Berea, OH
Baldwin Wallace University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baldwin Wallace University

Haleigh

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to try harder in class to get the best grades possible. I would also tell myself to not get behind in the college application process, and to apply for every scholarship possible.

I brag most about how small my campus is and how small my class sizes are.

Marissa

Baldwin Wallace is a wondeful school filled with caring students and faculty who come together to form one big family.

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say to take my studies more seriously. I have fallen into a hole that I am trying to get myself out of becaus ein high school I did not take things all that seriously and was used to getting good grades without having to work hard. College is harder than I expected and I wish I had used high school to develop the study skills I needed to succeed my first year in college. I would also advise myself to put my studies first instead of partying. You have four years to get it out of your system, not just your Freshman year. Instead work hard so you can stay in school.

Students who ado not want to be in a small, closeknit community where everyone knows everything about each other wether you want them to or not.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing everything I know about college life and making the transition, I would tell my senior self to never just settle for passing. I would give advise on how high school doesn't always prepare you for what college brings and how it is a lot more work than people think it is. I would tell my senior self that actually giving effort to all of the homework and test will help later on. Some other tips to my senior self would be not to be lazy with assignments because the laziness follows into freshman year of college. To get rid of the laziness in senior year of high school will help out when becoming a freshman in college because the worrying and hassel of trying to get rid of it would be already taken care of.

I consider the positive environment setting at Baldwin Wallace University the best thing because everyone is so friendly and inviting. I love and think that the environment is a positive and a heart warming place for learning because the staff and students are both willing to help others in need and are there to help you succeed. Baldwin Wallace University has many qualities that make it a great school but the people that you meet here, whether they attend here or are part of the staff are the ones that make this campus the positive environmental setting that it is.

The kind of person that should attend this school varies on who they are as a person and what their personal preferences are for their perfered learning styles. Baldwin Wallace is a school that is very diverse and doesn't discriminate against anyone or how they are. Baldwin Wallace is an environmenal friendly place and is a United Methodist based school but accepts all religions, ethnicities, and all people no matter their sexual preferences. I think a person with a positive attitude toward their future success or someone who doesn't know exactly what they want would be comfortable here.

Baldwin Wallace has small class sizes with friendly students and faculty members, but there is not as many activities as some people would like.

Attending college is a fascinating experience, but I wish I would have known more about the college experience. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to learn everything there is to know about college. I could have learned so much more about college. My high school held a meeting about financial aid, but I did not attend it. I would not have so many questions if I had gone. Also, during my college orientation, there were many meetings I did not attend because I did not want to drive the 45 minutes to the college. However, I would have learned more about the college experience, so I would not feel so unprepared when I entered college. I also should have attended the involvement fair because I would have seen how I could have been involved on campus. Since I did not attend it, I did not know how to get involved, so I missed many opportunities to have a more exciting year at school.If I had told myself to learn everything about college and attend any informational meetings that arose, I would have had a more exciting year without so many questions.

A student who wants small class sizes should attend this school. He or she should be open to new experiences and diversity because this school is very diverse and liberal. He or she should be willing to learn. Students who attend this school should not be looking for a party school because Baldwin Wallace is not much of a party school. However, it is very safe, and I have learned a lot from this school.

Erin

Honestly I would tell myself to enjoy every single moment as much as possible because it truly goes by so fast. If I could I would try to document every day with a journal or a scrapbook as well. I would tell myself not to worry so much and realize that everything will work out the way it is supposed to work out.

It is just the right size, not too big and not too small. Everyone is very friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand.

Morgan

I would tell myself to take really good care of my health, try to use every opportunity to use work study, learn how to drive and get an internship. Take advantage of the internship opportunities and make friends with the people who you wanted to get to know better, DO NOT take research classes with a certain professor, follow your gut because most of the time you were right.

Someone who wants to study and is focused on a career.

Jacob

BW is a nice small school where the professors really care about each student. It isn't much of a party school, but there is always stuff going on.

Slow down! Take that year off that you were considering. Spend that time working, making money, and saving for school. You know it's a good idea but you are afraid that life is going too fast for you to take a break. You can stop and catch your breath. I know you are worried about "getting rusty" when it comes time to return to school, but if you keep reading and challenging yourself, school will be easy. You are also worried about quiting school because you might not come back. If you make plans to start school up again after exactly one year, you will hold yourself to it because we both know how important education is to us. Don't be afraid to follow your gut. You chose the right college, don't feel pressured to enroll at the wrong time.

The professors really care about their students, you aren't just a number. The professors are honest and want to help you do your best

Courtney

Baldwin-Wallace college is a school made up of students and faculty who truly care about each other; this inherent love effects every aspect of the school and allows the campus to flurish with warmth and good will.

The most unique aspect about Baldwin-Wallace College is the small class sizes and the community atmosohere. Also, it is a smaller campus than most colleges and is located in a quite suburb which makes the environment feel safe. Here at Baldwin-Wallace we also have close relationships with our academic advisors making this school feel even more like a family.

The advice I would give myself would be to wake up and realize that the moment I had been waiting for all my life is finally here and it's going to take a lot more than "just getting by" to succeed. I would tell myself to stop thinking that adverage grade are acceptable, because in college adverage is failing. I would tell myself that although I'm so anxious to get away from my parents I should still call them every night because they are the only people I can depend on. I would tell myself I'm not as mature as I think I am. Most of all I would reassure myself that although my life will be crazy at first everything WILL be okay.

Luke

BW has a simple, manageable feel to it despite being so close to various businesses, activities, and events. The surrounding community is extremely supportive of anything the college hosts, and is literally intertwined within the campus. The college is relatively small but simultaneously offers students a plethora of opportunities and avenues to pursue in clubs/organizations, study abroad opportunities, classes, and personal choices. Acceptance of others flows freely at BW and everyone can feel completely comfortable being themselves. Academics are taken seriously, but there is a personal touch to the education that could rival many private tutors.

Choosing a roommate can be one of the most important decisions you make regarding your happiness and success at school. The relationship can be similar to a marriage at times, so choose wisely. Always remember that the purpose of college is to gain an education, so expect some sleepless nights and sacrifice. Make sure to take all your classes seriously. Exceed the expectations of the professor on every project and assignment you complete, and your grade will often exceed your expectations. Always squeeze in exercise during the day if possible; you won't regret it once you are finished. Eat healthy and do not be the first to put on that freshman fifteen. Finish work right when it is given out, and there will always be time for some fun. Keep your loved ones in the loop about what is going on in your life; they love to hear about you. Take every opportunity to meet new people, and get involved with something that is worthy of your abilities and passion. Step out of your comfort zone to join an organization or activity you would not normally do. Never stop working toward the person who you envision yourself becoming.

The roommate can make a huge difference in one's happiness and success at school. This is not a decision that should be taken lightly, and every aspect of their living should be considered. The relationship can be like a marriage at times. Next, do not let the easier classes slip away just because they seem to require less attention. Work just as hard in those classes as every other class. Remember what you are primarily there for, and be ready to sacrifice time for studies. Lastly, all that stuff you heard about time management being important- it's true.

jessica

Baldwin Wallace is best known for the conservatory. The students that come to sing, perform, and play instruments here are absolutely amazing. The school is pushing to become more of a sports school to in order to appeal to all students and not just the musically talented.

The hardest part about the transition to college was leaving my family. I would have taken more time in high school preparing myself to be living on my own, and maybe gone away to some type of camps or something where I would have been able to stay away from my house for an extended period of time. When I left for college, it was truly the first time I had been away from home or my family for a long time and it was very hard to deal with because of how close my family is.

The worst thing about Baldwin Wallace is the choice of food. I know it seems petty, but when you are living away from home sometimes you just want a really good meal. While there are days when the food is really good, those are few and far between.

Baldwin Wallace University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.