Baldwin City, KS
Baker University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baker University

Mackenzie

Baker University is a friendly school that will help any student go beyond achieving their dreams and their careers.

My classmates are outgoing and they like to have a good time but when it comes to studies everyone focuses on what is important.

Do not try and have everything planned out before you leave for college. College is a time to make adjustments and learn as you go because you can never be fully prepared for the next obstacle. As a student be prepared to study, college is not all about the parties and having fun any chance you get. Take the time to do your best on you schoolwork to get your degree and you will still have plenty of time to go out and have fun with your friends. Be willing to try new things. Do not just sit around in your room because you have never done anything else that others are doing. College is a time to explore and find new and exciting new things to try because you never know you may actually enjoy it and you will meet other people as well you enjoy the same thing. As a student, ask plenty of questions. The faculty is always willing to help because they want to see you succeed and they will be there for you whenever you need it. Finally have fun, you only get to experience college once so have the time of your life!

Tyson

Baker University is a small, close-knit community, where the students and faculty all know each other on a personal level and truly care about each other.

If I was to give my high school self advice, I would tell myself not to stress so much about the decision of which college to attend. For me it was a very challenging and stressful decision, but I am extremely happy with the decision that I made. In the end I stuck with my initial gut instinct on which university to attend and that was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Being an athlete from a small town, I grew up playing three sports and was lucky enough to be a part of a lot of successful teams, which presented me with another tough decision of which sport to play. I would tell my high school self to pick the one that you could see yourself having the most fun doing for four more years. The love of competition is what continues to drive me every day because I made the right choice. The last piece of advice for myself is to listen to those who are closest to me because they have stuck with me through success and failure. My support system was an enormous part of my success.

Baker is one of the strongest academic universities in the midwest, but also most of the enrollment is dominated by students who are involved with a university activity (ex: athletics, theater, music.)

lenard

If I were to give advice to my high school self, it would be given to correct the mistakes I have made and those my children have made. The first thing I would say is not to go until you are ready and when you have the maturity to succeed. A life-experienced college student may have much more to offer, with much less struggle to complete the work required. Let college be your job. My second suggestion would be to wait until priorities are in place. My son is very intelligent, but went to college with everything else in his mind as his priority. He joined a fraternity, had a very involved social life, was involved in wrestling, and seemed to be more concerned about friendships made than school work. He was very popular among his friends, teammates and social circles, but none of them helped him stay focused on completing his school work to the level expected from the school and certainly not to the level of his potential. Finally, when you’re ready, go. For whatever reasons you have to stay inspired, you will then let nothing stand in your way of your achievement or success.

Baker is a very respected university with high standards of academic achievement. They made it very hard to make excuses of why not to attend.

Kassandra

I would let myself know that procrastinating is not the answer. It is always best to do things when you have time to do them. Leaving things for the last minute is not the answer and it never gets you a good grade. I would also say that it is important to keep myself organized. Keep a planner and plan out the homework each day, plan your study time and even your socializing time. Everything else comes before socializing. Set your goals before school starts so you can be sure to know what exactly you're striving for. That allows you to keep looking back at your goal when you want to give up and continue to strive for greatness. Last but not least, I would tell myself to keep searching for scholarship and apply for as many as possible because any money that you can find is valuable. It will keep you debt free and you wont have to worry about paying fees.

Baker Univesity has a good class size. I enjoy the time that teachers give to their students. The ration with students and teachers is good, that allows the teachers and students to get closer together. That allows to students and teachers to conect more than just as teachers. It makes you feel like you are at home.

The most frustrating thing about Baker is the way the nursing school is away from the main campus. It makes nursing students stress about the financial situation they will have to incounter once they transfer to the nursing school.

Julia

Baker University is my home away from home.

Baker University is my home away from home.

Students in high school always wonder: What is college like? What are the best things about college? But when I was in high school I never asked anyone what the professors are personally like. Students just worry about how the professors grade, not how they interact, or how compassionate they are about their students. The best advice I could give myself if I went back in time to my senior year is that professors are not the enemy, they are a student’s best friend. They use red pen to destroy your paper to give you the desire to do better next time. They have study sessions on Sunday afternoons during their free time to help you succeed. They make their tests difficult because then when you receive an “A” you will be even more proud of yourself. Professors make their class difficult to ready you for the real world. They don’t do it because they don’t like you or because they want you to fail, they want you to succeed and be a smart contributor to society when you graduate. College, make of it what you will and befriend those who want to help you.

Baker University is one of the best private colleges in Kansas. Their program is much different than that of a public college. It is very difficult. The Quest Program is unique but it makes students live outside their comfort zone. Baker University is an amazing school but just like any college, the classes are difficult but we are lucky enough to have faculty who care about their students and their student’s success.

Johnathan

My classmates are extremely hard working and dilligent when it comes to their studies, but are also very caring people outside of the classroom.

Baker University is best known for its high academic standards.

The biggest piece of advice I would give myself would be to just go for it. It doesn't matter what it is, just go for it. In my first semester I learned that most people don't want to be the first one to do something, so if you show initiative and choose to be that first one, in many cases the faculty will respect you for it and this can lead to some important connections and relationships.

shelby

We are supportive and dependable people with focus and determination.

We are supportive and dependable people with focus and determination.

Academic performance and acheivement; going above and beyond to be the best.

Congrats you finally made it and you're about to move on with your life. Be proud of this change and try not to worry so much because things tend to work themselves out. Change your major to nursing from the beginning so you don't waste so much time doubting your usefulness in the medical field. Don't party so much sophomore year, boys will always be there, opportunity for education won't be. Cherish your time at Zeta because one day you'll wake up and those times with your sisters will be distant memories. Go home more and see mom and dad because they miss you and parties on the weekends can wait. Call grandma more because she gets lonely when you're not around. Ask more questions in class to be more attentive and develop better study habits because you'll need them for nursing school. Go to wellsville in 2013 with sam so you can meet the love of your life, he's everything you've ever dreamed of so try and wait for him. Last thing, stop saying "when your life begins" in reference to after college, life is happening now, so live it.

Alexandra

If I had the choice to go back and tell myself what to do differently. I would definitely advise myself to get a job and work as hard as I can so that I do not have to struggle with the issue of not having enough money in order to attend school. It is one of my larger stressors while i attend school, and I hate feeling whether or not I will be able to attend my university the next semester. I did everything that I could academically for myself but it was a very important key concept for myself and is what allowed me to get the opportunity to attend this college as well as my abilities to participate in a sport. Also to spend as much time with my family while I got the chance. Since I got to college I have not got the chance to see them or spend anywhere near the amount of time I could have when I was a senior. I truly miss that feeling and wish I could go back to have it and experience it again.

Someone who thinks they could easily fit in with a crowd that is ready to be challenged in every single aspect. This is a good thing to look for, because yes our school may seem to small to many, but it is a perfect place to feel like you are at home and where you can experience everything you want in life.

How my school is widely known for how academically challenging it is and how we are always ranking high when we compete in sports. For example my track team has been confrence champions indoor and outdoor for seven years in a row, and we have two national champions that graduated last year. The fact that my school has such talented athletes that are strong on the field as well as in the class room, truly is a remarkable thing.

My classmates are unique, diverse and of all ages, they make things interesting.

Life isn't about high school it ends and it is completely fine to not know what to do with your life. It is ok to make mistakes and it is ok to take time for yourself and figure out who you want to be. If you want to take time to travel then do it, if you want to sleep til noon do it. Never let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do. Be your own person and embrace the fact that you can be your own person. It is ok not to fit in and do not let people tell you that your not good enough to do something. Going back to finish a bachelors degree at 35 with a family is harder than when you are single and in your 20's. Live your life so when your ready to make a decision like what you want to do when you grow up you will take it seriously and take the world by storm. You are good enough for anything and smarter than people ever gave you credit for.

This is the best school for a nursing degree, the best professors, the best staff, the best people to educate the population about nursing.

Allissa

As a high school senior I was nervous to think that I would be heading to a place that was going to help me with the biggest decision of my life. This decision was deciding what I wanted to do with my life. If I could tell myself what to know about college, it would be that it is okay to not have a confirmed decision right now. Once I stepped foot on campus as an enrolled freshman, I changed my major and future plans three times. I would tell my high school self that going to college will confirm my carrier choice, so I know that what I will be doing is something I will love doing my entire life.

Any kind of person should attend Baker Univeristy. It is an expensive school but finacial aid will work with you to help you attend the school of your dreams. I know some students that have struggled in this department and fincial aid went out of their way to find scholarships for them to apply for. They are very friendly and also want you to succeed in life!

When I tell my friends about Baker Univeristy one of the first things I tell them is how friendly camous is! When you are walking to classes People will say hello, even if you dont know them. It is a small campus and coming from a small town it is something I appreciate. I will also tell my friends about how the proffessors are willing to work with you on whatever you need help with. They want you to succceed and to do your best!

Baker University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.