Muncie, IN
Ball State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ball State University

Matthew

I would advise students to have an open mind about where they apply to school, and look for schools with many different majors. Most students end up changing their major at least twice, but in my case I changed it 5 times! Students need to explore their interests, and try new things that they normally wouldn't. Life is full of surprises, and I encourage students to be open to the unexpected. This is how stuents make the most of the college experience, and the only way in which they will truly grow. Afterall, life does not have a guidebook in which everyone knows exactly what they need to do and when. Students must explore life, and enjoy the surprises along the way.

This school best suits those that are not sure what they want to do when entering as a freshman. As a freshman I wanted to be a telecommuncations major but, am now planning to graduate with a degree in biology! Through a combination of very different core classes, BSU helps students explore their interests and exposes students to new options that can open unexpected doors. The diverse classes gave me the chance to try on different professions and interests, which is something I feel every student should experience!

The worst thing about Ball State is its location, and its resulting demographics. It is located smack-dab in the middle of the midwest, and does not attract a large amount of diverse students from other cultures. I would love to meet more exchange or foreign students, because there is so much to learn from people from other parts of the world. American students are often-times too narrow minded, and do not get the chance to see what life is like in other areas of Earth. Education is not complete if students can't compare it to something else.

Stacie

They are people who I want to know better.

They are people who I want to know better.

Campus life at my school seems better than all my friends' schools. The all have complaints about something, but I don't.

Don't judge a college based on one thing. Make sure you are taking all aspects into account. Always visit the college and get a tour of some buldings before selecting one. If the student cannot see themselves living there, there is no reason to attend. Once you choose a college, join at least one group or program. There are people everywhere who will help you adjust, and answer your questions. Don't say no to anything during your first few weeks, unless you KNOW it's something you don't want to do. You never know when you'll meet your future best friends. Go to class and do your homework. It is school after all, and flunking out is a very difficult thing to recover from. HAVE FUN!

Krista

A diverse group of people who like to have fun, but also have goals they want to achieve before the graduate from Ball State University.

Go to the school and take a tour. The student will know what school is best for them after seeing a variety of campuses.

I would like better gym equipment in the on- campus dorms because the current equipment is very old and falling apart.

I absolutley love the people at Ball State everyone is so friendly. I truley have meet some of my life long friends. The school atmosphere is very supportive and there are tutoring facilities to help students out with any questions they have about classes. I feel excepted and I feel that if I ever needed help I could find someone there to help me in anything I would need.

Probably the most frustrating thing about my school would have to be not having enough time to get everything I want to do. I still have some things that I would like to do like learn a new trade or a new sport. To be honest though there are just not enough hours in a day.

I would advice parents and or students to look into every college they know of. Many colleges have different specializations that are not known until you would look into them. I would also advise to visit many colleges until you find the right one for you. I visited about 5 colleges until I decided that Ball State was the right size and academic difficulty for me. I can not stress enough that people need to visit a college. I was thinking about going to IU but until I visited there I truely had no idea what it was really like. Once I visited and meet some people there I new it was not the right fit for me. The last thing I need to say is that this is a huge decision to make and parents need to be very involved in this decision. Look into the dynamics of the school, like the activities and the classes, and exxpecially the student reviews. These tools will help anyone to make their final decisions about college. Have fun looking and finally deciding, becuase college is one of the best times in a students life.

Learn as much about the schools because you will spend a lot of time at that place. This school is the start of you life and career. Don't go to a school because all of your friends are going. You will make new and more friends and have a bigger network because of it. I have found that if you go and do something because everyone else is doing it, you might regret it later. Don't be a follower, be a leader. Carve you path yourself, don't have others do it. It will make your experience much better and you will grow more if you do for yourself.

I feel that this school right for any person. It's great for anyone because it has a wide variety of things for anyone.

I didn't need to know anything about this school. It was a perfect match for me.

Sara

Ball State is best known for it's architecture and education programs. We are also known for our alumni including David Letterman and Papa John.

This school is available to all types of people. Most of the people who attend Ball State are architecture or education majors because Ball State is known for these, but there are many other majors that are prestigious and can get you a wonderful job after graduation.

I think you should look at colleges starting your junior year of high school to decide where and what type of school you think would fit you best. Once you find a school that suits you and you are getting ready for your freshman year, my advice would be to pack less than you think you should, most of the time you don't even use half of the stuff you take. Once in your dorm room, keep your door open, that way you are opening yourself up to others and make new friends. Also, get involved with anything you can, it's a good way to meet tons of people and also a good way to network later on in life. College will be the best years of your life if you plan from the start and enjoy every minute of it.

Alex

A lot of fun and good academics packed into one box.

A lot of fun and good academics packed into one box.

The advice I would give to parents and/or students is to make sure the first thing you consider is being comfortable. Money should not be the first thing because there are tons of scholarships and financial aid to go around to anyone who will put themselves to the test of college. Once a student is at college, my advice is make the best of it because it is only a small part of your whole life. Studies are the most important thing to focus on though because if you work hard you can play hard. The main point is to have fun and work hard to make your life easier as you get older. There are temptations and it is safe to say that you will give in to some of them, but as long as you keep your studies and goals right up just in front of fun, you will succeed with flyin colors.

A person that doesn't like to have fun and learn at the same time.

Ball State is a culturally diverse school where people are intertwined by their love for the school and their profession.

My classmates create a strong network that I feel I am able to approach when I have questions or need help.

Make sure that you visit any campus that you're thinking about attending. Ask students questions about the school that it is important for YOU to know the answer to. If you know what you're going to school for, look into the program, talk to professors, and ask students how they feel about the program itself. If you don't know what you want to do when you 'grow up' make an appointment with an advisor to talk about the availability of an exploratory program. All in all, just make sure the school works for your personality and goals, not anybody elses.

Ball State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.