New York, NY
Barnard College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Barnard College

Arielle

No matter what, you will succeed. So don't worry about being too career-focused. Instead, ask yourself, what would make you happiest? And follow that.

It's got a great sense of comraderie. The girls really stick up for each other and really bond. It gives its students a great sense of empowerment.

Despite being at a co-ed university, it's actually very hard to meet guys.

Megumi

Barnard College is best known for being one of the best women's liberal arts college in the United States. It boasts the small-community and supportive atmosphere, compounded with the large educational opportunities possible through academic relationship with the other schools of Columbia University. It's strength in women's study and dance majors are also reasons why some students choose Barnard over its competitors.

Barnard College is a high-quality, but also a small liberal arts college; consequently, it will not suit persons that seek a large university experience. Those interested in specialized majors (such as nutrition and hospitality), as well as those that are interested in agriculture-related studies will find Barnard unfulfilling. If you are also the kind of person that want a more hands-off, larger student-to-teacher ratio type of classes, do not choose Barnard. Moreover, those who dislike large cities like New York City, should not attend the school.

Uchenna

These school is for Type-A, female personalities who know what their goals are and will do whatever it takes to achieve them.

So far, I have learned how to balance my academic and social life. This is an important skill for the future because there will be times where I will have to juggle my job and my personal life.

The best thing about my school is the competative atmosphere in a fun, intellectually stimulating, and exciting environment. What can be better than going to school in New York City?

Zi

Full of young, beautiful, strong and ambitious Barnard ladies who go to classes with classy Burberry coat, Comfy minnetonka flats and a cup of Starbucks Coffee!

I ll say to my self: "Enjoy the time when you can be considered as a naughty kid while sometimes think deeply what is your real passion and interest in the future." College life seems more loose than high school life but in fact I always feel like I am rushing and have no time to be "myself." However, if I could enjoy myself more during senior year and go to college with a relatively clear goal, everything will be different for me right now.

It might be the few or the only place where you ll see a girl with thick glasses solving unbelievable hard math questions in the classroom one miniute ago but the found her dancing beautifully and confidently in the dance studio the next mintue. Oh my god, Barnard girls are really versatile and talented!

elizabeth

I would tell myself to relax about social as well as academic issues. It is most important to feel happy and confident, and thereby to get enough sleep. Put health first for success in other realms.

The cozy, contained, centralized campus lends an easy sense of community. Lodged in the heart of NYC the location could not be better.

The ideal Barnard student cares deeply about art, science, or the news. She is industrious, friendly, and highly dedicated. Barnard prospectives should expect to work hard, and should choose Barnard on the strength of the school's academic excellence and supportive atmosphere. Though Barnard students rightly have their share of fun, the party school weekly drinking paradigm is not exactly the Barnard reality.

mayelin

My classmates are very different even though they have the similar background. Most of my classmates are white and range between upper and middle-class. Some are down to earth and are concerned with helping others, they understand if someone is underpriviledge. Others are not as tolerate and have narrow-minded views. But most of my classmates are very nice and they will go out of their way to help you out no matter if you are a first year or sophomore. They are giving and proud to be strong, beautiful Barnard women.

The first thing that I would tell myself is that even though I am academically disadvantaged I was admitted to the same place that other students who attended expensive private schools did--and I should not let this intimidate me. I was admitted because I am capable of doing the work but I needed to make some adjustments. One of those changes would have to be my study habits. I would suggest when doing a reading to summarize each paragraph in less than 10 words, write handwritten notes and then type them up in outline form--so that when exams come around I would have a study guide ready. I would also tell myself to practice reverse outlines so that I would get comfortable with them. I would suggest to get out of comfort zone and join clubs that I would not have typically joined in high school. I joined a club whose members are mostly Muslims. Although most of the time I am the only non-Muslim attending the events I have made so many friends, learned so much about the culture and ate great food. I absolutely love it! I wish that I would have done this earlier.

I had wish that I had known that going to college was not just an educational journey, it was also a mental one. I knew that my school lacked diversity but when I finally began to take classes I began to see things that disturbed me. For instance in several of my classes, I was the only Latina. At first, it was overwhelming but with time I got over it. I remember once that I got into a heated debate with nine other students and no agreed with me but I still had the courage to argue my point.

Karina

Be sure to really take the time to do your reading during the semester. The semester-end cram sessions are definitely not worht it! Also have fun and be sure to take advantage of all the weird andinteresting classes that your school offers. You'll never really get the chance to explore the world this way again.

Adventurous, outgoing, interesting people. There definitely is a "Barnard Girl" feeling that all of my friends from college had. They were definitely not all the same, but it was always an eclectic mix of intellegence, interesting personal history, and and eagerness to share with other people.

That I spent four years surrounded by amazing women and taking incredible classes both at Barnard and Columbia. But I didn't have to deal with the Columbia red tape.

Rebecca

I would advise myself to relax more. College is so different from high school, and a lot of it can't be quantified. Go visit the colleges and see how you feel about them. That's more important than the random facts thrown at you by college counselors.

The senior thesis- it isn't optional like it is at Columbia, and it's tedious.

That there was no official linguistics major (that's my major).

Margaret

Finding your niche takes time and the people you meet right away could and could not be your best friends, so just give everyone a chance but don't spend time with people that you know right away are not for you.

I love that I can take all the advantages of being in the City, but return to a quiet, residential campus free of all the downtown distractions.

I wish I had known that the financial aid office seriously cuts your aid once you're a sophomore, regardless of identical or worse economic status.

Barnard College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.