in luck if you choose Baker College because they are ALWAYS available and they make you their top priority. If you the type of person that doesn't like big classes and doesn't like to do public speaking to big crowds then I highly recommend Baker because the class size is very small so you get the chance to get to know everybody even if they aren't in your program so when it comes to the big day of your presentation you will no longer be nervous! Let's just say for example you are struggling with that math class that you really want to get the best grade possible in, Baker offers FREE tutoring so you won't have to pay that extra about just for needed help to succeed. YAY it is graduation day but now how are you even supposed to find a job?! It will take MONTHS! When you attend at Baker you are guaranteed at the end of graduation to get your dream job because they will help find it for you so you don't have to go through all that stress after all of those hours that you just worked so hard for! GO BAKER!!!

Alex

The college overall is okay. There is not much that goes on. Intramural sports are a go to since it's the only sports that Baker has to offer. Instructors are almost always available when you need them. They let you know from day 1 that they are there to help you succeed in the classroom.

Pamula

Yes, you'll get a job even if you don't go to college. However, you WILL NOT find a GREAT job! You cannot avoid struggling/stressing financially to pay bills without a degree. You plan on having a long a healthy life don't you? Then, you'll need the security a good benefit package provides if ever you become to old/sick to work (it's scientifically proven that saving yourself undue stress will also add years to your lifespan). Only GREAT jobs provide you with those type of reassurances. Let's say: Your a hiring business owner and you're about to choose between two applicants, determing whom to hire using only the information found on their application. The first has demonstrated themselves as responsible and disiplined earning a college degree, (perhaps even graduating with honors) or the second, only accomplishing the minimum expectation required of them, merely achieving a High School Diploma? Who would you feel confident could perform their responsibilites, faith to work unsupervised, and depend upon to respect your property? Who could you TRUST most with your LIVELIHOOD, your MONEY? This is what you'll be competing with when you're on your own.

Mistakenly, I thought when applying for Financial Aid that they would let me know about whatever aid I qualified for. For the most part, this is true except for SCHOLARSHIPS. Only now have I become aware that it was up to me to find and apply for any scholarships that I may qualify for. The financial aid office posts a few scholarships that are available, but there a countless more opportunties. It can be a full time job just researching and applying for scholarships. I wish I had been diligently applying for them all throughout college.

Attending college can be a gratifying and fun experience. However, it also requires great commitment as well as a vast sense of responsibility from the student. Students lacking commitment about furthering their education, failing to understand a college education as the sole key to providing both stability, security and a rewarding future, not only for themselves, but for their present/future families or anyone unprepared to be remodeled and remolded to finally realize their full potential should not attend this school.

Stefanie

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior, I would first of all tell myself to strengthen certain academic skills that are essential in college. I would learn how to manage my time better, not procrastinate, and would have done exercises to improve the speed of my reading. I would notify myself to not assume I would be able to earn A's easily like I did in high school, but to be prepared to work really hard for my grade. I would relate to myself how busy I would be and how overwhelming all the work in college is. I would tell myself to start looking at colleges sooner, and to use more online resources to help guide me. I would advise myself to look for scholarships early, and to be very aware of deadlines. To help direct me to the career I wanted to pursue, I would say to do more career assessments sooner, and to job shadow people in fields I was interested in. I would also suggest talking to more people about their jobs, and volunteering at various sites.

Before coming to Baker, I wish I had known how to manage my time better, how not to procrastinate, and how to read faster. I wish I had known how to study for the waiver tests, because I ended up taking a math class that was too easy for me. I wish I had known that credits don't easily transfer to and from this college. I also wish I had known that you have to keep yourself on track to finish your Associate's in 2 years, because they don't necessarily keep you on track.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Baker is someone who is lazy and apathetic. Also, Baker has strict rules, so someone who wants to party at college or has a hard time adhering to rules shouldn't come here. Your education is taken very seriously here, so a student who wants to come here should also take it seriously.

Gabrielle

I think it is best known for the trimesters and not semesters, only 6 week classes.

The part that frustrates me most is that my major all the classes are night classes, and I perfer daytime classes. I perfer to be home and in my pajama's half way through my second class.

Baker College of Owosso administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.