Muncie, IN
Ball State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ball State University

Nathan

Most of my classmates at Ball State are very willing to be social and help me when i need it or when i miss a class.

I wish i would have known that my degree program was usually completed in 5 years instead of 4.

I would suggest going to a lot of different campuses to see which one really feels right. Don't always be so satisfied with the first one that you go to. Really sit down and think about what degree program you want to do because a lot of people end up changing their programs after two years and so it takes them longer to finally graduate.

Bball state is a great school, depending on how you make it. But it is very culture deprived, and the finincial aid and scholarship programs are very overrated. Ball State would be a great school for people who are from Indiana and dont want to be very close to home but not yet far. Or also if you wan to major in architecture or telecommunications, but i would not reccomend it to people from out of state, you have to be from indiana to understand the state of mind, and not ( let's say from N.Y )

My advice for parents and students trying to find the right college, and making the most of the experiece there, would be to search thourghly for financial aid and scholarships. Make a top five list of the colleges you would like to attend, based on what would be best for you and your major. Campus visit is a must! Get a feel for the campus and dorm life. Estimate the cost of each school (You dont want to go there for a year and love it, then not afford to go back the next). Start getting used to bugeting and saving, or else you are going to be broke! Get a campus job. learn how to do laundry and cook microwavable food because your going to be eating alot of it! Work on being your self, then some of the friends you make are going to be friends for life! DON'T MISS CLASS!! The more you go, the better you do. Get involved! It's a great way to meet new people and make a difference. Be open minded, and not discriminatory, learn about different cultures. Most importantly BE SAFE, just because everyone drinks doesnt mean you have to!

Elisa

We're best known for our campus-wide wireless connection and our education and telecommunications program.

The best advice I can give is to go with the college that you, the student, want. Yes, you do need to look at the cost of the college, but there are plenty of scholarship programs and other forms of financial assistance out there so don't make that your first thing to look at. To make most of your college experience, go to your freshman floor meetings and talk and study with people of your same major.. you will most likely be going through all the same classes and struggles. Also if you do know older people at your college, hang out with them and they can show you other things about your college. And parents, if your child is interested in a college that you feel iffy about, go visit, exlpore all options and ask questions, the college tour guides will be happy to answer them. Also, send your child packages or cards, they will appreciate it a lot.

A person who is open-minded and is accepting of others; someone who doesn't want to go to a too big or too small campus who is looking for a variety of major options.

Tiaris

Ball State is a very diverse school. I think the diversity makes it better among schools because we are given the opportunity to continuingly meet people who are so very different from ourselves. Not only is it a diverse school it is a school that is very focused on education and our careers beyond college.

Well, my freshman year the worst thing was that it was a campus that allowed smoking, but towards the end of the year it bacame a non-smoking campus. So there isn't anything I really think is the worst thing about our campus.

The best way for anyone to find the right college for themselves is for one to first ask themselves what is they want to gain from their college experience. I think for a parent it is best for them to consider both what they want for their child and what their child wants for themselves. College is expensive and if parents don't think on both sides then they could end up wasting their money. When you have decided on a college even if it isn't your first choice go into the school with an open mind. Look forward to meeting new people and having new experiences. College truly is what you make of it so it is up to the student to decide that they are going to make the best of their college experience.

The most unique part about the campus is how many people I have met just in my classes and throught my residence hall. People at school are so open and willing to meet you and it is something you might not find at every single campus.

I think the best advice I could give would be to look at college with an open mind and make sure to take tours of every single college you are applying to. And on those tours make sure you do have an open mind and a positive attitude about being there because that will make your time on campus that much more enjoyable. I also think that getting involved and meeting as many people as you can will help you adjust to the college setting as quickly as possible. The best advice I could give anyone is to just keep your door open when you are in your room so that anyone walking in the hallways can just pop their head in and say hi; it is the best way to meet people.

I think the best part about this campus is the aize because we have a lot of students on campus so you are always meeting new people but the campus itself is not too large as to where it takes half an hour to walk from one end to the other. Also, our social atmosphere is amazing.

Kristin

My school is a great place for people to make friends for life and is just the right size; not too big not to small, with a great pride about every aspect of academia and social life.

The thing I consider to be worst about my school is the location of many classes to the dorms. It takes approximately 25 minutes to get from the dorms to our student center or the financial building. Most of the important buildings are considerably farther away than some of the other buildings.

I would advise students and their parents/gardians to try and get information on as many colleges as they can, even the ones they thought they would never consider because one doesn't know what he/she knows what to expect about such a school. I would advise both students and their parents/gardians to go on many college visits to get a feel for campus life before they make such a life-changing decision. I would advise them to talk to professors and advisors in the field they are considering or may consider if they are undecided to decide if that field of study is best at that particular university/college or at another. To make the most of the college experience, I would tell the student to make friends with students on their dorm floors or around the area they live. I would advise them to play intramural sports if they don't want to play varsity sports. I would also advise them to join clubs in their field of study or in the areas they are interested. I would also advise students to be themselves and not someone they are not.

Brian

Ball State is one of the greatest places to be, the school is very up to date with a great campus, staff, and students.

Some advice that i would give to those about find the best college, is look around at them. Im not saying just go to campus visits, those are helpful. But if you know someone that goes there, spend a weekend with them. That will give you the best experience of the college. As well dont be afraid to talk to the professors at the college to get a feel for what they would be like. And maybe even go talk to the president of the college, at Ball State, our president said that she would go to lunch if you got a group of 3-4 people together and asked her if she would go to lunch. And yes she really has held up her end of the deal. And the students really love to have such an option. And as for making the most of college, dont waste your days. Before you know it, your first two years are gone in a flash. And even though there may be some hard times. Dont dwell on them, get involved and have fun. And dont forget to take pictures! Its a great way to remember all the fun times, and such.

I wish someone had pushed more about getting scholarships for college.

Ball State is a good value; it's not a well-known school for academics, but it's affordable education and the fairly small classes are great.

If you're looking for some place affordable, Ball State is it. The social life on campus isn't amazing (many people go home on the weekends) but you get a good education relatively cheap.

Visit the campus! You're going to be spending at least the next four years in college, and you should feel comfortable and happy in the place you choose. Check out nearby restaurants, shops, clubs, and other places. Also, don't wait to get involved in campus clubs or activities. Freshman year is crucial in developing friendships, and clubs are a great way to meet people that share some of your interests.

Lydia

My advice to parents and students would be to find a college that makes you feel at home. I believe it to be very important to feel comfortable with the college or university that you choose. Once you feel comfortable and at home then you are more likely to venture out and get the most out of your college experience. If the campus is unfriendly and makes you feel uncomfortable then a student is less likely to try the activities the university offers and make new friends. It very important to feel secure and confident especially when you are way from home and out of your element making your own decision so if a college campus can give you the security and confidence that you need then it is the best choice for you. Find a college that makes you feel like family and you belong there; you will never regret it.

The worst part of Ball State is the weather which is not Ball State's fault. The climate in Muncie is really cold in the winter and rainy often times then not. However once a person is use to the weather conditions it tends to be less of a problem and you learn to adapt.

Ball State caters to a wide, diverse group of students so in all honesty I believe any person would be accepted and welcomed on this campus. Ball State is really good at making people feel at home . I would recommend this university to any kind of person. There is no reason why someone should not be part of Ball State. It has a little of everything for everyone and really makes you feel part of the Ball State family.

Ball State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.