Bakersfield College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bakersfield College

Krystyn

The School is nice in total, the campus has had some recent upgrades that compliment it. While I do feel safe on campus during the day, I do not feel so safe in the evening walking to my car alone. I will normally walk in a group.

Robert

After doing one semester of Bakersfield colleges this school year, I can say I've never been in a place as diverse as this. People from all walks of life come here to learn and the Intructors are always available even sometimes past their office hours. Do not get me wrong academicly this place is amazing, turning the most complex idea into bits of easy to take information however a lot of the work is on the student. If someone refuses to work out side of class then they are wasting their time in class.

Krislyn

Bakersfield College is the perfect JC school. Don't expect to find the ultimate college experience there, because that's not what it's about. It's a starter school that students usually transfer out of after their two years. For the most part, the professors are cool, the academics are challenging, and I had a great time there!

Eric

Bakersfield College is a great school to learn not only about your career but about yourself. They really strive to make us better contributing members of society. I highly recommend attending this school. They offer many programs and student services to ensure we have a successful and beneficial time at this college.

Dina

I like it so far but i would like to see more activities inside the campus and people involving in things not just in classes . Also having sororities is good as people involve in such things to become friends with others but teachers and academics are great

Anthony

I enjoy Bakersfield college greatly. I've been a student since 2015 and the professors who've taught me have always been nice and caring. They get the job done and they make sure everyone in class is understanding. The campus is also very nice and clean and there's always something do or people to meet.

Chaniece

Bakersfield College is a good local community college. The classes are not always available, particulate for nursing majors, but the professors are well-versed in their subject, and there are ample resources available for any type of student to succeed.

Overall I do enjoy the school and the teachers. Students usually always keep to themselves, but when it comes to group projects they are not afraid to cooperate and be social. There are many students attending the school which is great, but this also means classes are limited and it can sometimes take a semester or two to apply to a certain class you need.

Jasmine

It’s like any other college where students go to get an education. The students there are outgoing and get along well, and I see many clubs always being active on campus which seems cool. Most professors are really great professors and have time for one on one conversations. Overall, I like Bakersfield College and believe it’s a great community college to start off at.

Joshua

The college is mainly for students who want to transfer out to a four year university. However, the school does have an excellent nursing program as well other notable programs. The crime has spiked in the last year not only on campus, but in the area. Despite there being a police officer on campus for the majority of the day.

It's a good place to get your GED/Associates Degree, but it's no University. Cheaper than a University though. Most of the students there are local and are just trying to save money before transferring to a higher education college/university. The rest of the students are adults trying to go back to school and get the education the need for cheap.

Baldeep

Great academic experience. Not that great for college life. You will have access to amazing professors with actual real-world experience. They are all very helpful and want to see their students succeed. Some downsides would have to be the location of the college.

Patrick

The faculty are mostly helpful and adequate educators, some are very enthusiastic, but others treat their class carelessly. These professors do not utilize the class period with useful knowledge and or let the students behave like noisy teenagers.

Harman

Well first let me just say I am only taking summer school for college for now but will be going to college in two months. The college itself is amazing and has a good cafeteria food, even better than high school cafeteria. The college has excellent services for all the students.

Areli

The classes are good. I never really got involved in other activities going on around campus. While attending this college I was also attending highschool. I wasn’t really informed about the different activities going on around campus. But I know that there were games and plays that students would be able to attend.

Jonathan

The school is the perfect setting to learn. If you find yourself in a hard class or difficult professor, there is lot of available tutors either through the STEM or MESA program. With the except of a few departments, the school is very good in preparing students to transfer to a UC or CSU.

courtney

It’s okay

It is a good school. Almost every teacher I have had at BC is great and very smart, especially the ones involved in the chemistry and biology department. One of the things I like the most is that it is not as crowded as other colleges so it is easier to get classes. Overall I enjoy going to BC.

Guadalupe

Bakersfield College is a good school but a few changes would not hurt. For example some courses are hard to get into because they fill up fast and more teachers should be hired to teach the biology classes. Faculty is very friendly they will help to the best of their ability and most teachers enjoy in helping and explaining the material to students. The library faculty and workshops for researching are very helpful.

Jazmin

I enjoy attending Bakersfield college the staff and classmates are friendly. The professors are always willing to help you and are quick to answer any of your questions. Overall I feel safe and have no complains.

Payton

Definitely do NOT recommend it. Took months to get into a counselor, and she was not helpful when I was finally seen. I tried adding on another major and she told me getting the classes are nearly impossible, I'm better off trying at another school. Everything is over-priced for a small community college.

Gurjot

Bakersfield College is a place where students can enjoy and pursue their hobbies and interests with great ease; Bakersfield College is renowned to be a sporting giant, and certainly lives up to that identity: With a large gymnasium, and wide variety of sporting activities to chose from, active students can certainly maintain their active lifestyles, as well as encourage others to follow suit. Sporty students are not the only ones who may feel at home, with a large library, and excellent staff, academically achieving students equally feel at home. Availability of wi-fi and ease of access to the internet via public computers allow students to make their collegiate life more efficient.

Kasandra

It is a great kick-start to transfer. The programs are great but it is harder to get into the programs. It took me personally two semesters to get into the Extended Opportunity Program and Services (E.O.P.S). There is also a few issues with the Disable Students Program and Services (D.S.P.S). It is very hard to get appointments and it takes a while to receive some services. Overall, this college is great.

Malcolm

While the physical setting of the school is far from impressive, there is a unique and powerfully meaningful degree of diversity that provides a form of life to the institution. Moving beyond the typical ethnic diversity inherent in a California school, there is a unique depth to diversity in the areas of age, family background, profession, socioeconomic, and political/world view. This diversity cannot be found in the average undergraduate setting. Furthermore, this diversity contributes to a development of a life-long learner mindset and inter-generational relations which serves to color the school in beautiful ways not found elsewhere.

justin

As a veteran, the services provided to me noticeably assisted in my success as a student. I was able to get into the classes that I needed when I needed to and had access to some of the better counselors and student body on campus through the Veterans Resource Center. However, most students do not share my privileges and it is extremely hard to get into certain classes. I feel that administration needs to address these issues promptly as I personally know people that have waited three semesters to get into a single class that is required to take additional classes. Because my experience was amazing, my professors were always available, and I was able to get through my two years unhindered, I give Bakersfield College four stars. I hope future students can experience a similar academic career as mine,

I have spent almost two years at Bakersfield College and getting all the classes I need has been a fairly smooth process. My experience has had its ups and downs, but has been fulfilling. I have had some very great professors there who are readily available. However, parking is a disaster and some of the facilities are run-down.

Cory

Bakersfield College is a very large Junior College Campus with outdated facilities, attempting to cater to thousands of incoming students every year. The staff from top to bottom is amazing from the advisors who work in counseling and financial aid to the professors themselves. The football stadium is incredible and seems to have been the focal point of the city at one time. The rest of the campus can really use some upgrades and restoration, but the teaching is excellent and help is always right around the corner.

Yadira

I believe Bakersfield College is a good school. it is not the best but, it is something. I do feel safe at school nothing bad has happened to me in my experience at Bakersfield College. some professors are very unfair but there are others who truly care.

Sabrina

I love Bakersfield College. At first I wasn't too excited about coming to BC because I was more eager to attend the University in town. However, I am really happy that I was accepted into the RN program here on campus. BC offers a lot of great programs like the RN program that have amazing professors that care about the students. BC is located in a bad area of town, however campus security and Bakersfield police do their best to keep the campus safe for all the students.

I like the cost of the classes, but I am excited to transfer after I finish my general education

German

Bakersfield College in all honesty is very under appreciated and looked over. I am currently attending and i can honestly say my experience here is amazing ! The professors and students alike are very supportive and can always be around to give a helping hand to each other.

Maegan

It is an excellent school for students who wish to partake in concurrent enrollment because it provides a good environment for success. Furthermore, it has wonderful opportunities for students of all majors including major and minor choices, academic clubs, and campus events.

Carmen

Bakersfield is a very bonding and friendly college. I go to the Delano campus and everyone is friendly. The Professors are always available and very interested in our education. The office personnel are eager to help and some how or another they always remember my name. The campus is clean and the students are friendly and ready to share with me.

Kaylana

Bakersfield College is full of staff members that are eager to help their students succeed. They have a well placed tutoring center that covers everything from forestry to anthropology. When dealing with most professors, they are very kind and really care about their students.

mikayla

Bakersfield College is actually very big on wanting to make every student feel capable no matter the circumstances. From living in a domestic violence situation to not having food on the table to not being able to afford it, to just wanting to make sure a student has mental clarity, I have never met a staff member who genuinely didn't care and I feel that is something so special for a school to have.

Francisco

Bakersfield College is a politicallly and socially conscious school with a wonderful campus and student environment. The professors are readily available and are often times found nearby student dorms and can be chatted with. Bakersfield College in overall and in my opinion is a great community college.

Rigo

It's a very big nice school with tons of different people, it's very bright and colorful. I definitely think it's on the higher end of schools and would be always someones first choice. I am a freshman here and so i believe first impressions are key, and the first impression Bakersfield College made on me will be a permanent good one. One i will be very fond of, and unlike a lot of places i am glad to be a student here, and happy to tell anyone i come across, and i believe that says a lot.

Katherine

My overall opinion of Bakersfield College is it is a very good College. It has lots of Great Professors and It also offers a very wide variety of class choices. I felt a little out of place for the first two weeks, now I am right at home. I also, feel pretty good about the fact that other students my age attend.

Valeria

Overall, I would say that Bakersfield College is not a bad college. It is a community college so the people are not supposed to stay there for more than two years, but it I think that it does it's job well. I have been on track to leave after two years and the councilors are helpful if you ask for the help.

Guadalupe

My overall opinion of Bakersfield college is that it is a very great opportunity for students who want to stay near my Bakersfield and get the same education for less. My brother goes to Bakersfield college and he says that he likes it and that he should take more classes.he went and registered late because he wasn't sure of he was still going to attend college but they still helped him.they didn't just turn away because he came late. which i think is really great

Melisa

I like my school, but there is definitely room for improvement. Especially when it comes to the availability of certain classes. I like that there are events on campus and always something interesting to check out. They have the fun part under control, but when it comes to availability of courses it is time for reform and expansion.

Aileen

My overall opinion of Bakersfield College is they have a great staff, they are very helpful, when you need to meet with a professor he or she will make time for you or get their important things out of the way to help you out, also it’s a really nice campus and a great environment.