Haviland, KS
Barclay College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Barclay College

Victoria

The faculty is very accommodating and compassionate. They help to keep us focused and on task, they expect us to do our best. The communication between faculty and students are great, they always respond in a timely manner. The students are very caring individuals.

Marissa

I spent my first year on campus and the past three years in the online program, so I feel I can offer a fairly comprehensive view of the school. I will never hesitate to recommend Barclay. If you are in a position where you need to work, I recommend looking into the online program - Haviland is a blink-and-you-miss-it-town. The benefit to the small size, however, is a very tight knit and supportive community, both on campus and the town surrounding. Both on campus and online, courses are stimulating and engaging, and staff and other students are always easily reached.

Mason

Barclay College is a great small town college. The faculty is always available and it is obvious that they care about how you are doing as a student as well as a person. The location leaves much to be desired especially if you are from a big city. The closest Walmart is twenty minutes away. There is not much to do on campus. They have a frisbee golf course on campus.

Bill

Teachers care but the staff look out only for the image of the college. Food sucks. Waay to much drama.

Barclay College is a close-knit community of Christian believers who all are under the understanding that they are at this college to get closer to the Lord. This keeps the campus both safe and understanding. The professors are extremely personable and love to both help you do better and find solutions for you.

Joseph

I've gotten two primary things out of my college experience so far. The first is the vast amount of imformation I have learned about myself. I have learned about how I think and my personality through temperament study. I have learned about what I will be good at and enjoy after I finish my classes based on that information. Through my proffesors I am already in contact with someone about work after I am finished with school. The next major thing I have gotten out of this college is the growth I have experienced in my faith. I have been taught substatialy about things I can do to further my relationship with me creator. Not only have they taught me these things but through their process I have been encouraged to actually taking the steps to do that. My growth in my relationship with God and my faith in Him has been the greatest thing to happen to me while taking classes with this school.

Anybody that wants to learn about themselves, leadership, or christianity should attend this school. They provide great learning proccesses for personal growth and awareness. I've learned more about myself in the past six months than I have in most of my life. My teachers and advisers have been very passionate about my growth as a leader. The center of everything is Jesus. All teachings are either based or focused on Christ.

The most frustrating thing about this school is finding a way to pay for my own personal expenses while attending.

All of my classmates are friendily, outgoing, encouraging, and really welcoming to other students.

I would tell myself to study harder. I would also tell myself that when you ge to college do not be afradi to get involved in things right away. It is a great way to meet people and become more involved with the school. Also I would tell myself to just not worry so much and know that you wil make new friends and that al wil be okay.

That is has few resources as far as jobs go. At least that is if you want a job that is not on campus. The nearest towns are at leats 10 miles away.

Jonathan

Barclay college is best known for the Bible classes offered and how they prepare students for leadership positions in real life. There have been several students enter the mission field, who have made themselves widely known in many different areas. Creating leaders for the future is more important in today's society because of how lacking the world is in good leaders, Barclay College does this very well and they will continue to do it in the future.

If I could go back in the time and give myself advice about college, I would first of all talk about how the off-campus life differs so much from on- campus. I would recommend trying to get an on-campus dorm room so you could build your social network faster and experience the life a little more. I would then highly suggest you go to college right after high school rather than wait a few years. When you are an older student in a college learning is more difficult and you have to work much harder than you are expecting to. The people you meet are great, they are very interested in having you as a part of their life, and no matter what goes on there is always somone standing by to help you out. Last I would say to get married after college rather than before you start. Married life is awesome, but when you are in college it is sometimes very hard to devote time to everything you need to. By not having a spouse in college you give yourself more freedom to participate in the campus activities. Have fun and study hard in everything possible.

The worst thing about this college is probaably the area it is located. It is located in a very rural area where there are fewer jobs and students have to drive more often to find jobs. I believe if there were more jobs offered by the community that the college would thrive, more than it is now, on their enrollment.

They are very understanding and giving, always there for eachother and for people in the community.

I would tell myself to always do what I need to do, focus on school and not be social. There is always time to have fun but you are there and paying for your education. Also, when taking private lessons, apply your self and practice throughout the week. And the most important is to just be yourself no matter what. Everyone is trying to find themselves so dont be afraid of who are and dont listen to people who try to pull you down.

This school is a Christian school that focuses on growing in your faith so someone should not come if they are Christian.

Barclay College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.