Muncie, IN
Ball State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ball State University

Miranda

Ball State provides an excellent education and prepares you well for your the future of your choice.

Balls State's known for its architecture, journalism, telecommunications and teachings programs.

It is important to know your current direction when picking a college. Pick a college that has several good programs that you could be interested in, or pick a college that has a wide variety of programs so you can explore your different options. Really get involved, whether it's in a school-supported program or just a group of people meeting up, it's important to get involved in the community to make friendships and connections. Your own motivation is key. Find a major you enjoy and really make the most of it!

Jubal

First lets address the parents about finding the right college. Let's set this up in an easier and more appealing fashion. Questions to ask yourself about finding the right college for your son/daughter. 1. What does my little child want to study in college? - If your child doesn't know, go with a bigger school that has plenty of options. 2. What colleges/universities are available in the state that I live in? - Going to school that is away from home but still close can be good for those holiday visits. This is the part where you and your soon to be educated child go to the campus. 3. What kind of resources can be used to pay for my son/daughters education? Now to wrap it up for the student-to be. You've got four long years (give or take) ahead of you, so take advantage of this opportunity to live and learn. Being involved in school can be fun, but so can late night parties. Try to manage your school load with your social life and you'll be more confident in your abilities and happier in the long run.

Go to a school first based on what you want to major in, then on how big of a school you would like to attend, then on how much you actually like the campus.

DeAnna

Ball State has the perfect ballance between accademics and social opertunities.

Ball State has the perfect ballance between accademics and social opertunities.

Ball Sate staff really works to help you. They really seem to care about what you need, and every thing is very organized.

I would have to say, in order to find a college thats right for you, visit as many as possible to get the feel of each one. Take the tours that are offered and find out what courses and majors are offered.

Steven

There are two kinds, ones who take their work seriously and those that don't.

There are two kinds, ones who take their work seriously and those that don't.

Choose a place where you feel you fit in the best. There is know greater feeling than waking up every morning, getting ready for class and having a feeling that you belong. This is a feeling that I have every day here at Ball State. A student looking for a college has to take this into factor or their college experience won't be all that it can be. Being at a college I love is just more incentive to study and do well in classes. When I started classes here I knew it was going to be a challenge but I also knew that if I tried hard and gave it my all it would make me a better person.

The worst thing about my school is I don't believe they get information about social events out to everyone as best they could. Most of the time they do ok but occasionaly I will hear of an even I missed because I didn't know it was going on.

Susan

To students - Do include others' experiences and advice in making your decision, but remember that ultimately, YOU are the one who will be spending time at the school for the next 4+ years. Try to find a student at the school and spend some time visiting the school outside of tours and campus-sponsered programs. To get the real "pulse" of the school, visit during the week and during the middle of the semester. Visit several different schools. Don't just stick to one type of school - visit technical schools, community colleges, 4-year universities, private schools, public schools, big and small schools - keep your options open! And be honest with yourself - college may not be the right choice for you right out of high school. It's better to be honest right off the bat and avoid wasting time and money on unneeded semesters. Basically, the biggest part of searching for a school is to keep an open mind - you'll be spending a lot of time at this place, so you want to make sure you pick the best place for YOU. To parents - show support and interest, but avoid hovering. Helicopter parents hinder a student's growth.

Sometimes, it feels as though the president runs the school strictly as a business and forgets that the school is focused on its current students. She has run a large number of campaigns to bring in money, which is great, but it seems like she is forgetting the current issues to focus on developing the school for the future.

Someone who wants a school with a huge amount of school spirit should avoid this school. People looking for a "big-city" experience should avoid this area as well.

Hayley

Ball State University is home to all kinds people no matter gender, sexuality, race, religion, or anything else.

I consider the lack of seriousness to be the worst thing about Ball State. I hear jokes from professors and students about the bad reputation Ball State has, and I can't believe they don't take it more seriously. I believe in order to change the school's reputation the professors and students should get serious and tell everyone the good about the school, not the bad.

When I started looking at colleges the one piece of advice I kept in mind I heard from my sister. She told me to pick the school I WANTED and not the school my family or friends wanted. I think it is very important for the student to like and enjoy the school more than anything. Also, the school must have programs with good job placement percentages and backgrounds. DO some background reading on your school not just what the school tells you about itself. Ask students that attend the school, and talk to students in the program you are looking at. Make sure there are other options there you would want, because chances are you will change your major at least four times. GOOD LUCK and don't stress out.

MaryLynn

you will konw it when you see it! I didn't believe that but when I got to see Ball State, I just knew that it was the shcool for me. I couldn't imagine going any where else I love it so much, everything about it is home to me. Now when I tell people I am "going home" I mean that I am going back to school because it has become my home. You want to find something that is home to you, and don't give up if you don't find it right away, it's out there!

Nothing is that bad about my school, I really do love it! The only thing would have to be money, and feeling like I am good now, but knowing how much I will owe when I am done!

Well money, I have to say it's stressfull, cause I don't know where i am going to be and how much I am going to owe when I am done.

James

The total amount of students is the perfect balance of not being too big or too small. The campus has undergone some very nice renovations and additions in the past few years making it a very pretty place to be. The quality of education is among the best in the state.

The water drainage system is not very great causing some standing puddles in parking lots and around campus after raining. The weather in Muncie is not very great as well during the winter and late fall. Some of the roads outside of campus are old and need repaved.

I would advise any prospective college student to do their research early and visit all the schools in which they apply. Also talk with some of the current students to get their point of view on the quality of campus life and the experience in the classroom. Get to know the surrounding city as well so you have a good idea of what is around.

Ball State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.