Baldwin City, KS
Baker University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baker University

Eldina

I believe that Baker University is best known for their excellent nursing programs and sports. I believe that anyone that attends Baker University would be more than happy with their education when they are done. As far as the sports go, I play soccer for Baker myself and I believe that their sports can many job opportunities as well. So, no matter what you are a Baker for, I can promise that you would not be dissatisfied.

Jackie Robinson once said, “A life is unimportant except in the impact it has on other lives”. I believe that the most valuable thing that I have recieved from Baker University is the mind set that, I can and will impact lives when I am done with my education. I have learned a lot in just one semester at Baker University, however, I believe that I still have so much to learn and I am excited about that. I have learned that caring about others and respecting others is a way of life and what ever I can do to help people I will do. I believe that my degree can help me achieve all of these goals. Baker University has been valuable to attend for me because it has helped me learn more about myself and how to take responsibility for everything that I do. This money would help me get the degree of my dreams and more help me help other people.

When I talk to my friends, I would say that I brag about how much I enjoy getting my education at Baker and how the environment is a loving and caring one. I also brag about how close everyone at Baker is and hoe much the teachers actually care about the students and want them to be the best they can be. Finally, I brag about how Baker provides every opportunity for their students in order for them to pass all of their classes and find a job in the career path that they have chosen.

Mason

I have learned about time management and my own personal study skills/habits. I have learned that I am not not good at catching up on work, so I can't get behind. I have learned alot in my major (physics) from classes, and from office visits with my professors. I have improved my critical thinking skills through liberal arts courses. I have also improved my writing skills from the liberal arts courses. I am a member of the Kappa Sigma fraterinity and Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps. AFROTC has taught me leadership, attention to detail (my biggest weakness), and how to organize two schedules (academic coursework at Baker Univerity and AFROTC at the Univerisity of Kansas). I have had the opportunity through AFROTC to attend the US Strategy Command Space Symposium, and I have learned that I want to work in the space field.

The small class sizes allow the professors to engage the students individually and give them one on one help.

Somebody who wants more expensive resources.

Katherine

I have loved the environment that the students, faculty, and staff all provide to the campus. The school focuses on the best education possible for each student while preparing them for careers afterward.

My college experience has gotten me ready for a career after college. Although I still have a year until I graduate, I am already starting to feel confident about how I am going to be prepared to begin a career and be a very desirable employee for whomever I end up working for. However, I have not only gotten a great education so far from my college experience, but I have also gotten great friends and memories that are going to last me a lifetime.

I think the best thing is the size. This is because the biggest class is probably 50 people total. With these small of class sizes the teachers are able to give each student individual attention if they need and are also able to get to know the students. I have developed great relationships with teachers because of the small classes.

Kristen

After going through almost four years of college life I think the the best advice I could give myself is to take chances. I have taken quite a few chances in the past four years and it has shaped me into so much of a better person today. I would tell myself to not be afraid to jump, this is the time to experiment and really find out who you are and what you want to do for the rest of your life. I would not change a thing about my college experience, except for maybe to not stress out about the little things as much, so I would definitely say to just relax and be myself and not try to be who I think people will like because I have made the best relationships at Baker and will stay friends with many people from here for the rest of my life. Take a Chance!

I feel like the interaction between the professors and students is the most unique thing compared to other schools. I feel like they are there 24 hours a day if you need them, most of them give out their home phone numbers and sometimes have get togethers at their own homes. It's just something that you would not find anywhere else!

When I talk about Baker, I talk about how we're our own little community. Everyone is friends at Baker and the campus is so small that you get to see people you know all the time! The class sizes are so small and the professors are very invested in making sure every student does the best they can.

Bethany

The setting is small andthe professors are very personable. The school is very friendly and has a good percentage rate of graduating and continuing masters program. The success rate of the field I have chosen at this university is 85% which is important to me. The dorms are in suites rather than in community style dorms.

First of all, I would tell myself to take as much english, science and technology classes as possible. I have written numerous papers in my classes. By paying attention in English class, I was able to write these papers with ease. Another course that should be taken is science. The biology and chemistry courses in high school do not have enough information in them to prepare us for college, at least not at the university level. I would also tell myself to take more technology classes. In college I had to present many presentations. The first few were difficult because I did not have the tools to make good presentations. I have learned more about it now, but if I would have taken the technology courses in high school I would have been prepared to do power point, videos, and etc. Lastly, live in the dorms your first year of college, even if your parents live close. The friends and the comradery that is made will last a lifetime. There is so much to learn from other people and by living in the dorms and experiencing this lifestyle. I would definitely live in the dorms for all the experiences.

I feel that anyone could attend this school. It is a great school for anyone wanting to attend a good challenging curriculum. The professors really challenge me to be all we can be sometimes it is uncomfortable but in the end I have grown as a person by attending Baker University.

Chelsea

What makes Baker University unique; is that it feels more like a community than a school. The small campus allows for students and teacher to get to know each other and your fellow students become your friends, best friends, relationships that will last a life time. The Baker community feels more liek a family more that a buch of students taking classes together. The campus is beautiful, and there are so many activities to get involved in. From sports to music and art! Baker is the place to be!

If I could go back and tell my self what I know now about college that I know now, and didn't knwo back in high school then that converstaion would go something like this. "Chels, you're going to think I am carzy when i tell you this, but college is nothing like you thought it would be! You actually enjoy your classes, and have many great friends. To get a step ahead of the game, do your math homework and try to understand it. Other wise you will have to take two semesters instead of one. Practice, practice, practice!!!! Just because all the other kiddos in band and orchestra have private lessons every week doesn't mean you can't be just as good or better! If you prcatice as much as you do here in the near future you will be suprised about how far you can go in just a few months. Keep your head up your almost done!" With that converstion to my self then I am sure I truely would be suprised in the now (present).

The only thing I wish I would have known about Baker before attending was where/what all the building where. That way I would know where I was going for classes on the first day.

Lindley

I would tell myself that studying is very important, especially in classes where tests make up the majority or all of the semester grade.

I alwasy talk about the amazing academic standards here at Baker, the friendly faculty and students, and the fun and interesting classes that the school has to offer. Also, I talk frequently about Interterm, our third semester during the month of January, where students get to take a fun, easy class to get them used to being back at school again.

Baker is located in Baldwin City, where there are only 5 resturaunts and almost nothing else to do. The closest places with things to do are at least thirty minutes from campus, which can be very inconvienient for those of us who are lacking a car.

Baker University has alot of history, caring professors that want you to succeed in life, and the faculty actually has faith in you.

I would tell myself to go to community college first before going to an actually four year college. That way I could get a better understanding how college works. I would talk to my professors more rather than figure out situation on your own. It makes learning difficult. Procastination gets you nowhere, but way behind in your classes. Also I would get involved in more study groups. You may struggle in a class and maybe a classmate could explain it so you could understand on a student level.

Baker has small classrooms, where you can actually meet with the professor one on one.

JaNay

My school is very dedicated to its students.

My school is very dedicated to its students.

If I could go back and talk to my high school senior self I would tell myself to focus on being solo. Ever since I moved into my dorms i've gotten lonely without a car to travel with friends to Lawrence. I would also tell myself to be more involved with my school work. I believe that if i would have concerned myself with school work more so than just having fun I would be more prepared to study long nights and have the ability to balance work and play equally. The most important thing I would tell myself is to STAY AWAKE IN CLASS!!!!!! I've found that college doesn't allow students to sleep in class and maintain grades. I would tell myself to break that bad habit before I made it to a junior in high school. I think if I could just share those three things with my past self I would be better prepared for college.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the city it's located in is very under developed for a college town. There isn't many activities to get into in Baldwin City. This leaves students to travel to Lawrence in order to have fun and leaves room for them to get into lots of mischief.

Demetrius

Baker University is a excellent campus that students can excell in and gain a long lasting career after obtaining an bachelors degree.

Baker University is very unique compare to other universities across the nation because Baker University the oldest school in Kansas. My school is relatively small and the proffesors truly care about thier students. Baker University has its own little church on campus and you really feel part of a family at Baker University. Besides the excellent proffessors, students learn how to apply what he or she has learned ,over a course of four years, into real ife situations. The other Universities I applied to did not even come close to what Baker University offers.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, the advice I would give to myself is balance your social and academic life. It is okay to have fun, but make sure all academic work is done well and completed on time. Study weeks in advance before your exams occur, because finals will go by real smooth. Choose your freinds wisley and do not be afriad to be a leader among your peers. Nothing in college is ever giong to be easy so do not be afriad to ask professors for help on academic subjects. Try to get invovled with campus activities, so you can improve your resume and make many freinds. Always be n the hunt for new scholarships and interships that pop up around your college or University. If you do not need a job do not apply for one during your freshman year. Freshman year is about adjusting to college life and finding a place in your college or University. Stay in touch with freinds and family because they are giong to be there when no else will be . Make responsible adult decisions with your time that is given.

Baker University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.