Flint, MI
Baker College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baker College

Darren

The best thing Baker College in Cass City can be broken down into two parts. The first being the student to teacher ratio. There is approximately a 25-30 student to teacher ratio which is very small compared to a university. The instructors are also very down to earth and are willing to assist you to help you succeed. The second things would be the location. Cass City is a small town in Tuscola County, MI. It's very convenient to have a college that offers classes related to what needed in today?s workforce.

Dear Darren, There are a few things you should know about college as you prepare yourself from high school graduation. Probably the first advice I can give you is do well in high school grade wise and take the ACT and SAT tests. You want to ensure you do well on those two tests because these two tests are placement tests for the college or university that you choose to attend. After graduation you should take sometime off school and determine what you want to do with your life. Once you figure out what you want to do as a major you should start to look at individual schools and figure out which one would benefit you after graduation. After making the decision to attend a certain school you should meet with a counselor and begin to pick your classes. Ensure you pick entry level classes so know what you're getting yourself into before jumping head first into the core requirements. While you're attending school you need to limit your distractions so you can focus on getting good grades and maintaining your attendance. The last advice I can give is to participate in all class activities and events.

The worst thing about Baker College was the admission process. I say this because I went to the school to get information regarding the winter term. During my visit I quickly enrolled in classes at the Cass City campus. I was then given dates to attend an orientation and a compass test for placement. After completing this process the next week was the start of classes. This has given me little time to apply and receive financial aid from both FASFA and the US Army Reserve. I'm finding myself struggling as it is because of this economist situation.

April

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about high school it will be to learn as much as you can. Knowing what I know today I would not have dropped out of school in 9th grade. I received my GED but thats not go enough for me I felt like I took the easy way out. Attending college has been a challenege for me not being able to understand everything. I ask a lot of questions until I understand what I'm trying to figure out. That's why it was so important that I stayed in school and learned everything I could have. The advice I would give myself would be until you spread your wings you will never know how far you can fly. Now , I 'm the first in my entire family that's attending college and that makes me feel so good about myself. Just seeing my two year old son trying to read his book when I doing my homework motivates me more. I have to finish so that my son will finish school and attend a college.

The instructors because they don't make you feel that your worthless and actually take the time out to help you learn whatever it is that you don't understand.

There isn't anything frustrating about Baker College. The instructors and students are so helpful which makes it fun and motivating to give it all you have to pass with honors.

Lyndsey

The Finaical Aid/ Business Office and Bookstore. I say the Finacial Aid/ Business Office because of the fact that they are very boring nothing to do while you wait and it seems to tak for what seems like forever, also the people at the desk are not vey nice and tend to always have an attitude wit the students atteding there school. We always joke on campus and say if you want to have a bad day got to Finaical Aid. Bookstore because there is never enough people working and is always a long wait.

I personally had the mind set of thinking I knew everything of what it was exactly all about, however now that I have lived it and have experienced it for a little over a year and a half, boy was I wrong. So if I had the ability to go back into time and talk to myself I would defiantely say its not going to be just a cake walk as high school, your going to have to work your hardest, stay focused, and also manage your time well. However you may have some time for friends but thats not what it is all about, they arent going to get you trough school, only you can. I would also say to myself that even though I have to work ten times harder in school than someone eles, I still need to stay focused and keep working hard, because in the end im going to have a great job, that I am going to enjoy doing and experience different things each and every day that I am there. Lastly, whatever you end up putting your mind to your more likely to succeed in the end.

If you tend to struggle a school work and cant seem to keep up with it this school is not for you. It is also very much based on highest GPA so if you struggle with keeing up wih your GPA and having it high this school is not for you. If you have trouble with attending classes on a regular basis then this school is not for you. Although is you work hard and focus then you'll do just fine at this school and walk out with a great carrer for your life.

Kamilah

Baker College is a career orientated school that has a faculty that is friendly, open, focused and interested in the success of their students.

If I could go back in time and advise myself about making the transition to college life I would stress that determination, maturity, time management, critical thinking skills, test taking skills, and effective listening skills are the keys to doing well in college. At the age of 18, I possessed the critical thinking, test taking, and listening skills but I didn't have any responsibilities. I was not mature, lacked motivation and had poor time management. I feel that if I went to college right after high school, I would have partied instead of studied. This would have frustrated me and I would have dropped out or failed. I also would tell myself that time is not on your side. It took 17 years and two children before I enrolled into college. Now, times are hard economically and socially. I would tell myself to take advantage of your youth and freedom and utilize the skills that you possess to become whatever your heart desires.

The financial aspect of Baker is not the best. With the recent increase of students, I have found that the financial aid office is struggling to keep up on processing paperwork. I also feel that Baker could offer and/or apply for grant funding to help with students that need additional funding (aside from student loans) for living expenses due to the high cost of tuition.

Don't give up. Push yourself to do great. If something doesn't seem right, then follow your instinct and fight for what you believe.

It can be very crowded in some classes sometimes so it may be hard to sit in a place you enjoy.

Its close to home, its a nice facility, and that the classes are very enjoyable.

Julia

flexible schedules and online courses

flexible schedules and online courses

Make sure that the college you choose fits your needs acadmeically, financially and socially to get the most out of you college experience. Make sure the college offers challenging courses, but not so challenging that you become stressed out and can not complete your work. Also look into the size of the classrooms. Classroom size is usually a important part of your overall learning experience at college. When the classrooms are smaller, you are able to comunicate with your professor and classmates on a more personal level and understand the material presented.

MARIA

The school is best known for awsom individual's approach. Each student has great volume of attention from administration and from teachers. At Baker College people know each other by name and it contributes into each student's life and performance.

My advise is simple. Before any decision on the college and program of study made, consult college administration on all questions you may have. While you reaching administrators be honest about your desires and your abilities.

I really did not have any frustrations. Everything at Baker College seamed logical and timed properly. When assignments were given they had to be done. When classes were scheduled they were running smooth.

Jenn

Baker College is a nice school where you can get a good education for a lot less than other schools. Also it allows you to work at the same time.

Look at all of your options and choose carefully. Find a place where you can fit in and get the most education for your time and money. Try not to go into a lot of debt since you have the rest of your life to live after college.

Someone who is looking for a party college or someone who wants the big school environment.

LaToi

This school is best known for giving students a chance when they can't get into a good university.

One part of finding the right college is that the student has to want to be in college. Look around and see what each college has to offer in academics and socially. Sociality is very important because being able to surround yourself with others that are in the same field, or even in another field, helps you accept culture and also helps you to learn from each other. A collge that takes pride in their acadamics and have professors that can understand a student and offer more than just being a standard teacher is a benefit to succeeding in college. It helps to know and feel that staff cares about the students that are on campus everyday or few days out of the week. Choosing a college is very important and takes time. If an education is important to recieve, who gives the education should be just as important too.

The best thing about Baker College was some of the class times. When I started this school, I had a lot of flexability.

The advice I would give to students would be to find the college that fits your interests, field of study, offers what you need and you can find your classes and the campus with out too much trouble. For parents I would suggest they look at the location of the college, what is offered in scholarships and financial aid and to also take a look at the cost of tuition there as well as living quarters avialability.

A person who is all about parties sex and drugs should not attend here and someone who doesn't want to earn thier grade shouldn't go here.

I tell my friends how easy it is to access the school, the friendly environment and the very helpful employees here.

Baker College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.