Baldwin City, KS
Baker University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baker University

Demetrius

Baker University is a excellent campus that students can excell in and gain a long lasting career after obtaining an bachelors degree.

Baker University is very unique compare to other universities across the nation because Baker University the oldest school in Kansas. My school is relatively small and the proffesors truly care about thier students. Baker University has its own little church on campus and you really feel part of a family at Baker University. Besides the excellent proffessors, students learn how to apply what he or she has learned ,over a course of four years, into real ife situations. The other Universities I applied to did not even come close to what Baker University offers.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, the advice I would give to myself is balance your social and academic life. It is okay to have fun, but make sure all academic work is done well and completed on time. Study weeks in advance before your exams occur, because finals will go by real smooth. Choose your freinds wisley and do not be afriad to be a leader among your peers. Nothing in college is ever giong to be easy so do not be afriad to ask professors for help on academic subjects. Try to get invovled with campus activities, so you can improve your resume and make many freinds. Always be n the hunt for new scholarships and interships that pop up around your college or University. If you do not need a job do not apply for one during your freshman year. Freshman year is about adjusting to college life and finding a place in your college or University. Stay in touch with freinds and family because they are giong to be there when no else will be . Make responsible adult decisions with your time that is given.

Alex

How small it is and how we all are, we look out for eachother here

How small it is and how we all are, we look out for eachother here

Never take life to seriously, high school is nothing compared to College and College is the beginning of the rest of your life. Past troubles and relationships mean nothing. People at college offer you a new slate that you can do whatever you want with, be prepared to be pushed, judged, and presured, but know its what you do with all those things and really make you who you are.

Tracie

It's in a small town, and has the small town feel. Everyone knows everyone. The teachers know you by name and are very interested in who you are as a person. The teachers really care how you do in class, and in life they will help you do everything you want to do!

I would tell myself to relax, and just get to know everyone around you. Enjoy your senior year, and enjoy the transition.

Someone who does not want to work hard in class. Also, anyone who needs to be in a big city, and wants big classes. Someone who does not like the teacher knowing their name, and a lot about you. Someone who does not like to go to class! Most teachers take attendence and you can only miss on average two class periods a semester.

Joy

Since I did not start college until I was 35 years old, I want all high school seniors to know, that when you put it off, it is harder to get back in the swing of things. But if you do put it off and then decied to go back, you are more committed and it seems to be easier than what you expected. Do not give up in what ever path you decied to take, and make the path your own. Even if you do not know what you want to major in you can always go back to school at some point and get a second major and start a new career.

I wish I knew more about writing essays. Since I started I have improved greatly.

I don't know of anything frustrating. I like it all.

Keith

It definately has a small town feel which I like. The professors and staff are very easily reachable. The class sizes are small and the professors know you by name and take an interest in how you are doing. You are not known as a number or "the guy in the orange shirt."

Definately find the right school that suits you. Every person is different, some like the large D1 state schools in big cities with something happening 24/7. Others enjoy smaller schools in small towns where people really get to know you by name and care. Start looking at schools early!!! Take visits to multiply schools of different sizes in different places. Really make sure to find the right school!

The lack of support for athletics and greek life. I'm on the XC and Track teams at Baker and it seem we never get the amount of support as other sports on campus such as football and basketball. Also, greek life at least on the fraternity side is dwindling. Coaches and certain teacher don't support/accept us. Incoming men have the typically stereotype stuck in their heads from the media, party houses that don't care about school. Guys are afraid to rush or become associated with the greek system.

derek

its an amazing place to grow and learn with the teachers and students.

its an amazing place to grow and learn with the teachers and students.

looking at all the colleges you can and find the right one...

the teachers... they work great with the students.

Adam

Baker University is known for its family-like community; we are not only close in extra-curricular activities, but we are also very close in the classroom.

It is a lengthy process to find the perfect school. I would recommend starting the college search process during your Junior year of high school. There are many colleges out there and you can only choose 1. If you start by looking at the financial aspect, you can get a head start on scholarships and which schools would have a better scholarship support. If you are still unsure about your field of study, I would recommend a school that offers a wide variety of fields. Another thing I would recommend, it might be beneficial to look into the school's study abroad programs. The world is huge and offers many things you might not be able to find in your own backyard. It is beneficial to be able to travel to other countries and gain an understanding on their cultures and how it relates to your major. The wonderful thing about studying overseas is that most universities will help with most costs!

If you are committed to learning and enjoy small class sizes, this university is the best fit for you.

Aaron

Visit the campus, and decide how apart of your campus you want to feel. Size does matter.

Do not take to many hours. Try to pick how many general classes you need based on how many activities you are in.

Baker is very likely to screw you over on hours if you are not careful, and most good professional courses take 5 years to graduate in.

Matthew

Do all the research you can but just remember that it is the students/childs choice. You have to let them see what they like and let them feel out each school.

The small school allows for much more face to face time with professors.

Gossip travels very fast around campus becuase it is such a small school.

Shelby

I believe that college is a difficult part in anyone's life. I really think that in order to make the most of a college experience you need to have a goal. Try and know what it is you want to accomplish while you're there. After you know what you want to do you can settle down and focus on achieving that goal. Every time I get discouraged, because of the work load, I remember the joy I know I will feel when I am able to have my own classroom and teach wonderful children. When I have that thought in my head I know everything will be alright. I think anyone can take the advice of having a goal. They can use it to thier benefit so they have one clear image in their heads in the midst of a new life filled with new opportunities and new responsibilities. A goal provides leverage for encouragement when the times are hard. Otherwise, I would say to enjoy all the wonderful times college provides. Take in those times and cherish them. They will be the memories that last a lifetime.

I wish I had known that you have to be in a sorority to have something to do. Since my parents didn't go to college I didn't know what a sorority was and so I didn't join. It's too late now, but I wish I had joined.

Baker University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.