Baldwin Wallace University

« See more reviews of Baldwin Wallace University

BW has a simple, manageable feel to it despite being so close to various businesses, activities, and events. The surrounding community is extremely supportive of anything the college hosts, and is literally intertwined within the campus. The college is relatively small but simultaneously offers students a plethora of opportunities and avenues to pursue in clubs/organizations, study abroad opportunities, classes, and personal choices. Acceptance of others flows freely at BW and everyone can feel completely comfortable being themselves. Academics are taken seriously, but there is a personal touch to the education that could rival many private tutors.

Baldwin-Wallace is unique not only because of it's liberal arts foundation, but because of the variety of classes that are actually required by its students. There is a broad range of required classes and disciplines, from health and personal wellness classes to a class unique to BW called Enduring Questions for an Intercultural World. While all liberal arts colleges have a broader spectrum of classes required for graduation, I feel that BW has a more well rounded schedule of classes required that create larger base of knowledge that each student who graduates has.

When I visited Baldwin-Wallace college I experienced a very community oriented campus. Everyone was extremely open and friendly which surprised me. I did not feel uneasy in beginning a conversation with someone I did not know because no matter what the major of the other student was, you could talk about almost anything! Another thing was when I visited I met the staff/professors who seemed to go out of their way no matter what to show me all about the departments I was interested in for the future.

The class sizes are very small which allows for an excellent learning experience as compared to bigger schools I had considered attending. At Baldwin-Wallace a sense of community is also established and you really feel apart of the college atmosphere. The other aspect of the college is how everyone is very friendly and you usually become very close friends with a few people that I feel I will be friends with for the rest of my life.

The most unique aspect about Baldwin-Wallace College is the small class sizes and the community atmosohere. Also, it is a smaller campus than most colleges and is located in a quite suburb which makes the environment feel safe. Here at Baldwin-Wallace we also have close relationships with our academic advisors making this school feel even more like a family.

This college was exactly what I was looking for. It's small enough not to be just a number to the professors, but it's big enough to get a top quality education. I am able to know my professors on a personal basis which is extremely comforting. The campus itself was so inviting when I first visited it, that I knew immediately this was where I belonged.

It was unique because it was a small college with a small conservatory. The class size and being taught by the actual professors helped a great deal. It was located near a large metropolis, so students received the benefits of a multi-cultural atmosphere in a small campus setting.

BW felt like home. I love the emphasis on the arts without creating a school full of nothing but Conservatory students. There's a great deal of passion and diversity of thought and personality encouraged here that I did not necessarily find other places.

It's a great community, especially if you're looking for that small college atmosphere. Berea is a quaint little town, also. The Conservatory is a great place to be involved in. We recently have a renovation plan that's going to be amazing!

It is a very friendly campus and you are able to meet so many people because it is so small. Everything is accessible including the president of the college. He is very friendly and you see him walking around campus saying hi many times.