Baldwin Wallace University Top Questions

Cori

Dear High School Self, College has been an amazing eye opening experience. You have many friends and are involved in several organizations. The adjustment wasn't that hard, but there are many choices that you will regret. I would suggest for you to branch out. It easy to lock yourslef in your room and watch netflix, but there are so many chances to meet new people and have new experiences. Secondly, buy a pair of ear plugs. The doors do not block out the noise as well as you would like and you will save yourself a lot of stress by investing in a pair of ear plugs. Finally, do what you want and don't let anyone tell you no, but you also need to be resonable. You can't do everything your abition tells you to do, but make sure that you always keep your dreams in mind. Always be you and you will be successful! Sincerely, Your Future College Self

Haleigh

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to try harder in class to get the best grades possible. I would also tell myself to not get behind in the college application process, and to apply for every scholarship possible.

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say to take my studies more seriously. I have fallen into a hole that I am trying to get myself out of becaus ein high school I did not take things all that seriously and was used to getting good grades without having to work hard. College is harder than I expected and I wish I had used high school to develop the study skills I needed to succeed my first year in college. I would also advise myself to put my studies first instead of partying. You have four years to get it out of your system, not just your Freshman year. Instead work hard so you can stay in school.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing everything I know about college life and making the transition, I would tell my senior self to never just settle for passing. I would give advise on how high school doesn't always prepare you for what college brings and how it is a lot more work than people think it is. I would tell my senior self that actually giving effort to all of the homework and test will help later on. Some other tips to my senior self would be not to be lazy with assignments because the laziness follows into freshman year of college. To get rid of the laziness in senior year of high school will help out when becoming a freshman in college because the worrying and hassel of trying to get rid of it would be already taken care of.

Attending college is a fascinating experience, but I wish I would have known more about the college experience. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to learn everything there is to know about college. I could have learned so much more about college. My high school held a meeting about financial aid, but I did not attend it. I would not have so many questions if I had gone. Also, during my college orientation, there were many meetings I did not attend because I did not want to drive the 45 minutes to the college. However, I would have learned more about the college experience, so I would not feel so unprepared when I entered college. I also should have attended the involvement fair because I would have seen how I could have been involved on campus. Since I did not attend it, I did not know how to get involved, so I missed many opportunities to have a more exciting year at school.If I had told myself to learn everything about college and attend any informational meetings that arose, I would have had a more exciting year without so many questions.

Honestly I would tell myself to enjoy every single moment as much as possible because it truly goes by so fast. If I could I would try to document every day with a journal or a scrapbook as well. I would tell myself not to worry so much and realize that everything will work out the way it is supposed to work out.

I would tell myself to take really good care of my health, try to use every opportunity to use work study, learn how to drive and get an internship. Take advantage of the internship opportunities and make friends with the people who you wanted to get to know better, DO NOT take research classes with a certain professor, follow your gut because most of the time you were right.

Slow down! Take that year off that you were considering. Spend that time working, making money, and saving for school. You know it's a good idea but you are afraid that life is going too fast for you to take a break. You can stop and catch your breath. I know you are worried about "getting rusty" when it comes time to return to school, but if you keep reading and challenging yourself, school will be easy. You are also worried about quiting school because you might not come back. If you make plans to start school up again after exactly one year, you will hold yourself to it because we both know how important education is to us. Don't be afraid to follow your gut. You chose the right college, don't feel pressured to enroll at the wrong time.

The advice I would give myself would be to wake up and realize that the moment I had been waiting for all my life is finally here and it's going to take a lot more than "just getting by" to succeed. I would tell myself to stop thinking that adverage grade are acceptable, because in college adverage is failing. I would tell myself that although I'm so anxious to get away from my parents I should still call them every night because they are the only people I can depend on. I would tell myself I'm not as mature as I think I am. Most of all I would reassure myself that although my life will be crazy at first everything WILL be okay.

Luke

Choosing a roommate can be one of the most important decisions you make regarding your happiness and success at school. The relationship can be similar to a marriage at times, so choose wisely. Always remember that the purpose of college is to gain an education, so expect some sleepless nights and sacrifice. Make sure to take all your classes seriously. Exceed the expectations of the professor on every project and assignment you complete, and your grade will often exceed your expectations. Always squeeze in exercise during the day if possible; you won't regret it once you are finished. Eat healthy and do not be the first to put on that freshman fifteen. Finish work right when it is given out, and there will always be time for some fun. Keep your loved ones in the loop about what is going on in your life; they love to hear about you. Take every opportunity to meet new people, and get involved with something that is worthy of your abilities and passion. Step out of your comfort zone to join an organization or activity you would not normally do. Never stop working toward the person who you envision yourself becoming.

jessica

The hardest part about the transition to college was leaving my family. I would have taken more time in high school preparing myself to be living on my own, and maybe gone away to some type of camps or something where I would have been able to stay away from my house for an extended period of time. When I left for college, it was truly the first time I had been away from home or my family for a long time and it was very hard to deal with because of how close my family is.

I would tell myself to not be so scared about rejection from other people. College is not scary and is only as good as you make it. Take advantage of campus-wide activities. Speak up in class. Introduce yourself to your classmates. Do not be scared or stay in your room all day. College is so much easier when you have friends to support you. It is so crucial to make friends in order to handle the stress of school work. Please step out and go beyond your comfort zone. Also, try very hard not to procrastinate. Make a study plan and stick with it, you'll thank me later.

My college experience has been great thus far and makes me thirsty for more. I want to be as knowledgable as possible and to succeed in my career field. I know that through attending college I can achieve each and every one of my very important life-long goals.

Madeline

College has helped me to become a more mature, and well rounded person. Keeping up with homework and tests helped me to truly know responsibilty. Best of all without my college education I wouldn't be able to pursue what I really love. College helped me to fuel my passion for music while preparing me for my future.

I have received a BA in English and an MLIS for Librarianship for Children. Everything I have learned up to this point has prepared me for the world I am facing career-wise. Everything I have learned from my educational experience has positively affected my outlook on the world and how I choose to pursue my goals. I will also have a reliable means to sustain my children with. My education is valuable because it is the key to all of my dreams. The more I learn, the bigger my dream world becomes and the more I know I am able to achieve anything I want.

Although I am only a sophomore at the moment, I have gotten so much out of my college experience that I did not expect. I have learned how to be a professional both inside and out of the classroom. I have also gotten the chance to figure out social aspects that will be useful in the future. I have also had the opportunity to learn things as simple of trust, responsibility, and how to have fun doing the most simple things.

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. First and foremost I got an amazing education with small classes and professors that actually care to teach you and to make sure you are understanding. Secondly, I left college with an amazing group of friends which I would almost consider family. Living on your own, you have to find a group that fits you, and once you do its a new family and its comforting. I am comfortable in my own skin and my education at BW has allowed me to be accepted into The University of Findlay for Occupational Therapy Masters Program which I will begin this summer. BW was a great school and I would not have changed anything about it because I would not be who I am today.

As a sophomore I have been able to experience many aspects of college life. It has allowed me to find out about myself and the kind of person I really am. I found out what it is like to study, clean, feed myself, and work to pay my bills. Coming to college was a big step, but it allowed me to grow up and discover who I am.

Lydia

As of right now, I think one of the most improtant things I have gotten out of my time at BW is a better understanding of who I am as a person and how I fit in to the world. When I came I had never lived away from home, hadn't really needed to worry about myself. Now I am six hours from home and have to do things without the consent of my parents. This really teaches alot about the kind of person you are. It gives you a chance to expore and try new things. I am learning how I react under certian cercimstances or oppertunities. I have started pushing myself further and chanllenging myself. I think that going to college will help me to become a person who not only has learned to get along with other poeple, had a great education, but be more comfortable in y own skin.

So far out of my college experience I have learned about myself. I have discovered that I am an accepting individual that is open to new learning experiences and making new friends. Attending college has allowed me to come out of my introverted personality and become involved. However, the most important thing that I have gotten out of my college experience is my education. Going to college is extremely expensive, especially in todays economy. The cost for classes, books, and fees adds up quickly and looks extremely intimidating. By attending Baldwin-Wallace I understand the cost, but to me the education I have received thus far and the education I will continue to receive outweighs the cost completely. I feel as if the quality of my education is priceless because it means so much to me and what my future will become.

coral

What I have gotten out of my college experience is that college is something for every person, regardless of age or gender. In my nursing class, there is such a wide range of ages as well as a mix of males and females. We are all supportive of each other and are in a positive learning environment supported not only by our instructors, but by each other. I think the main thing that I have learned is that it is never too late to go back to school or start school. Education really is for everyone, not just the young!

Bill

Baldwin-Wallace College not only gave me an incredible education, but that is where I met my wife and some of my closest friends. The oppennes of BW allowed me to feel free to switch my major and career path and now I am in graduate school working towards the career goals I know I want and are meant for me. If I was in a undergraduate school where I did not feel I could be myself, I may have stayed on a path that wasn't meant for me. BW offers a close knit community between students, faculty, staff and administration and I value everything I learned over those 4 years.

College has been so valuable to me due to the rapid personal growth I have experienced. Being introduced to a variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds has really shaped me into a more accepting and empathetic individual. Although I have only been in college one year so far, I have gained insight into others' perspectives in ways I never dreamed imaginable. This has allowed me to see situations from different angles that I would not have previous to college. Along with my academically challenging courses, I truly feel that college will prepare me for personal and professional success that I otherwise would not have achieved. I believe that I will keep changing throughout the rest of my college years and become the person I want to be: a contributing, compassionate citizen of an increasingly global society. The value of this is not quantifiable; it is a worth that can only be determined from within a person. Within me, becoming a better person is very worthwhile.

I have learned so much about myself here at Baldwin Wallace College. I have had two roommates that I did not know before rooming with them, both of which were African Americans. I come from a town where this minority is not really represented. I have not only learned about another race, but I made friends with these two young men and cherish the opportunity to broaden my horizons and know people that are not the same as I am. I have had a great athletic career playing defensive end for the football team, and I look forward to a great senior season. I met my girlfriend here who I plan on being with for a long time. I have met a great brotherhood of friends who I know will be at my wedding and be lifelong friends. The classes I have taken here at BWC have fully prepared me for a career in accounting, and I know I will be ahead of the game when I enter the workforce. Choosing Baldwin Wallace College was the best decision I have ever made.

Dawn

College has been great so far because of all the information I am learning. I have taken two English Composition courses, and Medical Terminology. I used to think I knew something about english, now I do. I had spent much time as a child at various clinics and hospitals. I am very literate when it comes to talking to medical professionals. Now, I understand their lingo much better. I have learned that many people are in college, no matter what age. I thought I might be old to be in school. I found out there are many people older than I am, attending my school. I have gathered so much support from fellow classmates. Everyone seems to encourage all of the students, and that makes it much easier to be disciplined. I have been very sick for the past couple of years, so I opted to go to college completely online. It is easy for me to attend, does not cost me any vehicle expenses, and I am able to be in the comfort of my home, with my family. I very much look forward to graduating with an Associate's Degree next spring. Dawn Wilson

My college experience has been valuable to me in several ways. When I first started college I would say my most valuable part of it was the friends made and parties attended. It wasn?t until I took a year off, and came back that I started appreciating the full value of it; all my business courses seemed much more applicable to my real life scenarios. I think majors in college are a valuable part because being able to study what you like is enjoyable and not boring like general education. However, upon return I didn?t mind taking general education because I knew finishing college was going to open so many new doors for me. Another part of college that I found so valuable was some of my college professors. One professor actually helped me even when I wasn?t in his class, and after I had dropped out. It was actually his influence that inspired me to go back to school.

"Embrace life." The two words I wish I had, not only the opportunity, but also the wisdom to share with my pre-college self. As a developing vocalist, I wanted nothing more than to attend a top music conservatory to perfect my craft. Spending dozens of hours each week in private lessons, choirs, ensembles, rehearsals and performances, I'd thought I had done more than enough preparatory work. Unfortunately not gaining acceptances, I've had to rework my careful plans, always keeping my future goal in mind. Choosing to embrace the situation rather than wallow in it, I decided to attend a college with a renown conservatory attached; Baldwin-Wallace College. Taking charge of my own future, I set out and made the necessary contacts, took the proper courses, and worked harder than I ever had before. Within two months I had been accepted into the Conservatory's Vocal Performance program and have since risen to the top of my class. I'm grateful that I chose such a personal school where I am a unique individual and have the opportunity to reap the benefits of my hard work, and perhaps even more so, have the chance to embrace life!

Constantine

My college experience was beneficial because it gave me a well-rounded education while still emphasizing my major field of study. The professors in my field were graduates of some of the top graduate schools in the country, and in many cases, were professionals in the very field that we students were hoping to compete. We were also required to study a wide variety of subjects such as the hunanities, psychology, mathematics, and sciences which helped gave me a head start in finding employment. The camaraderie the students shared was invaluable to learn new ideas and branch out as mature graduates. I would hope that every freshman would be able to enjoy the same diverse yet focused education that I received with fond memories of growing as a person as well as a professional.

Briana

The transition is the most stressful part. Don't view all the different papers you have to file as one big task; it will greatly overwhelm you and you?ll fear approaching it. And waiting only makes matters worse. Give yourself more time than you think necessary to do things. Work on many tasks in little increments, less than what you?d think effective. Working like this, you're not overwhelmed and you still accomplish enough given your extra time. This also works with studying; it does for me now that I?ve settled into college. Don?t view leaving home as intimidating and it won?t be as strange. View ?early? as ?on schedule? in preparing for college and in college. You will make much better use of your time. Remind your parents not to overstress about you; you?ve got things handled and none of you needs their anxiety. It?s okay to make a few visits home or ask for advice or favors, but not excessively. You?ll only become more homesick when you have to leave again each time. It?s time to control your life and the first step is right out your front door.

Hilary

As I stand before you today, you may be thinking of what you and your friends are doing after the last bell of the day rings. You may be greatful this period was cut short and your history quiz was postponed until tomorrow. You may be asking yourself, "What is this girl doing and what can she possibly say that would affect me? I already know what I am doing after highschool."............ ............Leaving high school as an all-knowing senior and entering a college as a freshman, not sure which direction to turn, can give anyone a feeling of definate uneasiness. The one thing I wish for everyone to realize is each moment of each day is here for that moment in time and will never return. Take advantage of everything that is offered to you , for you never know when you may be able to reach into that file of information and knowlege and benefit . If you can take every opportunity in life and make something positive come from it, the event was worthwhile, no matter how awful it may seem. If you learned from your mistakes, then all was not in vain. Grap life. Hold on. Move forward!

Jaclyn

Okay Jackie, by now you are probably tired from applying to colleges, going to class for seven hours-five days out of the week, and preparing for prom while also worrying about how you are going to fit in at college and if you are going to still be the same strong academic student you are now. You stress yourself out worrying about your major, if you will find new friends, hoping you won't make any mistakes...the list goes on. The advice I can give you is...College is an experience; not like high school and not like how your adult life is going to be. College is your chance to learn more about who you are, who you want to be, and what you care about. Its not going to be the same as high school, you'll have to make new friends, but its not like the "real world" you don't have to have all the answers. Just be yourself!! Stick to your values(faith, academics, etc.) but also be willing to grow and find new things that you enjoy by having new experiences. And if you make mistakes, learn and keep going. Good Luck!

Caleb

If I could go back in time, there's some things I would change and some that I would not. Having started a degree program in Music and not completed it I would have done a better job at researching the specific school and degree program I was getting myself into. I think that would have changed my mind a little bit. I still have no regrets at going and trying this program because it made me a better person, and helped shape my life and who I am. Every experience in life shapes you to who you are. And I'm thankful for that.

At this time in your life, you are getting a ton of information thrown at you. The most important thing you can do is simply listen. Truly spend your time listening to the advice of those around you, it is all valuable in its own way, and although you may not see how at this point in your academic career, I promise you it will come into play later. This may seem like a trivial task to pursue, but I assure you that one thing I have learned in college about both academics and life, is that you can be presented with the same truths, but you may not fully understand them until it is said to you in a certain way. You can be taught a lesson one way and not understand its value until you find someone who can present it in a different manner. Sometimes, you simply need to hear it in a different way. Thats why I would advise you that when you come to a roadblock in life as we all inevitably do, pursue the answer with an open mind, ear, and heart. These are the factors that will always lead you to the solution.

teresa

Knowing what I know today, I would have stay in the program and finished going to college because my major then was Business and I would have been at the job alot long. But I decided to change and go into the teaching field because I have children and the scheduling worked well for me at that time. I enjoy what I am doing now which is teaching at a very good center and working in the preschool program. I have been here for 8 years and doing that time I have raised 3 children and 4 grandchildren, so it is now time for me to go back to school to help continued my education in this field and hoping to retire in the near future. I have seem children come and go and then watch their sibling come to my class, so when I see my students from when I started, it make me feel very good that I stay in this field as a teacher. I have enjoyed every day that I have been here and when the time for me to leave it will be a sad day for me, I plan on still working part-time .

Barbara

The one advice I would give myself would be to "don't hold back, you only live once". I chose a school that was small, close to home, and more specifically a comfort zone. I wished I had the backbone to take the chance and go somewhere that would force me out of my shell. For most students, one of the qualities for choosing a college would be comfort. However, during my years at college I have realized, "How does one truly reach their full potential, if they only stay within their shell?" College isn't only a place where one gains education, but it is also a place for personal growth. These are the years where you will not only learn about economics and science, but also learn about yourself. An opportunity to gain self-actualization, and knowing your place in this world. If you don't like it, you're in the best environment to change it. That to me, is one of the best education a person can have.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself, most importantly, to take advantage of every opportunity possible. College offers so many different experiences you will only be able to do once. Meet as many people as possible, you will create life long friendships. Try to stay motivated, but also keep a healthy social life otherwise you will get stressed out. If you are ever struggling in class, do not be afraid to ask questions or talk to your professors. They are there to help you. Speaking of professors, create relationships with them. They will help you with building your career, and are always a good place to turn when you need recommmendation letters. Join greek life if at all possible. Greek Life is a fantastic experience; it gives you a home away from home. Being in a fraternity or sorority can help you build leadership skills you will use for a lifetime. Finally, always remember to have fun! College is supposed to be the best years of your life. Do not let any of that time go to waste. Your possiblities are endless.

Elicia

I would let myself know that there are more options for colleges than the 2-year college and 4-year Universities. Most schools only talk about the bigger schools, but that I should look into going to a Tech school possibly. I would also let myself know that it would be beneficial for me to start college right out of High School so I can get a degree and a good job before the Economy flatlines and millions, including my husband, loses their jobs.

I don't know how many time I have actually asked myself that question. I did go to college right after high school and I did finish my Associates degree, but I stoped there. For the next ten years, I spent my time trying to find the right job. I never felt complete. I know I could do better than I was, but I just did not have the guts to go back. But now here I am and I am doing very well in school. If I could go back, knowing what I am capable of doing there would be no stopping me. The opportunities available to college students, like internships, volunteer work, studying abroad, joining groups that share my ideas and thoughts and the doors that will open up for you if you just try are absolutely amazing. Growing up in rural Arkansas, I did not know or understand all the varities of opportunities that were available to me. I was shy and scared. Now, I would give anything to be able to go back and take advantage of all those things.

Shallon

It is important to keep up the hard work that you achieved in high school and to improve. Keep an open mind to all the new experiences that you will encounter and enjoy them. Do not be too shy and make sure to talk to the people around you. They will make the college experience worthwhile. It is the time to get out of your comfort zone and do different activities and think in different ways. It is the time to become the person you want to be in the future, so do not hold back any potential you have or discover at college. Though college is an extremely important time in life and needs to be taken seriously, it cannot be taken too seriously at all times. To continue through college with only seriousness, you will not learn everything. It is important to have some fun and make good memories, ones that you will look back on with a smile.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a college senior, I would have a lot of advice for myself. When I first attended college I went to Allegheny College in Meadville, PA for 2 years before transferring to Baldwin-Wallace College. At Allegheny I was in another state and over 2 hours away from anyone I knew, which as for any college freshman, it presented me with problems. If i could go back in time and give myself advice, I would tell myself to branch out from the beginning of my time at Allegheny to meet new friends and not dwell on my high school life. I think that this would allow me to become more comforable at Allegheny more quickly. I would also warn myself that college is much harder than high school, so studying for a good amount of time for every test and working hard on every single paper is necessary, that not putting in 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} all the time will not pay off in college. Overall, I would tell myself to commit myself to the college decision I made and enjoy the time I had as an undergraduate student.

The very first piece of advice I would give myself would be dream big, but take small steps to achieve my goal. Don?t focus solely on the final result, but see everything in between that will get me there. Don?t spend so much time working, use the gift of scholarship I?ve been given to the fullest extent. I would tell myself to decide on a major and stick to it. I would also mention to me that there are great scholarships available outside of what the college informs me of. Keep looking, and eventually I will find some I qualify for. I would remind myself that while it seems like so many students have someone else paying their tuition and expenses, many are like me, struggling to get by while balancing life's events. I would talk to them more; ask what resources they are using to bridge the gap between expenses and ability to pay. Most importantly, I would tell myself to keep giving all I have, do not let other people bring me down.

Helen

The biggest misconception I had as a high school senior was that I was actually going to wear my high heels at college. If I could go back, I would tell myself to leave my high heels at home. I would also tell myself not to stress out as much. I would give myself the mantra that it's only the first semester and there are four years to get things right. During my first semester at college, my biggest regret was worrying so much about having the perfect schedule and being in the right major and ifmy academic advisor was actually going to be helpful. I wish I could go back and tell myself to take things in strides.

I would tell myself not to be so scared of what others think about me. I would advise myself to get out there and make as many new friends as possible and remind myself that all the students on campus all have to make new friends. I would tell myself that I am not alone; just get out there and be confident. I'd tell myself not to worry or be fearful of things you've never experienced, but be confident that it is not the end of the world if someone does not like me. I would advise myself not to stay shut in my dorm room when something exciting is happening on campus. I would also encourage myself to not procrastinate and get papers done early. Also, I'd tell myself to not to be distracted from my studies; keep my priorities straight. I would tell myself to have fun but also stay focused.

I would have not gone to a Community College first. It turns out that for a Math major it is not good to go to a community college because of all of the prerequisites.

My advice would be to understand that not all people learn in the same way. Learn how to reflect on whqt is really important. it is not your grade point average. You don not become your GPA. What is important is how you evolve as a human person. There is no grade for being compassionate. There is no grade for being honet and ethical. However, there are consequences. And there is no escaping this truth.

Alisha

Pick the school that best describes who you are and what you love. Have a good balance of work and social life, try to not let your academic life take over your friends and family. Try to make the most of college life, it goes by extremely fast. Be sure to become involved with the community as much as possible. Create bonds with your professors, they are experts within their field and you could learn a thing or two. Planning is key, look over what classes you need in the beginning with you advisor, so you don't end up regretting last minute decisions. Once you've decided on your major, change your advisor immediantely to someone that knows what you need in order for you to graduate on time. Furthermore, management is a definite must; manage your money to the last cent, you don't want to end up broke half-way through the semester. In addition, understand your "needs" and "wants" don't combine the two, or else you will be eatting Ramen noddles for the rest of the term. Have fun; this isn't a punishment; you'll find that college is a grand opportunity to experience.

I would give myself the advice to definitly choose Baldwin-Wallace, but not to be discouraged when it's too easy. To stay focused and dedicated. This is my future I'm making, not just fun. BW is great, the community is welcoming. I would advise myself to get involved more, and sooner.

Take advantage of every available resource. Don't be afraid to get out there and be yourself; compared to high school most people you attend college with won't know you prior so you can freely express your true self. Get involved on campus. Going to college doesn't mean you won't have time for or will have to stop participating in activies you adore just because they don't fit into your major. Most majors allow for flexibility in your pursuits so don't be afraid. Try something new.

Jackie

I would suggest that the students makes their decision based on their own needs, and no one elses. I know when I was choosing schools, I chose mine based on location because I had a boyfriend from home, and my parents still lived in the area. I love the college I chose, but I always wonder what it would be like if I would have decided to go farther. The best advice I can give to parents is to push their children enough to make a decision, but don't push too hard.

Andi

Don't limit yourself to state schools because you're on a budget. Many private schools and out of state schools will give lots of scholarships and financial aid that could make their school cheaper than a state school. Go where you'll be happy so that you can make the most out of the college experience. Living on campus has so many benefits. Grades are higher because of the focused environment and study buddies being close. It is easier to make friends, and it just plain enhances the college experience. Get involved on campus. Join groups related to your major for networking and to learn outside the classroom, but also join groups related to your hobbies.