Berea, OH
Baldwin Wallace University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baldwin Wallace University

Laura

BW is an excellent institution to develop skills in specific areas, engage in critical thinking, and become more culturally minded.

I would tell myself to not be so scared about rejection from other people. College is not scary and is only as good as you make it. Take advantage of campus-wide activities. Speak up in class. Introduce yourself to your classmates. Do not be scared or stay in your room all day. College is so much easier when you have friends to support you. It is so crucial to make friends in order to handle the stress of school work. Please step out and go beyond your comfort zone. Also, try very hard not to procrastinate. Make a study plan and stick with it, you'll thank me later.

The worst thing about BW is that it is smaller which means there are less people with whom to interatct and communicate. Sometimes I wish BW was larger so we would have better representation of more ethnic minority groups than we do now. BW campus is predominantly caucasian which makes it hard to challenge comfort zones and be open with different cultures.

My college experience has been great thus far and makes me thirsty for more. I want to be as knowledgable as possible and to succeed in my career field. I know that through attending college I can achieve each and every one of my very important life-long goals.

Madeline

College has helped me to become a more mature, and well rounded person. Keeping up with homework and tests helped me to truly know responsibilty. Best of all without my college education I wouldn't be able to pursue what I really love. College helped me to fuel my passion for music while preparing me for my future.

Michelle

Everyone there is really smart and somewhat intellectual. Except the PE majors.

Everyone there is really smart and somewhat intellectual. Except the PE majors.

I have received a BA in English and an MLIS for Librarianship for Children. Everything I have learned up to this point has prepared me for the world I am facing career-wise. Everything I have learned from my educational experience has positively affected my outlook on the world and how I choose to pursue my goals. I will also have a reliable means to sustain my children with. My education is valuable because it is the key to all of my dreams. The more I learn, the bigger my dream world becomes and the more I know I am able to achieve anything I want.

Someone who wants larger class sizes and an easier college experience should not attend this college.

Although I am only a sophomore at the moment, I have gotten so much out of my college experience that I did not expect. I have learned how to be a professional both inside and out of the classroom. I have also gotten the chance to figure out social aspects that will be useful in the future. I have also had the opportunity to learn things as simple of trust, responsibility, and how to have fun doing the most simple things.

The dorms/halls of the college I attend is the worst thing. This is because of their poor conditions and lack of being updated every once in a while.

My school makes us take surveys at the end of every semester in regards to our professors. It is frustrating to find out that professors who continuously get bad reports are still teaching.... And then have no choice to take a class from him/her.

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. First and foremost I got an amazing education with small classes and professors that actually care to teach you and to make sure you are understanding. Secondly, I left college with an amazing group of friends which I would almost consider family. Living on your own, you have to find a group that fits you, and once you do its a new family and its comforting. I am comfortable in my own skin and my education at BW has allowed me to be accepted into The University of Findlay for Occupational Therapy Masters Program which I will begin this summer. BW was a great school and I would not have changed anything about it because I would not be who I am today.

An open minded, outgoing person. This is a small school, and you will meet many of people and know most people if you allow yourself to and do not exclude yourself

The most frustrating thing about BW is the cost of the school, and then to see BW cars driving around campus and feeling like that is what your money has paid for. It was an expensive private school, and something they seem stingy on what they have to offer, or how much they will offer.

Leah

As a sophomore I have been able to experience many aspects of college life. It has allowed me to find out about myself and the kind of person I really am. I found out what it is like to study, clean, feed myself, and work to pay my bills. Coming to college was a big step, but it allowed me to grow up and discover who I am.

The neuroscience program is excellent and very challenging.

The teachers are wonderful. I have a lot of face to face interactions and they all know my name.

Lydia

As of right now, I think one of the most improtant things I have gotten out of my time at BW is a better understanding of who I am as a person and how I fit in to the world. When I came I had never lived away from home, hadn't really needed to worry about myself. Now I am six hours from home and have to do things without the consent of my parents. This really teaches alot about the kind of person you are. It gives you a chance to expore and try new things. I am learning how I react under certian cercimstances or oppertunities. I have started pushing myself further and chanllenging myself. I think that going to college will help me to become a person who not only has learned to get along with other poeple, had a great education, but be more comfortable in y own skin.

The people at BW are diverse, friendly and make me feel like I am part of the faimly. As a incoming freshmen I felt alone, but the people here, other students, facautly and even the works have been so nice that I feel like I belong. They make up the atmosphere here, one that is welcoming to everyone.

I wish that I had known a little bit more about how each dorm looked, so that when I picked my top choices for the year I would know would have known what I was getting into. I ended up on a Greek floor. I did not go Greek. I love the girls on the floor however and they are very nice to me. However I dislike living in the Greek building as I feel like a bit of an outsider.

Kristina

When I visited Baldwin-Wallace college I experienced a very community oriented campus. Everyone was extremely open and friendly which surprised me. I did not feel uneasy in beginning a conversation with someone I did not know because no matter what the major of the other student was, you could talk about almost anything! Another thing was when I visited I met the staff/professors who seemed to go out of their way no matter what to show me all about the departments I was interested in for the future.

So far out of my college experience I have learned about myself. I have discovered that I am an accepting individual that is open to new learning experiences and making new friends. Attending college has allowed me to come out of my introverted personality and become involved. However, the most important thing that I have gotten out of my college experience is my education. Going to college is extremely expensive, especially in todays economy. The cost for classes, books, and fees adds up quickly and looks extremely intimidating. By attending Baldwin-Wallace I understand the cost, but to me the education I have received thus far and the education I will continue to receive outweighs the cost completely. I feel as if the quality of my education is priceless because it means so much to me and what my future will become.

I consider the worst thing about Baldwin-Wallace is the cold weather. Winter here can get fairly cold and walking to class with the wind blowing is not always the most pleasant experience.

coral

What I have gotten out of my college experience is that college is something for every person, regardless of age or gender. In my nursing class, there is such a wide range of ages as well as a mix of males and females. We are all supportive of each other and are in a positive learning environment supported not only by our instructors, but by each other. I think the main thing that I have learned is that it is never too late to go back to school or start school. Education really is for everyone, not just the young!

Baldwin Wallace University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.