Ball State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Ball State University

I love Ball State! I'm allowed to be myself while still being challenged academically. I'm so happy here. My professors are incredible. They understand why I chose to go to college. I've been given many opportunities, and I've only just finished my first semester!

Alex

I like it here much better than IUPUI. People are way more outgoing, but you have to find someone to get you "in" to most groups. I have a very hard time finding people that want to spend time with me, and I believe this is because I don't live in the dorms or near campus.

Caitlin

Ball State offers what a lot of other universities do. They have a large selection of activities to be apart of outside of the classroom and the majority faculty wants students to be successful. The surrounding area is nothing special, general college town.

xavier

Ball State is a unique experience involving multiple aspects of life. Whatever you can think of Ball State has it. No opportunity goes wasted here. There are multiple hands on facilities that allow you to feel as if you're actually in the field which benefits the student in the long run.

Amariah

My overall opinion of Ball State University is that it is a great school that really cares about the education and safety of students. There's plenty safe activities to partake in even on the weekends, the food is so good, and the faculty seems really nice. I cannot wait to be a cardinal next year.

Ball State University is the definition of a perfect sized college -- there are plenty of people to meet on campus and the classes are small enough to where you can build a relationship with your professor and classmates. On top of that, Ball State offers a wide variety of majors and minors and is among one of the top colleges in the area for some of those career fields. Outside of class there are many things to do -- catch a game at Worthen Arena, join one of the many clubs, take part in our (limited) Greek life, or hang out in quad. However, the only down side is there is not much to do off campus. Muncie is your typical small town, and the closest big city is Indy, which is an hour away. If you're looking for a college based on size and academics, Ball State is the number one choice. If you're basing your college decision on Greek life and the surrounding city, you might want to look into other colleges.

Colin

I love the campus and the community. The professors are extremely helpful and easy to talk to. The campus is really clean and overall pretty safe as long as you stay relatively close to campus. The Village has some good bars and restaurants if you are into that. There is a lot of housing on campus and nearby that finding a suitable house or apartment should never be an issue!

Ball State is a great place to learn and make lifelong friends if you really put yourself out there. There are activities, clubs, and groups to match every unique personality. Or if you're someone who likes to do things solo, there are plenty of activities for that too! But, I encourage you to put yourself out there and go outside of your comfort zone to get the most out of your time here at Ball State! Chirp, chirp!

I'm in love with Ball State! As soon as I went on my first college visit here, I knew this was the place that I needed to be, and I couldn't be happier with my choice. It's a fantastic community where students can easily find friends, clubs, academic advising, tutoring, events, and plenty of amazing opportunities for them to learn and grow. I love my classes, my teachers, the building I live in, the friends I've made, and I'm also in love with our beautiful campus. Ball State will truly be my home for the next four years.

Alexis

I loved this campus. It seemed very friendly and safe. Can't wait to visit again! This school seems like a really great place to go to college. Compared to other schools that I have visited, this school seems like the best choice! The atmosphere of the school really has a good feel.

Julia

It’s truly a vibrant place. There is always something going on. The people are kind. The campus is beautiful. The food is good. The employees (professors all the way to bus drivers) are very kind. They never hesitate to answer any questions you may have.

Ball State University is a great school academically, socially, and a great place to develop individually. I find it is very easy to figure out classes based on my major, the teachers are always willing to help their students and everyone overall on campus is very friendly!

Reginald

Ball State is a great school. As a black man, I would like to see more diversity at the school but overall I love the environment. I enjoy being at school, the environment is friendly, and I feel welcomed and at home. I enjoy going to Ball State. I love it here.

Dan

Ball State boasts its disability services but this is little more than wheel chair ramps, extra test times, and a pat on their own back. They prioritize recruiting freshman who will later fail out while still being stuck in a two year dorm lease.

Rebekah

Ball State has given me a new outlook on life, opening my eyes to so many different possibilities I can partake in. The academics are tough, but push you to the best of your ability, The teachers are normally very accessible and provide good feedback on homework and quizzes. The campus life itself is a blast, you never knew how much fun you could have until you've witnessed a Ball State weekend. This school is everything I could ask for in a school, and I'm proud to be a Cardinal. #ChirpChirp

Quinn

I think Ball State is a decent school. I don't enjoy living away from home but because it is the closest school with my intended major, I had no choice. That said, I haven't been too homesick and I feel very safe here. The food is alright but if you're somewhat of a picky eater like I am, the options can get very repetitive. I plan on living off campus this year, but I lived in Noyer on campus and it was a great residence hall for being one of the cheapest. There wasn't any A/C, but it was located basically in the middle of everything, the rooms were a good size, and there was a dining center on the bottom floor. I've heard Ball State as being hyped up as a party school before but I don't know that I would call it that. I've been to a few parties but they weren't out of control or anything.

Alysia

I have completed my first year at Ball State and cannot wait to be back on campus. I feel safe there and meet so many new people both in the classroom and out. I have been able to join many different organizations on campus, including College Mentors For Kids. The experience I have had so far is amazing, in my mind nothing can top Ball State.

Philomena

Ball State University is overall pretty average as far as public universities go. It does, however, have a few points decidedly in its favor. It has a wonderful artistic program (both in terms of fine and performing arts). Additionally, its Honors College is fantastic. Both the professors and students in the Honors College are intelligent and engaging.

Danielle

It's a pretty good school. I have attended for a few years, and it has been going pretty well. People are nice, there are always people to talk with and who can help you out, and even if you are struggling, you can always find someone there to help, whether it be a tutor or just someone in the class. It is a good school and is generally great.

Aasia

I love Ball State. The professors really care about their students and want them to succeed. The students are well-rounded and very easy to get along with. There is a mix of people and different cultural backgrounds so you can always find a home somewhere. That was huge for me. I love it here! I would make the same decision ten-fold over.

Caleb

I like Ball State very much. The professors usually make sure students understand the content that is being taught. Many often use personal time outside of their office hours to help students that ask. The campus is nice. It is a medium sized campus with a great library and other facilities. The food is pretty good and the staff are friendly.

Nicholas

When I first visited Ball State University, I knew it was where I wanted to go for my undergrad because I felt so at home in the College of Architecture and Planning. While I don't LOVE Ball State after attending for 3.5 years, it will always hold a special place in my heart and I don't regret coming here because I've met wonderful friends and professors. I've learned a lot and sometimes I might not give my program enough credit because I think it is often overlooked on a more global scale. Ball State isn't exactly an amazing school, but I have found wonderful professors who will help you with anything and there are opportunities to be had for those who are willing to find them.

Aimee

My overall opinion of Ball State University is that is an amazing place to receive a post-secondary education. The professors will connect with their students on a personal level, the classes are challenging, and the opportunities to jump-start your career are plentiful. Educationally, it is superb. Culturally, it is outstanding as well. The dorms are kept clean and very pleasing to live in, even if you are placed into an older dorm. The social scene is ever present. The University Program Board, one of the college's most prominent organizations, always has events going on, as does the Residence Hall Association and many other organizations. Night life on the weekends is safe and fun. Late nights at the Student Center have tons of interesting activities and fraternity row always has parties on the weekends. Overall, the education and social life at Ball State University is not comparable to other colleges. It is unique and fun for everyone. Ball State University prepares its students for exceptional careers.

Gavin

My overall opinion of Ball State is very positive. I feel very strongly about Ball State and it will definitely always be a big part of my life. I love the campus and it's smaller feel. The people are generally nice and most professor seem to really care about their students.

Kaitlyn

I really enjoy going to Ball State. I’ve met three really good friends, that I’ve managed to keep in contact over the summer. The teachers I had were great and super helpful. I do wish there was a class that helped you pick a career if you go into the school as an undecided major but the advising staff are amazing and help whenever they can.

Overall, I think Ball State is an excellent university to attend. The campus size is perfect for walking to classes, no matter where. The class sizes and students are always great to where there's always time to ask questions or someone willing to answer. i also believe that the professors here on campus truly believe in the success of the students. My professors have always been 100% supportive of my questions, concerns and assignments.

Madison

Ball State has been my dream school since freshman year in high school. I have always felt accepted by everyone and the atmosphere has always been nothing but warm and welcoming. I love my floor mates and our late night cooking sessions. I really enjoy my psychology teacher, Dr. Forbey. He genuinely makes me interested in class. I love Ball State University.

I love the campus, it is smaller than any big ten college but not so small you could jog around the whole thing in five minuetes. It has a lovely homey feel, the surroundings just invite you like the people do. Everyone I talk to including professors are extremely helpful!

Madeline

I love being at Ball State, but I wish they had more healthy options for food and drinks and I wish there was a way to save meals that you have not used. I believe that if a student already knows what major they want to pursue they should have the option rather than forced to take all of the "BSU required core classes." I wish there were bike lanes and the campus should give more time for students to move their vehicles if they have to usually park in the stadium.

It's a small but beautiful campus. Professors are very friendly and want to see students do well and succeed. All of the campus housing has either been updated or in the process of being updated. Facilities are very nice. It is well respected school and as an Indiana resident it was reasonable in price. I am very happy with my choice to study here.

elijah

i think its a pretty great school. at times it feels like a little community. the munciie people are generally pretty nice and the bus system is pretty reliable. also there are plenty of ubers and lifts driving on weekends and weekdays. the parties are usually pretty awesome especially the ones thrown by black sororities and frats.

Alex

I am really loving Ball State as a freshman, I've been meeting a variety of people, especially living in the international dorm and getting to know them has been super fun! Making friends and getting plugged into my areas of expertise! Ball State does an impeccable job of offering something for everyone to find their niche.

Wyatt

I absolutely love Ball State. I am a transfer student from Ohio and Ball State welcomed me in with open arms. The transition from community college to a University was very easy and smooth. Ball State offers many clubs and activities for the programs they offer, especially mine. Ball State also has very good events. Chirp Fest being one of them.

Mikayla

Ball State University supports living-learning communities. They provide all of the means necessary for every student to graduate from free tutors in the learning center to helpful librarians. The professors provide great feedback, and are always here to help!

Rheaunna

Ball State University does a wonderful job with making sure that the college community is indeed a community. There are so many opportunities for students to get involved in organizations and stay connected with activities that they are interested in. All of the professors that I have had have been friendly and easy to talk to.

logan

Overall I have very much enjoyed my experience here at Ball State University, there is plenty to do and the classes are challenging yet manageable. When I first arrived at Ball State I was worried that I would have trouble finding friends and not really fit into the "college lifestyle"; however with all the activities, clubs, events, sports and just everything that Ball State offers, it was hard to not get involved and integrated into the family at Ball State.

Peter

There's a great atmosphere surrounding Ball State; campus life is lively and full of good spirit Academics are taken very seriously and there are plenty of new opportunities to learn, grow, and challenge yourself. We have a plethora of extracurricular activities that delve into nearly every subject you can imagine. The staff on campus, both professors and service, are always kind and helpful. We have a tobacco free campus that promotes a healthy lifestyle; both mentally and physically. In addition, the on campus housing is decent. The facilities provided are adequate and there is a sense of community among neighbors. Although most elements of campus are nice, there are a few places on campus that could use some help. One of those places being the Cooper Science building. Frankly, it's outdated and ugly; the building is practically falling apart. Overall, it's a place that i'm more than happy to call home.

Chancey

I love Ball State University. I was very unsure about on-campus life and how I would fit in. However, within the first few weeks, I felt completely at home. Though it wasn't easy to adjust to being in a brand new environment with strangers, I was welcomed with open arms. Not only are the professors kind and extremely helping, most of the students are very inviting and easygoing. I made a really great group of friends and was able to find where I fit in. There are so many opportunities to get involved and several events that encourage student participation. Academically, it's very good, students learn so much and professors are very willing to help and are committed to their students. Overall, BSU has a great atmosphere, good places to eat, and is just an incredible place to call your home away from home. I am going into my sophomore year and am beyond excited for what the year will hold for me!

Liz

Ball State has a great atmosphere. There are plenty of organizations to join - there is something for everyone. The professors are accessible and seem to genuinely care about their subject and their students' success. It is more fine arts orientated than sports, but that is okay! Any sort of help you may need is available through the college.

Haley

My overall opinion of BallState is a perfect size College where your classes are only a few steps away as well as how there's always something to do. They are currently trying to upgrade and remodel some of the buildings to attract the attention of future students and have fantastic majors. Chirp Chirp!

Haylea

I have really appreciated my many visits to Ball State University. The campus is absolutely beautiful, and the students there are very patriotic to their own school. I believe that this school is a great place to attend, with the enthusiastic and kind student body, the great meals, and the wonderful dorms. The people have always made me feel welcome.

Daniel

Ball State is a wonderful college with plenty to offer to many types of students. There is partying that happens, but it is all off-campus, and Ball State promotes a healthy environment for all students. If you want a college where a majority of the teachers care about you succeeding, Ball State is the place to go.

Alexandra

Ball state is an excellent school with many opportunities to get involved. It is big enough to meet new people and find a group that fits your exact interests, but small enough to offer small class sizes and one on one attention. At Ball State you are a person, not a number. We are a family here, and you are valued for your individuality.

Christina

Ball State University is in the college town of Muncie. It's a good school if you like to travel places on the weekends or just stay to study on the weekends. Yet, there is a lot to do in many organizations and you can find friends easily. Just keep an open mind honestly

Matthew

As a community Ball State is extremely welcoming , with a genuinely caring student body. You will most likely find lifelong friends if you go here, although there will definitely be growing pains. As an academic college it is okay, they definitely have strengths in Telecommunications, Art, Business, and Education but seem to have let other departments fall behind. And even then some of these departments might be hot messes. Food is okay, nothing to write home about. Depending on which dorm you'll get you'll either fall in love or hate it, it really really depends on where you get placed. However the staff and student staff are very welcoming and always there when you need them. Overall, despite my entering the college on a whim I never once felt out of place, always like a second home and most assuredly supported. I definitely recommend it for anyone in Indiana who is thinking about theater, education, TComm, or Business. However beware, the weather here is very wacky.

Terrah

Overall, it's a nice enough campus with caring professors. While the city of Muncie is not overly friendly towards students, there's plenty of stuff on campus that students can enjoy. If you're interested in Journalism or other News related majors, this is the right place.

Ball State University is an amazing school academically and socially because everyone here is focused on learning and very outgoing and easy to interact with. I would recommend Ball State to anyone who is unsure on where they would want to attend school. It's a liberal school so you learn a little about everything which helps you decide what you want to do.

Teighlor

I love it here! Everything about this school is great! Food choices are great, both healthy and unhealthy options. A ton of extra things to participate in, something for everyone. Love my campus housing, I plan to live on campus again next year as well.

Myra

Ball State University has a welcoming environment. It is an inclusive university that is consistently changing to satisfy the student body. The campus size is ideal and allows for easy flow between classes, even in harsh weather. This university's faculty certainly abides by the Benevolence values it stands for. Students of all race, gender, sexual orientation, and other characteristics are welcome at Ball State and are given a home away from home. That's what BSU is, a home away from home.

I absolutely love Ball State. I could not imagine my four years as an undergraduate being spent anywhere else. I have been provided with everything I need to succeed from excellent classes to supportive professors. My advisor has went above and beyond to help prepare me for life beyond ball state and I appreciate that.