Ball State University

« See more reviews of Ball State University

There are not a lot of things that get me flustered while attending Ball State University. One negative is that the drivers in Muncie are not always the nicest and never seem to watch where they are going causing walking around campus to be quite dangerous. People have to be aware of their surroundings in order to stay safe while getting to and from class by crossing roads. Also, classes can sometimes be stressful but Ball State is full of great faculty members that are more than willing to help students with any problems.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the students that aren't motivated at all. They frustrate me, because of the fact that there are many people out there in the world that don't have the option to attend college, but there are people lucky enough to go to school and they choose to waste everyone's time. I have sat in many classes and watched too many fellow students lay their heads on their desks and fall asleep, having a complete disregard for others and their own educational well-being.

The most frustrating thing about Ball State University is the lack of equipment in the science labs. I am in an analytical chemistry lab right now and there are only two spectrophotometers available for a whole class of people. This limits not only my experience in the lab, but also everyone else's because we have to work in groups of three or four in order to get the lab done. I feel as though I would have more experience and a better education if I was able to figure the equipment out by myself.

The most frustrating thing about Ball State is the number of people trying to get in to the same class as you and, the school not offering enough courses for that class. For certain majors, there is a strict schedule of classes that you need to take and if you get off track with that schedule you are likely to fall behind and wont be able to graduate on time. A few classes are only offered once and those are the ones you cannot get into when several students need the same class.

The most frustrating thing about Ball State University is their dining system. The meal plans are set up so that students lose money if they cannot make it to a dining location during the hours for each meal. There are set amounts of money for each meal that can only be spent during those meal times, and if a student doesn't spend all that money, it does not roll over. Students also lose money if they go home for the weekend because they are not there to spend their meal money.

The most frustrating part about Ball State University are simple facts that are true with any school. I don't like the fact that people are able to sleep in until 2 p.m., go to a class, drink during the evening, and then go back to sleep. Meanwhile, I am trying to bust my butt to get a B in a class. That is really frustrating to me. I don't like that we try to fit the mold of being a "party school". I don't understand why that is so appealing.

There are a lot of people who aren't thinking about their futures - partiers, sports players, etc. I hate to have to categorize it like that, but it is a reality that everyone has to accept. When you can get past these people you can start looking at yourself and motivating yourself to do well in school, and be able to be around these peopl, based on the fact that you are going to go further in life than they are.

The most frustrating thing about Ball State is the fact that the Office of Financial Aid is unwilling or unavailable to work with students to find money for school. Not all students who don't qualify for federal aid have all of their school paid for and it would be really nice to have the opportunity to speak with someone would could point me in the direction of financial aid and do so quickly.

The most frustrating thing about my school is there is to much to do. I feel sometimes I can become overwhelmed with things to do and don't have enough time for school work.. I feel that I need friends and a social life and that tends to make my school work and grades suffer. It frustrates me that I feel I can't say no to all the activities because everyone else is doing them.

Well, at Ball State University there is still a huge rift in social groups. In High School I had friends of all races and ethinicities, but for some reason at Ball State the black population looks at me crazy when I'm eating lunch with a friend who is caucasian. I've come to find that racism is more of a problem for black young people than anyone else.