Barnard College

« See more reviews of Barnard College

The acapella and dance groups are really popular. i'm involved with peace by peace- we teach conflict resolution to students in the neighborhood. Some students leave their doors open, although most do not. Athletic events are not very popular at all. I met my closest friends from Hillel and my hall. People party on weekends. There is so much to do in NYC!

Barnard is not the best place for a social life, at least in my experience. If you are looking for a campus-oriented/frat party social scene, this is not the place for you. You can't do much in terms of partying without a fake I.D. If you are into cultural things in the city,however, this place is great. New york has so much to offer.

If I'm awake at 2 am on a tuesday, I am probably in the library, a study lounge, or my suite, studying. And there are a lot of people around me most probably, also studying. I like that about barnard, the strong academic motivation, but it's not overkill, because you can always find people to do stuff with.

This is hard, and perhaps my one big issue with Barnard. As a school in the city, there isn't that much of a campus social life, and you sort of have to take things as they come. But a social life is easy to forge, just don't expect to spend your Saturday nights in dorm parties.

Social life at Barnard takes place mostly off campus with groups of friends. My experience was that there wasn't too much to do on campus, but I did not really make an effort to get involved.

There is no social life at Barnard aside from clubs. If you are not involved with them then there is nothing. On the weekends people go downtown to clubs and bars in small groups.

I am co-captain of the Columbia University Equestrian club. The Equestrian club is like a family and we have a lot of fun together.

You're in New York City - the sky's the limit!

NEW YORK CITY!!! Make the best of it...