Muncie, IN
Ball State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ball State University

Me and my classmates are very close. We like to collaborate on projects and study together. We always keep pushing eachother to do better.

The best thing about my school is that you have the world at your fingertips. Everything is accessable and there is always a way to do anything you can dream.

When searching for a college my advice is to go and experice that college; try to shadow a student and really get a feel for the university you are interested in. Also make sure to reaserch the activities available. I To make the most of your college experience you should live in the dorm for at least 2 years, you really form a community with the people you live with and campus is more accessable. Take advantage of all the activities and extra curriculars at you school, don't be afraid to get involved.

Ball State University is best known for its education degree. Before it became a University, in 1929 Ball State was called Ball State Teachers College. Students all over the country come to Ball State to earn a degree in Education. The Teacher's College offers a variety of degrees within the education program such as elementary, secondary, or middle school education. Not only does Ball State offer general education degrees, but also specialized areas such as music, art, special, and physical education. Ball State thrives on its outstanding and ever-growing education program, producing knowledgeable, well-prepared teachers.

The most important thing to remember when choosing a college is do not 'follow your friends.' Often kids get pressured into attending the same college as their best friend or boyfriend/girlfriend, when it's not their best choice. Although much of the college experience is a social atmosphere, the most important is the academic aspect. A student's career goals should be the main deciding factor for college. The best way to make the most out of one?s college experience is to get involved and meet new people. My school, Ball State University, offers clubs and organizations for almost every interest possible from Greek Life to Intramural Sports and many others. I have been told by numerous individuals that ?you only get out what you put in,? meaning the more active a student is within his/her college community, the better experience he/she will have. I have had the best college experience so far, and it wouldn?t be possible without the organizations I've joined and the amazing friends I have made. I encourage every student to choose a school that no high school friends are attending, and get involved as much as possible.

I consider passion the best thing about Ball State University. Every student truly cares about his/her classes and puts grades above everything. Not only are students passionate about academics, but also getting involved with other activities. There is a club or organization for almost every interest imaginable, and most students are involved in one or more. Sports also falls under the category of passion. Students are very supportive of all sports offered at Ball State. Each and every student I have talked to has nothing but wonderful things to say about Ball State University.

Courtney

Ball State is best known for some of its specific undergraduate programs such as Nursing and Teaching. It is also known for the availability of social events and the size.

I brag about the ability to meet new people fairly quickly and the size of campus. I love that everything on campus is in walking distance and that I do not need to take the bus if I do not want to.

For a great college experience, I would tell a person to make sure that the school they wish to attend has a good program for their major. I would also recommend to take a glance at the social activities on and off campus. If there are a lot, they will be more likely to meet new people and make friends that have the same interests as them. I would also strongly advise to look at the size of campus. Some people are not comfortable with a large school, and some may be uncomfortable with a small school. Taking a look and doing research on the campus that they wish to attend could be the best advice I could give to somebody who is looking for the right college for them.

Kristin

Active, enthusiastic, and goal-oriented.

Active, enthusiastic, and goal-oriented.

Look more deeply into the college(s) you are interested in, do not believe what you are told about the school by staff or orientation leaders, and ask some current students who are not employed by the school to make it look good what their opinions are.

The immersion programs. I am in one right now and it is a great experience and a big difference from regular classes.

Christina

Our school is best known for our diverse groups and functions that are put on by associations.

Parents should definately be involved in the choices that their children make for their future. They should ask questions daily before students leave high school. Ask what their goals are? Ask to keep them up-to-date with the choices they are thinking about making? Students should visit their future college or university more than once and be sure to ask plenty of questions about housing, transportation and financial aid.

I believe the best thing about Ball State University is the understanding professors. The professors are, for the most part, very helpful and are willing to help students with issues. They even find a way to work around the students' schedule.

It is a lot bigger and there is a lot more going on than other smaller schools I looked into.

People put so much stress on students that are graduating. People scare prospective college students because they say the change will be difficult. Maybe it is because I grew up in this area, but I had no problems adjusting at all.

Takiyah

Make a list of all the qualities you want in a college : academics,diversity,size,cost , class size student to professor ratio,location,amount of student academic resources. Research and visite all the colleges you are looking at. When visiting have some questions in mind you want to ask them like about the campus life and classes. Start filling out scholarships fill out alot of them too. don't foret to turn in your fasfa also because you really donot want money to be the thing that is keeping you from the college that you feel can help you grow and succeed academically.Get involved in campus activites but not too manybe cause you have to beable to balance you work load also and utilize the available resources at your college, like if they have study abroad try to do that because it can be a very eye opening, learning experiance.

Someone not willing to learn and further thier educatin

My classmates are enthusiastic and outgoing.

My classmates are enthusiastic and outgoing.

Ev eryone here is very friendly and it is very easy to get involved with campus activities and organizations.

To find the right college go with whichever one feels right. I visited multiple colleges and none of them felt like home and I couldn't picture myself actually attending them. When I got to Ball State I just felt like I belonged. Everyone was so friendly and it felt like they all wanted me to choose Ball State unlike the other Universities that I considered. To get the most out of college, get involved! Be outgoing and make friends. One way to make friends is to go around on the first night that you are in the dorms and introduce yourself to the neighbors and students on other floors. My room mate and I made some of our best friends the first night that we got to school. Be active and go outside to play games and sports with the other students. Everyone who comes to school is in the same spot, looking to make friends and wanting to have fun!

Zachery

My classmates are helpful , sociable, intelligent and hopefully some of them will be lifetime friends.

The most frustrating thing about school is buckling down and studying.

I believe students should make the decision as to the school they will be attending based on his or her research regarding the type of school they would want to attend. The school should have an excellent reputation in the field the student will be pursueing and possibly be near family if they believe the family ties may be difficult to be away from or far away if they need the distance. Parents should be supportative, loving and give advice if asked. I think a very valuable tool is to visit the school beforehand to feel the atmosphere for themselves and meet some of the professors in their area of majoring. Also if there is a particular sport you enjoy make sure it is available. Just go with your intution and it will usually lead you in the right direction.

Amy

Make multiple visits. Go to sporting events, eat the campus food. Just try to imagine yourself living there on your own.

More scholarships or financial aid info.

Ball State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.