Ball State University

« See more reviews of Ball State University

The absolute best things about Ball State have to be the resources provided. Everything imaginable is available to students from state of the art facilities and dedicated professors, to immersive learning projects and extracurricular activities. There are technology labs located in every building, in addition to a fantastic wireless network, which gave Ball State recognition by Intel as the nation's top wireless campus in 2005. There are great ways for students to have fun and get to know each other. Including "Late Night," which is a series of high energy events and quality entertainment for students every Saturday night.

I consider passion the best thing about Ball State University. Every student truly cares about his/her classes and puts grades above everything. Not only are students passionate about academics, but also getting involved with other activities. There is a club or organization for almost every interest imaginable, and most students are involved in one or more. Sports also falls under the category of passion. Students are very supportive of all sports offered at Ball State. Each and every student I have talked to has nothing but wonderful things to say about Ball State University.

The best thing about Ball State is the professors. At many universities students are placed in large lecture halls where they become a number. The professors of these classes just stand up front and lecture and usually don't care at all how their students do, or whether they even show up to class at all. Although there are many large lecture classes at Ball State, all of the professors seem to genuinly care about their students performance. The professors work hard to learn their students names and offer many opportunities for students to get help if needed.

I have been at Ball State for 6 years now and have been able to witness changes across campus from day one. From landscaping, to new buildings (the David Letterman Building), and new dorms, Ball State has been changing in appearance, but also redefining education. The programs here have upmost respect and students will gain a quality education within every department. Ball State has always felt like "home," not too big and not too small. Walking around Ball State's campus, it is easy to run into a familiar face and fee comfortable.

The architecture. There is a sort of theme running through all the buildings, but most of them are unique, beautiful, and interesting. From ornate, beautiful Lucina, which was a residence hall decades ago; to Pruis Auditorium, allegedly designed to look like a grand piano; to the recently-constructed Letterman building, a soaring cathedral of a building made of glass, concrete, and odd angles; to Schafer Bell Tower in the middle of campus, Ball State is instantly recognizable just by catching a glance of any corner of campus.

There's a lot of activities to do on the weekend such as Late Night. Late Night is great! It's every Saturday night, and each night there's a different theme. Also each night, there are some different activities. There's always a dance floor to get the groove on. One time there was a caracature artist. She drew pictures for free! Those things at amusement parks run about $30-40. It's always a great way to have fun. Guests are only a $1 if they aren't a student at the school. Saturday nights are never boring.

The best thing about the school is that a lot of people really like to be here. The teachers here try their hardest to help you whenever you need them by giving you their extensions and office times, there is so much extracuricular learning sports and recreation here to involve everyone, and the campus is comfortable and not too big. You can get from place to place with ease and there are so many study and learning areas on campus to help you with whatever things that you may need.

I think the best thing about my school is the atmosphere. You can do almost anything you want. You can study anywhere on campus, people are really friendly and helpful. BSU is kept really clean and tidy so there isn't trash all over the streets and sidewalks. Right now there is some construction going on around campus, but the construction crews are really careful and aware of when students are around. BSU is just an overall great place to get a higher education.

The best thing about Ball State is the people. Everyone here is friendly and willing to help you out if you ask them for help. Students are friendly towards one another and the professors are approachable. This makes it a bit easier to be so far from home. I've never been away from home for more than a week and I was afraid of being left on my own for a long period of time. However, the friendliness of everyone here made it really easy to make the adjustment.

The professors here at Ball State know what they are teaching you and want you to know that information as well. They don't mind answering questions to allow you to be successful once you leave the classroom. It is clear that for the most part, the professors are sincerely there to help you learn all that they are able to teach you. This is not a college where people are happy to see you fail. There are multiple support groups even outside of the staff!