Berea, OH
Baldwin Wallace University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baldwin Wallace University

Caleb

If I could go back in time, there's some things I would change and some that I would not. Having started a degree program in Music and not completed it I would have done a better job at researching the specific school and degree program I was getting myself into. I think that would have changed my mind a little bit. I still have no regrets at going and trying this program because it made me a better person, and helped shape my life and who I am. Every experience in life shapes you to who you are. And I'm thankful for that.

Jonathan

My school is best known for its small class sizes, and its teacher-student interaction. The small class sizes allow our proffesors to give alot of individual attention to each of his/her students. This creates a positive learning environment that is specifically designed to meet any students learning needs. This system allows the teachers to better understand how each of their students can get the most out of their education

At this time in your life, you are getting a ton of information thrown at you. The most important thing you can do is simply listen. Truly spend your time listening to the advice of those around you, it is all valuable in its own way, and although you may not see how at this point in your academic career, I promise you it will come into play later. This may seem like a trivial task to pursue, but I assure you that one thing I have learned in college about both academics and life, is that you can be presented with the same truths, but you may not fully understand them until it is said to you in a certain way. You can be taught a lesson one way and not understand its value until you find someone who can present it in a different manner. Sometimes, you simply need to hear it in a different way. Thats why I would advise you that when you come to a roadblock in life as we all inevitably do, pursue the answer with an open mind, ear, and heart. These are the factors that will always lead you to the solution.

I wish I had known about more classes that were interesting to me on an intellectual level that may not have been included in my major. I would have loved to take more classes that, although may not have been required by major, were socially and intellectually stimulating. For example, although I may be a music major, I would have liked to take more political theory courses during my first two years of college.

teresa

Knowing what I know today, I would have stay in the program and finished going to college because my major then was Business and I would have been at the job alot long. But I decided to change and go into the teaching field because I have children and the scheduling worked well for me at that time. I enjoy what I am doing now which is teaching at a very good center and working in the preschool program. I have been here for 8 years and doing that time I have raised 3 children and 4 grandchildren, so it is now time for me to go back to school to help continued my education in this field and hoping to retire in the near future. I have seem children come and go and then watch their sibling come to my class, so when I see my students from when I started, it make me feel very good that I stay in this field as a teacher. I have enjoyed every day that I have been here and when the time for me to leave it will be a sad day for me, I plan on still working part-time .

Barbara

Baldwin-Wallace College is best known for their studies in liberal arts. The college has put a strong emphasis on liberal arts studies, which can been seen in every class. By being well-rounded the student will not only succeed but go beyond their potential. Thus, graduates of Baldwin-Wallace College are better prepared for any challenges that their careers might bring them.

The one advice I would give myself would be to "don't hold back, you only live once". I chose a school that was small, close to home, and more specifically a comfort zone. I wished I had the backbone to take the chance and go somewhere that would force me out of my shell. For most students, one of the qualities for choosing a college would be comfort. However, during my years at college I have realized, "How does one truly reach their full potential, if they only stay within their shell?" College isn't only a place where one gains education, but it is also a place for personal growth. These are the years where you will not only learn about economics and science, but also learn about yourself. An opportunity to gain self-actualization, and knowing your place in this world. If you don't like it, you're in the best environment to change it. That to me, is one of the best education a person can have.

Baldwin-Wallace College provides excellent education and academic courses for their students. As a transfer student from two different colleges, I have noticed that the quality of education far exceeds the two previous colleges that I have attended. The teaching methods are different and most importantly, they give their students the tools to succeed and gain knowledge. I believe that most students that graduate from this private college will find themselves confident and well versed in their field of study.

Victoria

My classmates are creative, logical thinkers who love to participate and be involved especially on campus.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself, most importantly, to take advantage of every opportunity possible. College offers so many different experiences you will only be able to do once. Meet as many people as possible, you will create life long friendships. Try to stay motivated, but also keep a healthy social life otherwise you will get stressed out. If you are ever struggling in class, do not be afraid to ask questions or talk to your professors. They are there to help you. Speaking of professors, create relationships with them. They will help you with building your career, and are always a good place to turn when you need recommmendation letters. Join greek life if at all possible. Greek Life is a fantastic experience; it gives you a home away from home. Being in a fraternity or sorority can help you build leadership skills you will use for a lifetime. Finally, always remember to have fun! College is supposed to be the best years of your life. Do not let any of that time go to waste. Your possiblities are endless.

The location and the food are the two worst things about Baldwin Wallace. The food doesn't have much variation and they do not offer many choices, especially healthy choices. Since it is in Ohio, we have snow about 6-7 months out of the year, and the college doesn't give too many snow days.

Elicia

I would let myself know that there are more options for colleges than the 2-year college and 4-year Universities. Most schools only talk about the bigger schools, but that I should look into going to a Tech school possibly. I would also let myself know that it would be beneficial for me to start college right out of High School so I can get a degree and a good job before the Economy flatlines and millions, including my husband, loses their jobs.

Melissa

Baldwin-Wallace offers a truly quality education, with knowledgable and caring professors and a welcoming and friendly administration; all with the conveniences of the big city, but the comforts of a small town.

Baldwin-Wallace is best known for it's quality of education. It has been recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of the best quality graduate school programs.

I don't know how many time I have actually asked myself that question. I did go to college right after high school and I did finish my Associates degree, but I stoped there. For the next ten years, I spent my time trying to find the right job. I never felt complete. I know I could do better than I was, but I just did not have the guts to go back. But now here I am and I am doing very well in school. If I could go back, knowing what I am capable of doing there would be no stopping me. The opportunities available to college students, like internships, volunteer work, studying abroad, joining groups that share my ideas and thoughts and the doors that will open up for you if you just try are absolutely amazing. Growing up in rural Arkansas, I did not know or understand all the varities of opportunities that were available to me. I was shy and scared. Now, I would give anything to be able to go back and take advantage of all those things.

Shallon

They are respectful towards the teachers and other classmates, participate wholeheartedly in class discussions and give well-thought out answers, and because of their attitudes, it makes others want to participate and get really involved in the class also.

It is important to keep up the hard work that you achieved in high school and to improve. Keep an open mind to all the new experiences that you will encounter and enjoy them. Do not be too shy and make sure to talk to the people around you. They will make the college experience worthwhile. It is the time to get out of your comfort zone and do different activities and think in different ways. It is the time to become the person you want to be in the future, so do not hold back any potential you have or discover at college. Though college is an extremely important time in life and needs to be taken seriously, it cannot be taken too seriously at all times. To continue through college with only seriousness, you will not learn everything. It is important to have some fun and make good memories, ones that you will look back on with a smile.

Even though all the buildings on campus are relatively close, it would be nice to have a transportation system. In the warmer months, a transportation system would not be needed as much, but in the winter, it would be convenient. It gets cold and very snowy where the college is located, so during these months students dread going out too far in the cold and snow. With a transportation system, though, students may be less likely to skip classes and feel better about going to them.

My classmates at Baldwin-Wallace College are from diverse backgrounds with as many different interests as there are people. Overall, I would say that my classmates are friendly and personable. As a majority, they are also hard-working at interested in learning what their professors have to teach them.

Baldwin-Wallace is unique not only because of it's liberal arts foundation, but because of the variety of classes that are actually required by its students. There is a broad range of required classes and disciplines, from health and personal wellness classes to a class unique to BW called Enduring Questions for an Intercultural World. While all liberal arts colleges have a broader spectrum of classes required for graduation, I feel that BW has a more well rounded schedule of classes required that create larger base of knowledge that each student who graduates has.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a college senior, I would have a lot of advice for myself. When I first attended college I went to Allegheny College in Meadville, PA for 2 years before transferring to Baldwin-Wallace College. At Allegheny I was in another state and over 2 hours away from anyone I knew, which as for any college freshman, it presented me with problems. If i could go back in time and give myself advice, I would tell myself to branch out from the beginning of my time at Allegheny to meet new friends and not dwell on my high school life. I think that this would allow me to become more comforable at Allegheny more quickly. I would also warn myself that college is much harder than high school, so studying for a good amount of time for every test and working hard on every single paper is necessary, that not putting in 100% all the time will not pay off in college. Overall, I would tell myself to commit myself to the college decision I made and enjoy the time I had as an undergraduate student.

Melissa

The very first piece of advice I would give myself would be dream big, but take small steps to achieve my goal. Don?t focus solely on the final result, but see everything in between that will get me there. Don?t spend so much time working, use the gift of scholarship I?ve been given to the fullest extent. I would tell myself to decide on a major and stick to it. I would also mention to me that there are great scholarships available outside of what the college informs me of. Keep looking, and eventually I will find some I qualify for. I would remind myself that while it seems like so many students have someone else paying their tuition and expenses, many are like me, struggling to get by while balancing life's events. I would talk to them more; ask what resources they are using to bridge the gap between expenses and ability to pay. Most importantly, I would tell myself to keep giving all I have, do not let other people bring me down.

The incredible support from advisors, the admissions department, financial aid...everyone I have come into contact with has given a fast response to questions. The professors keep me well-informed of happenings for their classes. Faculty is so excited to help with my journey through school. They are with me every step of the way. I have never felt so encouraged to return to school.

People who are driven to succeed should attend B-W. Students who are not afraid to work hard, and those who are looking for an excellent outcome. Students who are looking for a great experience, not just a quick rundown of what is expected of them. Those who will be kept well-informed and can appreciate a caring staff.

Baldwin Wallace University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.