Muncie, IN
Ball State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ball State University

Shauna

My advice to students is to shop around for a college. Go with your gut! Go on campus visits and dont let anyone hold you back. Many college students let their friends (and especially high school sweet hearts) determine where they go to school for college. Do NOT do this. Head off to what best fits you individually because you will be a much happier person. Once you are at college, dont huddle up in your dorm room all by yourself. I came to Ball State knowing absolutley no one. I was no longer the big fish in the pond. I was now the little fish in the ocean. I was nervous but I took advantage of Ball States freshmen connections (a way of getting us to make friends). I have made life long friends and found two majors and a minor that I look forward to doing my homework for because i love them so much. Dont be a hermit, college is a time to find who you truly are inside. Become the adult you want to be in college and dont let anyone hold you back. College is the place to make your dream happen. Go fot it!

The diversity. Because there are tons of organizations that expose people to other cultures. I believe this brings people closer together and makes students and faculty become more open minded and respect each other more. Diversity is going to exist in our future careers as well so it is important that we learn how to respect all types of populations now so we can in our future career too. Plus, this makes us a happier society anyways. :)

I brag about how it is a bigger school with small classroom atmosphere, so we get 1 on 1 attention more than other schools. I also brag about the opportunity here at Ball State. They are very open to new ideas for clubs and organizations.

Erin

My classmates are very inspired and smart individuals. They work hard and accoplish great work together. I enjoy working with most of the students in my classes and we all have common goals and objectives.

My school is a perfect size for personal interaction. I wanted a bigger school yet small enough where I would not be lost in the numbers. This school was also close to my home town, therefore trips home could be as often as I wanted.

As senior at Ball State University, I would advice parents and students to research any and all colleges that would meet both parents' and students' needs. Students must take time to critically think about what they want to do with their lives and decide early in the decision process. One should not choose a college just because they are forced to, thought and considerations should make a difference in the selection. I personally wish I had considered my true passions in life before deciding my major. I did not have the choice to change my major throughout the years. Time and money are, and still are, major factors in my decisions. Taking the time as a junior or senior in high school to decide where I wanted to be in 10 years would have saved me a lot of wasted time. I feel that parents and educators should be the ones to inform the students of what is expected and required. Providing students with resources and information to succeed can be beneficial and rewarding. Parents should encourage their children to start early research to give them plenty of time to rethink decisions. A four-year degree can change a life.

Joseph

Ball State University is a diverse school with the ability to learn and have a great time while making many lifelong friends.

Ball State is unique in that it has about 20,000 students. The other schools that I applied for had at most 2,000 students. Yes Ball State is not the largest school for me but it was a big adjustment from where I came from.

I would let people know to really look deep within themselves to determine what they want to get out of college. The bigger the school the more social events that will be going on. If you are not into partying then you are better off at a smaller school. Remember though that any where you go you will find people that you get along with and can have the time of your life. The one thing you have to do though is get out there and meet people. Do not let money stop you from where you want to go because there is financial aid and scholarships out there to help.

My classmates are friendly, helpful, and down-to-earth students with a desire to graduate and enter the workforce.

The college experience has the potential to mold a student in ways that can affect their entire outlook on society and how they make their mark in the world. It is absolutely vital that students and their parents choose a college where there are numerous opportunities for the student to gain real-world leadership experience through the classroom, internships, campus organizations, and extracurricular activities. The chosen college will be the student?s home for the next four years so it is also important that both the student and parents are comfortable with the campus culture. Every college campus has a unique feel and no campus is exactly the same. It is important to visit multiple campuses, small and large, public and private, to determine what would be the best fit for achieving academic and social excellence. One more point to touch upon is the cost of education, which can add up quickly. No student can truly succeed in any academic environment if under the constant pressure to work a full-time job to pay off their schooling or take out multiple student loans to finance their education. Choosing a college is an exciting process so take time and enjoy it!

Those students interested in doing in-depth research in such fields like chemistry, biology, or astronomy would not be well-suited to attend this school. The majors that are the most popular include education, architecture, business, and communications. If a student interested in attending did want to focus on the natural sciences, then they might find that the research facilities available are not equal to those schools who put more of an emphasis on those majors.

The cost of housing and the way they rip you off with your dining plans

The cost of housing and the way they rip you off with your dining plans

I would say check out lots of schools, then go where ever you feel the most comfortable. Parents, I would check out cost and see how safe the campus is. Check out their campus police, see where the nearest hospitals are and other things of that nature. Also, this is for students and parents, apply to more than one school. Have back up plans if you do not get into your first choice. College is a great experience and one that people should not miss out on!! Check out finical aid as well. See if you can get scholarships through the school and see if they offer large amounts of financial aid. Check with alumni associations at the school too because they are always willing to give scholarships to students that will be attending their university. Don't let anything hold you back!! College is where you find out who you are and make friends for life!!!

A place I call my second home that is preparing me for my futrue as a professional.

Be willing to try something new, but if a college or univesity is not something that you can see ourself doing well then it is ok to keep looking for a better fit. College is one of the greatest experience I have had thus far. Make sure you find a college that will be one of your great experience.

Someone willing to work hard for a future that they wish to have.

Rebecca

The people tend to relate to each other well. There are lots of Christians and the Campus Crusade for Christ organization on campus is very big. The residence life is extremely active and fun. On-campus activities and events are fun and offer an alternative to drinking on the weekends. Students are extremely proud of Ball State. People are friendly and enjoy getting to know each other and hanging out with one another instead of just studying all the time. Students are hard-workers. Also, Entrepreneurship, Music, Art, Architecture, and Aquatics are top quality.

Finding the right college can seem overwhelming. First of all, the student needs to discern what they wish to study. Visiting a career counselor will help point the student in the right direction according to the student's personality and characteristics. Narrow down the college options to those which specialize and excel in areas the student wishes to pursue. Secondly, the student should look at affordability of the school and potential scholarships available. Many scholarships offered by schools can make college more affordable. If the student excels in a certain sport, the college may have scholarships available. Thirdly, the student should evaluate the school based on how well the school's "culture" meets their needs and desires. Does the student do better in large or small population environments? Does the school have any activites/sports where the student will feel comfortable and be able make friends quickly? How is the school's academic and emotional/social support? Are there helpful tutors and counselors to help the students? This is extremely important because most of the student's learning will be outside of the classroom. Focusing on these three areas will make what seems to be an impossible decision more achievable.

Make sure you visit the colleges you are interested in, and get involved in stuff. Don't just sit in your room studying, waiting for opportunities to present themselves.

Joshua

My friends are artistic and friendly.

My friends are artistic and friendly.

Do a lot of research and even visit the schools of interest. Network and be open to new experiences in education. Keep your options open.

Feeling that my republican views are not respected.

Kyle

Take time to analyze each choice to the fullest. Don't hastely choose where you think you want to go. It is important to weigh the pros and cons for each college or university. Take into account what about college is important to you and choose the one that best represents those qualities. Once you have started your college career, don't sit and study all the time. Although your education is what is important, success will only come if you can balance your social and study time. Get out and participate in activities not related to studying. This will help you become refreshed and will ultimately help you get better grades. Lastly, try to understand that going to college is not about getting good grades. Rather, it is about learning the most that you can so that you can succeed in your field. If you genuinely try to learn as much as you can, the good grades will follow.

the availability of recreation on campus, and housing off campus.

Ball State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.