Ball State University

« See more reviews of Ball State University

Ball State is a medium-sized school on a smallish campus, with many excellent specialized programs, interesting students, and great professors. Ball State's motto is "Education Redefined," and they live up to it with several customized majors and an innovative "immersive learning" curriculum that involves students in their own education. It hosts a huge amount of clubs focusing on promoting beliefs, educating about culture, exploring art, media, and a variety of activities, and often participating in volunteer work. Campus life is excellent, owing to award-winning Residence Life and Campus Dining programs and the dedicated University Programing Board. The university ties this all together with a large, informative website, campus-wide wifi, and a centralized email for every student.

The campus is comprised of classroom buildings, dorms, music and theatre auditorium, sports facility, library, food and eating areas, and parking lots all situated down one main street through the center of campus with a clock/bell tower right in the center. The crosswalks have bells to press when you need to cross the intersection and loud ringing stops all the cars from continuing and the pedestrians are allowed to cross. There are various statues centered throughout the campus that have significance to the school based on interesting stories and legends. The Ball cannaing jar brothers founded the school.

The people tend to relate to each other well. There are lots of Christians and the Campus Crusade for Christ organization on campus is very big. The residence life is extremely active and fun. On-campus activities and events are fun and offer an alternative to drinking on the weekends. Students are extremely proud of Ball State. People are friendly and enjoy getting to know each other and hanging out with one another instead of just studying all the time. Students are hard-workers. Also, Entrepreneurship, Music, Art, Architecture, and Aquatics are top quality.

Ball State is a school where you can feel comfortable being yourself. People at this school don't really care what kind of background you come from, and are generally accepting of who you are. The size of BSU is perfect for the college setting. A little over 25,000 students and staff total, and an average class size of 30 members. Learning becomes for focused on the students and the professors are always available for appointments, and if by chance they are not available, most will go out of their way to meet the needs of the students.

Ball State University is a very diverse campus and supports each and every student. There are many clubs to join, activities to take part in, sports to play, and academic groups to join. Every person attending school here as plenty of opportunities to participate in things they enjoy, because there is such a variety to choose from. Ball State is a smaller campus which makes getting to classes on time very easy which most students really like. This campus is an all around amazing place for young adults to spend their college years.

Ball State University is an open campus. It is gorgeous here, all the nature and animals is amazing. Most college campuses that I have seen are in the city with all the businesses n hustle n bustle, or out in the middle of nowhere with cornfields. Ball State is right in the middle, it isn't too busy, nor too 'empty'. Also Ball State is the must handi-cap friendly campus in the state. Any where in which a person in a wheelchair, or blind needs to go, there is something or someone to help them get there.

Ball State is a great university to attend. The staff here is always willing to help, and provides you with a top notch education. The university is future along in the area of technology than most university. By doing this, students are extremely prepared to enter the work force after graduation. They also encourage you to live on campus, and have a wide variety of activites for students to participate in. At BSU, your education is designed to your goals and what you want to achieve.

Ball State is unique in many different ways. When looking for a college I looked for a school that was in Indiana, relatively inexpensive, and diverse. I have always grown up around a pluthera of different ethnic groups and religions and I feel that having this sort of community around you enables you to have an open-minded way of life. Once I found Ball State, with it's beautiful campus and dinamic student body I knew where I was going to be going for the next four years.

I like that it is far enough away from home that I can stay here, but it is only an hour and a half from home so I can go home if there is an emergency. I also like the fact that BSU is a medium size school. There are a lot of activities to get involved in and you can get from one end of campus to the other in less than fifteen minutes. BSU was the perfect fit for me and my needs. I am a business major and they have one of the best business programs around.

Ball State offers the best of both worlds in terms of a small school and a large university. Class sizes are moderate and the campus is not too big. Students can feel comfortable with classmates and getting around the campus, much like at a small college. Yet at the same time Ball State is a Div 1 school, and there are enough people, opportunities and culture that you are still able to enjoy all the perks of a large university.