Muncie, IN
Ball State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ball State University

MaryLynn

you will konw it when you see it! I didn't believe that but when I got to see Ball State, I just knew that it was the shcool for me. I couldn't imagine going any where else I love it so much, everything about it is home to me. Now when I tell people I am "going home" I mean that I am going back to school because it has become my home. You want to find something that is home to you, and don't give up if you don't find it right away, it's out there!

Nothing is that bad about my school, I really do love it! The only thing would have to be money, and feeling like I am good now, but knowing how much I will owe when I am done!

Well money, I have to say it's stressfull, cause I don't know where i am going to be and how much I am going to owe when I am done.

James

The total amount of students is the perfect balance of not being too big or too small. The campus has undergone some very nice renovations and additions in the past few years making it a very pretty place to be. The quality of education is among the best in the state.

The water drainage system is not very great causing some standing puddles in parking lots and around campus after raining. The weather in Muncie is not very great as well during the winter and late fall. Some of the roads outside of campus are old and need repaved.

I would advise any prospective college student to do their research early and visit all the schools in which they apply. Also talk with some of the current students to get their point of view on the quality of campus life and the experience in the classroom. Get to know the surrounding city as well so you have a good idea of what is around.

Ryan

Visit as many schools as you can. You can not make a very good decision if you have only visited one or two. Also, look for a school that is recognozed for being an all around good school in many areas, because more than likely your major is going to change. Ask current students what they think of the school because that is what you might think of the school if you go there. Learn as much as you can about the schools that you are interested in and narrow your decision down to two or three of the schools that you like most. From there, go and visit those two or three schools again. When i did this, my opinions changed on the schools i was looking at drastically. The school I did not like as much at first was the school that I thought I would fit in the best at when I was ready to choose schools. I asked the students what they thought about each school I visited and that helped a lot. This coould be one of the bigger decisions in a persons life, so you want to choose the right one.

The greek life is not very good here, and I wish it were better.

They are ranked 8th in the country for their entreprenuershp program.

The campus feels more like home than any of the other campuses.

The campus feels more like home than any of the other campuses.

A student that would like a quality education but also able to make new friends.

The advice that I would give to parents and/or students is this: Visit the campus and if it feels right then it is probably the right college for you. I was sure that I was going to attend a college other than this one but when I visited that campus something just didnt feel right. On the other hand, when I visited the college that I attend now, I felt something that said to me "This is where I belong." Advice that I can give for students on making the most of their college experience is to be involved in organizations. However, do not join so many organizations that you do not have time for school work. Also we all came from different backgrounds, therefore, we are all likely to have differing opinions so stick with you yours and respect others.

Bonnie

Being a "Teaching" university. Many students come here because they want to teach, that's what Ball State is known for. That and alcohol.

Try to look for a college/university that fits the kind of school you're looking for. Class size, campus size, and the surrounding area can make all of a difference. Go and observe schools around you to get an idea of what you might want out of a school. Make sure you know what you're getting into. Once you're at school, don't forget to have fun. Work hard and be involved.

Living on campus and eating the same foods over and over again because it's convenient to stay near your dorm and get food. Try all of the available dinning locations on campus or you'll get burnt out and quick.

Mariko

Ball State is a lot of fun, but a lot of work.

Ball State is a lot of fun, but a lot of work.

Students who can balance a healthy social life and school should attend Ball State

Do not choose a college simply based on your financial situation. Choose the college you will feel the most comfortable at. Visit the college, and make sure it can offer everything you need academically.

Eliza

Diverse in many ways, but many students are very disinterested and don't put forth much effort towards their schoolwork. The academic atmosphere is pretty poor outside of the Honors College. Some students will be friendly, but many will be from the frats or sororities and will be stuck-up.

The best advice I have is that you need to find the school that can provide you with the best education possible while also offering the kind of services that you will need during your time there. If you are in a research-oriented major, make sure your school has a great library. If you are in an artistic major, look for schools that have adequate studios, theaters, or other facilities. But I would suggest that while you look for schools that provide what you want, you should also consider schools that would be putting you out of your comfort zone or require you to learn to adapt to a situation. I think this is one of the most important things to take from the college experience. You need to learn to open up to new experiences and people in order to be prepared for life after college. Also, you should take your acadedmics seriously, but not so seriously that you forget to enjoy the ride. Don't stress over it all so much that you miss out on friends and fun. Like they say, 'All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy'.

The friends that I've made. How our campus is not too big, but not too small.

Markita

I brag the most about the atmosphere of the school. It is very warm and welcoming, and it really reminds you of the comfort of being at home. The first thing you get to know is the Muncie area where the campus sits in the midst with all its beauty. Everyone is helpful to one another and very kind. It was not hard for me to get to know people or receive help from staff and other students. I would say that is the thing I love about Ball State; it provides an excellent environment to be in.

The only thing that I can say is the worst thing, which I believe is the same at all colleges/universities is the fact that the increasing costs of the university causes a constant struggle for students to attend including myself. Of course, the administration does all that it can to assist in these issues, but it can still become a strain for the finances being in the economy that we are living with right now. It is something that I think most college students have a problem with.

The best advice that I can give is explore as many universities as you can to see what fits the student the best. It is always good to go on college visits and/or stays to get a feel of what a school will be like. I think it is very important to do research on every school to find out what the school is about and what it can offer you. Never be ashamed to ask as many questions as you can to get an understanding of the school. The way to make the most out of a college experience is to throw out other people's impressions of what their experience was like and discover your own through your own journey. Remember that no two people will have the same experience. The way to make the best out of the college experience is to take full advantage of everything that is being offered there. That way when you leave college, you will look back and be able to say you enjoyed it as opposed to thinking of it as being held captive only to do academics and nothing else. There is a fuller experience awaiting than solely academically.

Alexandra

Decide on a major before you go to college, even if it means taking a year off after high school. Getting out there in the workforce might help you decide what you want to do - whether it be for solely money or pleasure, it's important to find what you want to do before you go to college. Otherwise, if you have infinite amount of money then going to college and deciding from there is alright too. One of the most important ways to decide what you want to do with your life is to make something of it. Get out there in the community, volunteer, talk to professionals in different fields. While the world is changing and getting a college degree is important for getting a job, finding out what you want out of life is even more important.

Reputation pales in comparison to two other colleges in the state.

Kyle

My classmates are usually friendly and helpful.

My classmates are usually friendly and helpful.

Look locally, since a college is way more expensive out of state. A college degree from any school means more money in the long run, so why spend more? Also, make sure the school has more than one program you think you would be interested in. Many friends have changed their majors because they found out that what they thought they wanted to do and what they were actually doing where not much the same.

The best thing about Ball State University is the teaching staff, because they have always been nice and if you have had any sort of problem with the class they will always help you.

Ball State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.