Muncie, IN
Ball State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ball State University

It is a beautiful school, with well developed programs, but the price to pay is very high!

Ball State University, is well known for the teaching program. It is also know for Carter's Hot dogs that comes out at night!

I would just say to visit more than one campus, and visit it more than one time. Once you are on the campus it comes to you which on you want to be at. There is this feeling that comes in you saying that the campus is right for you! Make sure you check into colleges with a good program of the field of stufy you are going into, and check all of the extra-curricular activities as well! Make sure you can get invovled on the campus! Campus life is the best expierence of your life and make the most out of it! Good Luck!!

Briana

It is a school that employers think highly upong.

Choose a well-rounded school in your price range. You do not want to graduate with so much debt that you cannot afford a life.

Johanna

Ball State is comfortable and feels very much like home, even with its flaws.

Ball State is comfortable and feels very much like home, even with its flaws.

I think the worse thing about school is the lack of diversity. Ball State likes to think that they place a focus on diversity, yet they do not really reach out to hispanic and black communities. The community in which I grew up and graduated high school from was 51% Hispanic, 48% Black and 1% other. Ball State was not a school that was emphasized at my high school and were rarely present during our college fair days.

The best advice that I could give to parents and students is to visit the college for themselves. I visited four other in-state colleges and eight out-of-state colleges before I made my final decision of Ball State University. Another thing I would say to parents and students is to visit the actual facilities and learn about the curriculum within the students major. My major is art education. As an art student I am constantly in the studios of the school. I may have liked other schools for their campuses, but I hated the facilities provided for art, which made my decision of which university to attend easier. I also found the Teachers College at Ball State to have the best curriculum for me. The last piece of advice I have is to talk to students that are a bit more non-partisan the administrators. They will tell the truth about how a school works and what they deal with when handling financial aid and speaking to professors.

Ian

The science program at Ball State is small, but still has accomplished faculty. Also, the atmosphere on campus is something I have never felt on any other campus. It is relaxed, but focused. People are always doing something outside-either studying or playing sports or just going for a walk. Also, BSU is very open to the GBLT community-moreso than any other college I know of.

The best advice I can give is to make as many campus visits as possible. It doesn't matter how good the school's reputation is, or how many of your friends are going there-If you don't like the campus atmosphere, you might as well not even go. Originally, my first choice school was Purdue University. But, there was just something about the campus that didn't sit right with me. Then I went to Ball State. The vibe I got from campus was great, and somehow I felt more comfortable than I had at any other campus. To make the most out of the college experience, you have to be open to new things. You can't just hang out with the same people from high school doing the same things and expect to have a good time. Try new things, meet new people, go new places. You never know when you'll learn something new! And DON'T GO HOME every weekend! It sounds boring to stay on campus, but you make a lot of new friends and get a lot more done that way.

The large GBLT community may take some people by surprise. The campus in general is very liveral, so someone who is very conservative might not feel comfortable. However, I have found that people are open and friendly at BSU, so as long as the person is willing to make friends they would probably be okay.

Savannah

I tell my friends that Ball State University has given me wonderful and valuable experiences that I will always be thankful for. I tell them how I don't regret the experiences from my initial telecommunications major because they helped me realize early on that I wasn't cut out for a job in that field. The experiences from my English education major have inspired me to become a great educator and positively influence my students just as my professors here at Ball State University have influenced me to make the most of my abilities and talents.

I was a seventh-grader when I was told that I had all the time I needed to decide what I want to be. Then, I blinked and I was a senior. The fact is time flies by too quickly and it is never too early to begin thinking about your career. Knowing what you want to do with your professional life affects all other aspects of your life as well. This starts with what college you attend. Students should research things they most look for in a college and parents should do the same, then compare notes. Students and parents will look for different things that are important to and affect both for years to come. First, the student should think of a few careers they are considering pursuing and what colleges are best for each particular field. Then, students and parents should get together to discuss the pros and cons of each college and how to pay for expenses. Open and understanding communciation between students and their parents is one of the most crucial steps in finding the right college. College visits are also a must while deciding what kind of experinece you'll want to remember forever.

katie

All of the sport teams are close with eachother. When you get on campus your freshman year you know a lot of people already just because of being an athelte. Also, again the class sizes are nice because its easy to make friends and get to know your professor.

LOOK AROUND! There are so many different colleges if you just take the time and visit places you will find the right school for you. It's just one of thoes things when you explore the campus you just know and feel that it fits you.

The size is just right its easy to walk from class to class. The longest it takes to get from one side of the campus to another is only 15 minutes. And we have buses that all across campus very often if you don't want to walk. The class sizes as well are very suitable so you can get to know your professor.

Tiffany

My school is a very friendly with a perfect sized and beautiful campus.

My school is a very friendly with a perfect sized and beautiful campus.

Sometimes trying to get the right answer from people the first time...

First off, I would strongly suggest that potential students and parets should go visit the college in person and visit a lot of them, coming into it open minded. As for making the most of your college experience, just open up and be friendly. All you really have to be is yourself, with how many people there are at schools, there are tons of people that are just like you so there's no need to change yourself. Just get involved, it will help you to make more friends with the same interests as you. Most of all just have fun and do the best you can do!

Don't just focus on the cost. Try and have an idea of what you want to do in life and then find a school that has something you enjoy and goes along with what you want to do. Also look for a campus that makes you feel comfortable and like you're at home

The amount of school spirit, the homecoming week activities and the food!!

The cost of attendance. I'm getting financial aid this year and I'm still going to have to take out another loan in order to pay for books and tuition.

Curtis

I believe i knew all of the essentials. One thing. however, that I had wished I knew sooner was all the requiered things I had to do to abtain a job on campus

Visiting the college helped me out a lot. When I visited Ball State University I really got the feeling the people there wanted me to be there. I visited Indiana University and knew almost right away that it was not the place for me. I felt I would be another number on that campus and I was not really cared about by faculty and staff. At Ball State University even the custodial staff seems to care very much about the students on and off campus. I believe it is little things like that that really help to make the college experience great. I believe Ball State University is a great place for me to further my education and I would not want to be anywhere else.

Matthew

I would advise students to have an open mind about where they apply to school, and look for schools with many different majors. Most students end up changing their major at least twice, but in my case I changed it 5 times! Students need to explore their interests, and try new things that they normally wouldn't. Life is full of surprises, and I encourage students to be open to the unexpected. This is how stuents make the most of the college experience, and the only way in which they will truly grow. Afterall, life does not have a guidebook in which everyone knows exactly what they need to do and when. Students must explore life, and enjoy the surprises along the way.

This school best suits those that are not sure what they want to do when entering as a freshman. As a freshman I wanted to be a telecommuncations major but, am now planning to graduate with a degree in biology! Through a combination of very different core classes, BSU helps students explore their interests and exposes students to new options that can open unexpected doors. The diverse classes gave me the chance to try on different professions and interests, which is something I feel every student should experience!

The worst thing about Ball State is its location, and its resulting demographics. It is located smack-dab in the middle of the midwest, and does not attract a large amount of diverse students from other cultures. I would love to meet more exchange or foreign students, because there is so much to learn from people from other parts of the world. American students are often-times too narrow minded, and do not get the chance to see what life is like in other areas of Earth. Education is not complete if students can't compare it to something else.

Ball State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.