Baldwin City, KS
Baker University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baker University

Travis

Keep your head on straight. Dont get wrapped up in your social life or life back home. It is all about managing your time and having the ability to adjust to every thing that life throws at you. Coming in you skated through high school without having to try, now you will be faced with adversity and new challenges. Use the friends around you and from back home as new support for all your challenges. Dont be suprised if you face challenges being away from family in the first couple months. Take advantage of your available clubs and social life to make new friends and form a new family thru the fraternity. You will be successful if you focus on the task at hand and keep a level head when faced with challenges, big or small.

The atmosphere of learning during the week is outstanding. Makes me want to try hard in class and be academically engaged. Also the social life on the weekends is excellent. It seems like every gets involved in every activity that occurs that weekend.

A clear-minded individual. Open to ideas about both liberal and conservative ideas. Must be focused and ready for an ever-changing class structure. Also have great time management skills.

Tahyana

Assuming i could go back to when i was in high school, there are to many things to name that i would tell myself about college life. I would begin with the finances, it cost your SOUL to attend college. I would tell myself to save every penny i got to my name and to work even harder freshmen year to get scholarships cause it is very hard when thousands of other kids want the same thing you do. I would tell myself there are no such things as limits and even when i think i can do anymore, do more because its never to much. But most importantly i would tell myself not to let people get to me when they told me i would never make it. I would tell myself that im just as smart, talented, and hardworking as any other student. If not more. And how just because i wasn't born into a rich family, didn't mean i couldn't go to college to. I would have told myself to look forward when i walk, becasue thats the only direction im headed in. And how i deserved it.

Use your young age of 17 as an advantage. Work hard to acheive your dream as efficiently as you possibly can with out getting discouraged. Remember that you can do anything that you set your mind to, just make sure you don't waste the time and effort that you have put in to it. Don't let anything or anyone step on your goals in life.

kathryn

Never give up on your self, right now may look like the hardest it will ever be but that is not true. The worst is yet to come but dont fear it embrace your challenges. You and stonge and you can over come any battel. Never let your self feel alone you have support from every on around you. Do not be afraid to ask for help the people you see as not careing will be the ones to surprize you and help you in the dark times. Lastly remeber it is okay to feel unconfable, when you feel this way your are learing the most about your self. Love you- your older wiser self

how the baker grape vine worked... Word really does go around fast here. If you get marrieed brake up or just get to wild at a party some good with the bad.

every one knows everything about every one. you find the people you are mst like and call them friends. when some thing happens every one knows.

Lesley

Our school is best known for its academic quality. The classroom size here is outstanding. About half of my classes here have less than 10 people in them. Also, this school is known for its friendly atmosphere. Everybody on campus always has such a friendly attitude towards everybody and it makes people feel very welcome. Also, you feel like you are part of a family here. Everybody knows everybody, which makes it very easy to make friends and feel like you're part of a family.

Being in my second year of college, I wish I could go back and give myself some advice as a high school senior. When you're in high school, you feel like you have your entire life ahead of you and you can't wait to get out of high school and get to college to start over. My one piece of advice would be to take the time to enjoy the little things. There are some times now that I miss home so much and I would give anything to be able to spend a weekend at home, but I can't. I would suggest to high-school-me to cherish the moments you have left living at home. I miss sitting down to dinner with my parents, going to my sister's soccer games, talking to my family in car rides to dinner, going shopping with my mom and sister, kicking the soccer ball around with my dad, and so much more. You never really realize how much you miss something until it's gone. Yes, I still have my family, but I can never get those precious moments back of relaxing and cherishing time with my family.

I wish I had known how to better manage my time and money before I came to college. After the first few months, I had spent quite a lot of money, but I learned to create a budget and manage my money much better this way. I also wish that I knew how to manage time better. I had to create a schedule for myself with balancing school, sports, family, and a social life.

Sophia

College will be fun but will be more fun and less stressful if you manage your time correctly. Make lots of friends and be ni...

College will be fun but will be more fun and less stressful if you manage your time correctly. Make lots of friends and be nice.

A person that prefers a big school and doesn't want to be noticed.

Academics are Baker University's strong point. When you look at the price tag of tuition at Baker, it can seem overwhelmingly absurd. However, once you get here, you realize that you are getting every ounce of education that you are paying for. In my two years of being here, I have never regretted my decision to study here. I almost always leave the classroom feeling like I learned something useful. But, the learning doesn't stay in the classroom, it extends to real life. While in school, away from your parents and oftentimes, the news, I think we tend to forget about the reality of the world around us. Baker doesn't let that happen though; reality is brought into the classroom and that's when the true learning begins. Quite often, school falls into a study-and-forget routine and the only thing that matters is the here-and-now grade; but, here, I have real-life, applicable knowledge.

robert

My advice to myself, would be to always expect the unexpected, and if there's one thing to never stop believing is that if you think your ugly today, tommorrow you'll wake up sober and still be ugly. College life is long hours of head full of stress with tremondous amount of emotion battles within, on top of that you have bills to be payed on time. Work, is your snooze button every morning and due dates are your daily news, for lunch you'll know how much you've spent and how much you could of saved, relationships will be the same, like time is money, and still spending more money than you expected! For dinner your dreams will be like your favorite music video, easy to see but hard to comprehend because your life will be moving so fast you wished you had a reset button. Ambition is your only grip on reality or bust.

Robert

The atmosphere here is what I find unique. There, for the most part, seems to a friendliness in the air. Everyone almost seems like a great neighbor, very positive and cordial. Almost too much so. I had really never been to a place where a majority the people were all so warm and welcoming. I feel that this is probable due to both the caliber of students that apply to Baker University and the relatively small student body, which makes it possible for you to really get to know many of your class mates.

Honestly, I would tell the past me to pursue an engineering degree. I came to Baker thinking I would major in Nursing, though engineering was my dream. I was just afraid that though I was deemed intelligent for a high schooler, I wouldn't be smart enough to achieve a degree in engineering. Now I am a couple step behind those who stuck to their guns and pursued their dreams because I let a fear of failure influence my choice of goals. Also I would have to tell the past me to have some confidence and actually challange myself with a heavier course load. Other than that I would just remind him to handle college like he had handled everything else in life, smile and don't disappoint yourself, cause that is the one person you will never forgive you if you fail.

Obviously someone who needs positive reinforcement and comradery would find Baker to be a perfect fit. Those who are also very into their studies would enjoy the peaceful surroundings and the lack of temptations that are present at some of the larger, party schools. I personally chose Baker because I require a personal connection with my instructors, and I don't know if there is another university that facilitates that as well as Baker University.

Carlee

I have aquired many skills needed to succeed in the business industry. In 2008, I recieved my Bachlors of Science in Management and now I am starting on my MBA. After I graduated from Baker I started my current job with the University of Kansas, I married, bought a house and had my son, Calvin. In the two years that I have been out of school not a day goes by that I don't use my BS, however not a day goes by that I do not think about furthering my education for myself as well as for my family. The value of a college experience cannot be measured in 200 words but in the personal successes of an individual. I accredit all of my personal and professional successes and spiritual growth to my college experience. I hope to set an example and inspire my son to one day go to college and get a higher education.

I wouldn't change a thing about Baker University. I love this school.

Anyone that is looking for a good education.

Baker University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.