Muncie, IN
Ball State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ball State University

Tiaris

Ball State is a very diverse school. I think the diversity makes it better among schools because we are given the opportunity to continuingly meet people who are so very different from ourselves. Not only is it a diverse school it is a school that is very focused on education and our careers beyond college.

Well, my freshman year the worst thing was that it was a campus that allowed smoking, but towards the end of the year it bacame a non-smoking campus. So there isn't anything I really think is the worst thing about our campus.

The best way for anyone to find the right college for themselves is for one to first ask themselves what is they want to gain from their college experience. I think for a parent it is best for them to consider both what they want for their child and what their child wants for themselves. College is expensive and if parents don't think on both sides then they could end up wasting their money. When you have decided on a college even if it isn't your first choice go into the school with an open mind. Look forward to meeting new people and having new experiences. College truly is what you make of it so it is up to the student to decide that they are going to make the best of their college experience.

The most unique part about the campus is how many people I have met just in my classes and throught my residence hall. People at school are so open and willing to meet you and it is something you might not find at every single campus.

I think the best advice I could give would be to look at college with an open mind and make sure to take tours of every single college you are applying to. And on those tours make sure you do have an open mind and a positive attitude about being there because that will make your time on campus that much more enjoyable. I also think that getting involved and meeting as many people as you can will help you adjust to the college setting as quickly as possible. The best advice I could give anyone is to just keep your door open when you are in your room so that anyone walking in the hallways can just pop their head in and say hi; it is the best way to meet people.

I think the best part about this campus is the aize because we have a lot of students on campus so you are always meeting new people but the campus itself is not too large as to where it takes half an hour to walk from one end to the other. Also, our social atmosphere is amazing.

Kristin

My school is a great place for people to make friends for life and is just the right size; not too big not to small, with a great pride about every aspect of academia and social life.

The thing I consider to be worst about my school is the location of many classes to the dorms. It takes approximately 25 minutes to get from the dorms to our student center or the financial building. Most of the important buildings are considerably farther away than some of the other buildings.

I would advise students and their parents/gardians to try and get information on as many colleges as they can, even the ones they thought they would never consider because one doesn't know what he/she knows what to expect about such a school. I would advise both students and their parents/gardians to go on many college visits to get a feel for campus life before they make such a life-changing decision. I would advise them to talk to professors and advisors in the field they are considering or may consider if they are undecided to decide if that field of study is best at that particular university/college or at another. To make the most of the college experience, I would tell the student to make friends with students on their dorm floors or around the area they live. I would advise them to play intramural sports if they don't want to play varsity sports. I would also advise them to join clubs in their field of study or in the areas they are interested. I would also advise students to be themselves and not someone they are not.

Brian

Ball State is one of the greatest places to be, the school is very up to date with a great campus, staff, and students.

Some advice that i would give to those about find the best college, is look around at them. Im not saying just go to campus visits, those are helpful. But if you know someone that goes there, spend a weekend with them. That will give you the best experience of the college. As well dont be afraid to talk to the professors at the college to get a feel for what they would be like. And maybe even go talk to the president of the college, at Ball State, our president said that she would go to lunch if you got a group of 3-4 people together and asked her if she would go to lunch. And yes she really has held up her end of the deal. And the students really love to have such an option. And as for making the most of college, dont waste your days. Before you know it, your first two years are gone in a flash. And even though there may be some hard times. Dont dwell on them, get involved and have fun. And dont forget to take pictures! Its a great way to remember all the fun times, and such.

I wish someone had pushed more about getting scholarships for college.

Ball State is a good value; it's not a well-known school for academics, but it's affordable education and the fairly small classes are great.

If you're looking for some place affordable, Ball State is it. The social life on campus isn't amazing (many people go home on the weekends) but you get a good education relatively cheap.

Visit the campus! You're going to be spending at least the next four years in college, and you should feel comfortable and happy in the place you choose. Check out nearby restaurants, shops, clubs, and other places. Also, don't wait to get involved in campus clubs or activities. Freshman year is crucial in developing friendships, and clubs are a great way to meet people that share some of your interests.

Lydia

My advice to parents and students would be to find a college that makes you feel at home. I believe it to be very important to feel comfortable with the college or university that you choose. Once you feel comfortable and at home then you are more likely to venture out and get the most out of your college experience. If the campus is unfriendly and makes you feel uncomfortable then a student is less likely to try the activities the university offers and make new friends. It very important to feel secure and confident especially when you are way from home and out of your element making your own decision so if a college campus can give you the security and confidence that you need then it is the best choice for you. Find a college that makes you feel like family and you belong there; you will never regret it.

The worst part of Ball State is the weather which is not Ball State's fault. The climate in Muncie is really cold in the winter and rainy often times then not. However once a person is use to the weather conditions it tends to be less of a problem and you learn to adapt.

Ball State caters to a wide, diverse group of students so in all honesty I believe any person would be accepted and welcomed on this campus. Ball State is really good at making people feel at home . I would recommend this university to any kind of person. There is no reason why someone should not be part of Ball State. It has a little of everything for everyone and really makes you feel part of the Ball State family.

It is a beautiful school, with well developed programs, but the price to pay is very high!

Ball State University, is well known for the teaching program. It is also know for Carter's Hot dogs that comes out at night!

I would just say to visit more than one campus, and visit it more than one time. Once you are on the campus it comes to you which on you want to be at. There is this feeling that comes in you saying that the campus is right for you! Make sure you check into colleges with a good program of the field of stufy you are going into, and check all of the extra-curricular activities as well! Make sure you can get invovled on the campus! Campus life is the best expierence of your life and make the most out of it! Good Luck!!

Briana

It is a school that employers think highly upong.

Choose a well-rounded school in your price range. You do not want to graduate with so much debt that you cannot afford a life.

Johanna

Ball State is comfortable and feels very much like home, even with its flaws.

Ball State is comfortable and feels very much like home, even with its flaws.

I think the worse thing about school is the lack of diversity. Ball State likes to think that they place a focus on diversity, yet they do not really reach out to hispanic and black communities. The community in which I grew up and graduated high school from was 51% Hispanic, 48% Black and 1% other. Ball State was not a school that was emphasized at my high school and were rarely present during our college fair days.

The best advice that I could give to parents and students is to visit the college for themselves. I visited four other in-state colleges and eight out-of-state colleges before I made my final decision of Ball State University. Another thing I would say to parents and students is to visit the actual facilities and learn about the curriculum within the students major. My major is art education. As an art student I am constantly in the studios of the school. I may have liked other schools for their campuses, but I hated the facilities provided for art, which made my decision of which university to attend easier. I also found the Teachers College at Ball State to have the best curriculum for me. The last piece of advice I have is to talk to students that are a bit more non-partisan the administrators. They will tell the truth about how a school works and what they deal with when handling financial aid and speaking to professors.

Ian

The science program at Ball State is small, but still has accomplished faculty. Also, the atmosphere on campus is something I have never felt on any other campus. It is relaxed, but focused. People are always doing something outside-either studying or playing sports or just going for a walk. Also, BSU is very open to the GBLT community-moreso than any other college I know of.

The best advice I can give is to make as many campus visits as possible. It doesn't matter how good the school's reputation is, or how many of your friends are going there-If you don't like the campus atmosphere, you might as well not even go. Originally, my first choice school was Purdue University. But, there was just something about the campus that didn't sit right with me. Then I went to Ball State. The vibe I got from campus was great, and somehow I felt more comfortable than I had at any other campus. To make the most out of the college experience, you have to be open to new things. You can't just hang out with the same people from high school doing the same things and expect to have a good time. Try new things, meet new people, go new places. You never know when you'll learn something new! And DON'T GO HOME every weekend! It sounds boring to stay on campus, but you make a lot of new friends and get a lot more done that way.

The large GBLT community may take some people by surprise. The campus in general is very liveral, so someone who is very conservative might not feel comfortable. However, I have found that people are open and friendly at BSU, so as long as the person is willing to make friends they would probably be okay.

Ball State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.