Muncie, IN
Ball State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ball State University

Savannah

I tell my friends that Ball State University has given me wonderful and valuable experiences that I will always be thankful for. I tell them how I don't regret the experiences from my initial telecommunications major because they helped me realize early on that I wasn't cut out for a job in that field. The experiences from my English education major have inspired me to become a great educator and positively influence my students just as my professors here at Ball State University have influenced me to make the most of my abilities and talents.

I was a seventh-grader when I was told that I had all the time I needed to decide what I want to be. Then, I blinked and I was a senior. The fact is time flies by too quickly and it is never too early to begin thinking about your career. Knowing what you want to do with your professional life affects all other aspects of your life as well. This starts with what college you attend. Students should research things they most look for in a college and parents should do the same, then compare notes. Students and parents will look for different things that are important to and affect both for years to come. First, the student should think of a few careers they are considering pursuing and what colleges are best for each particular field. Then, students and parents should get together to discuss the pros and cons of each college and how to pay for expenses. Open and understanding communciation between students and their parents is one of the most crucial steps in finding the right college. College visits are also a must while deciding what kind of experinece you'll want to remember forever.

katie

All of the sport teams are close with eachother. When you get on campus your freshman year you know a lot of people already just because of being an athelte. Also, again the class sizes are nice because its easy to make friends and get to know your professor.

LOOK AROUND! There are so many different colleges if you just take the time and visit places you will find the right school for you. It's just one of thoes things when you explore the campus you just know and feel that it fits you.

The size is just right its easy to walk from class to class. The longest it takes to get from one side of the campus to another is only 15 minutes. And we have buses that all across campus very often if you don't want to walk. The class sizes as well are very suitable so you can get to know your professor.

Tiffany

My school is a very friendly with a perfect sized and beautiful campus.

My school is a very friendly with a perfect sized and beautiful campus.

Sometimes trying to get the right answer from people the first time...

First off, I would strongly suggest that potential students and parets should go visit the college in person and visit a lot of them, coming into it open minded. As for making the most of your college experience, just open up and be friendly. All you really have to be is yourself, with how many people there are at schools, there are tons of people that are just like you so there's no need to change yourself. Just get involved, it will help you to make more friends with the same interests as you. Most of all just have fun and do the best you can do!

Don't just focus on the cost. Try and have an idea of what you want to do in life and then find a school that has something you enjoy and goes along with what you want to do. Also look for a campus that makes you feel comfortable and like you're at home

The amount of school spirit, the homecoming week activities and the food!!

The cost of attendance. I'm getting financial aid this year and I'm still going to have to take out another loan in order to pay for books and tuition.

Curtis

I believe i knew all of the essentials. One thing. however, that I had wished I knew sooner was all the requiered things I had to do to abtain a job on campus

Visiting the college helped me out a lot. When I visited Ball State University I really got the feeling the people there wanted me to be there. I visited Indiana University and knew almost right away that it was not the place for me. I felt I would be another number on that campus and I was not really cared about by faculty and staff. At Ball State University even the custodial staff seems to care very much about the students on and off campus. I believe it is little things like that that really help to make the college experience great. I believe Ball State University is a great place for me to further my education and I would not want to be anywhere else.

Matthew

I would advise students to have an open mind about where they apply to school, and look for schools with many different majors. Most students end up changing their major at least twice, but in my case I changed it 5 times! Students need to explore their interests, and try new things that they normally wouldn't. Life is full of surprises, and I encourage students to be open to the unexpected. This is how stuents make the most of the college experience, and the only way in which they will truly grow. Afterall, life does not have a guidebook in which everyone knows exactly what they need to do and when. Students must explore life, and enjoy the surprises along the way.

This school best suits those that are not sure what they want to do when entering as a freshman. As a freshman I wanted to be a telecommuncations major but, am now planning to graduate with a degree in biology! Through a combination of very different core classes, BSU helps students explore their interests and exposes students to new options that can open unexpected doors. The diverse classes gave me the chance to try on different professions and interests, which is something I feel every student should experience!

The worst thing about Ball State is its location, and its resulting demographics. It is located smack-dab in the middle of the midwest, and does not attract a large amount of diverse students from other cultures. I would love to meet more exchange or foreign students, because there is so much to learn from people from other parts of the world. American students are often-times too narrow minded, and do not get the chance to see what life is like in other areas of Earth. Education is not complete if students can't compare it to something else.

Stacie

They are people who I want to know better.

They are people who I want to know better.

Campus life at my school seems better than all my friends' schools. The all have complaints about something, but I don't.

Don't judge a college based on one thing. Make sure you are taking all aspects into account. Always visit the college and get a tour of some buldings before selecting one. If the student cannot see themselves living there, there is no reason to attend. Once you choose a college, join at least one group or program. There are people everywhere who will help you adjust, and answer your questions. Don't say no to anything during your first few weeks, unless you KNOW it's something you don't want to do. You never know when you'll meet your future best friends. Go to class and do your homework. It is school after all, and flunking out is a very difficult thing to recover from. HAVE FUN!

Krista

A diverse group of people who like to have fun, but also have goals they want to achieve before the graduate from Ball State University.

Go to the school and take a tour. The student will know what school is best for them after seeing a variety of campuses.

I would like better gym equipment in the on- campus dorms because the current equipment is very old and falling apart.

I absolutley love the people at Ball State everyone is so friendly. I truley have meet some of my life long friends. The school atmosphere is very supportive and there are tutoring facilities to help students out with any questions they have about classes. I feel excepted and I feel that if I ever needed help I could find someone there to help me in anything I would need.

Probably the most frustrating thing about my school would have to be not having enough time to get everything I want to do. I still have some things that I would like to do like learn a new trade or a new sport. To be honest though there are just not enough hours in a day.

I would advice parents and or students to look into every college they know of. Many colleges have different specializations that are not known until you would look into them. I would also advise to visit many colleges until you find the right one for you. I visited about 5 colleges until I decided that Ball State was the right size and academic difficulty for me. I can not stress enough that people need to visit a college. I was thinking about going to IU but until I visited there I truely had no idea what it was really like. Once I visited and meet some people there I new it was not the right fit for me. The last thing I need to say is that this is a huge decision to make and parents need to be very involved in this decision. Look into the dynamics of the school, like the activities and the classes, and exxpecially the student reviews. These tools will help anyone to make their final decisions about college. Have fun looking and finally deciding, becuase college is one of the best times in a students life.

Learn as much about the schools because you will spend a lot of time at that place. This school is the start of you life and career. Don't go to a school because all of your friends are going. You will make new and more friends and have a bigger network because of it. I have found that if you go and do something because everyone else is doing it, you might regret it later. Don't be a follower, be a leader. Carve you path yourself, don't have others do it. It will make your experience much better and you will grow more if you do for yourself.

I feel that this school right for any person. It's great for anyone because it has a wide variety of things for anyone.

I didn't need to know anything about this school. It was a perfect match for me.

Ball State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.