Miami, FL
Barry University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Barry University

Venice

I would have attended college right after high school. It was very hard financially to care for a family while attending college. Time management was also an issue because of family obligations.

Moniqua

Barry has alot of community service opportunities. There are always events going on and this is good because it elps us meet new people and helps to keep us busy. We also have a reading/writing lab and math lab for extra help which is great.

If I were able to go back and time, I would advise myself to research financial aid options and to make the best decision on whether or not going farther away from home is best. I have had a great Fall semester at Barry Univeristy. I am a very friendly, outgoing person, the only issue I have is that I still have a balance and it is the end of this semester. I have received the maximum amount of financial aid that I am able to have and I am unable to apply for a private loan because I do not have a cosigner, so I would definitely advise myself to apply for more scholarships and make sure financially secure. I would also advise myself to take the time to deliberate if going far is good. I would choose staying closer to home as it is much more convenient.

I wish I would have know if I could afford it or not. This is a great campus and I relly like the new people I meet everyday. But, I am in a stump because the school year is almost over and I still owe over $1,000.

Yolette

Life in high school was more about peer acceptance and less focus on the academic component. The friends would spend time socializing, not paying attention to the teachers, thus neglecting the schoolwork. We were never ready for exam because we did not take time to study, but at the last moment. The advice that I would give to myself is not to wait at the last moment to complete school assignments and study for exam. There is a time to hang out with friends and there is a time for school work. I would give priority to my education rather than peers. When missing on basic components of certain subjects in high school like English or math, the student would have difficulty in college understanding such subject. The college instructors often reply "you should have known that from high school" . As a result, subjects that should have been easy in college now become difficult and the academic performance is affected. Now I invest more time and effort into my education. I feel more comfortable taking my exams and maintaining my GPA.

Barry University has a friendly atmosphere. Every staff that I encounter makes you feel welcome. I feel comfortable going to classes. The instructors are very professional. They not only make it easy for the students to understand the subject, they make the students feel comfortable to come to the instructor's office for help.

This is my first semester at Barry University. I have not experienced any frustration yet.

Cassandra

Barry University was the only school that decided to give me a chance. I applied to 10 nursing schools and they were the only one's that accepted me. Most of the staff are approachable regarding an academic or personal issue. They really work with us and conduct meetings every semester to get our input on what could be better within the nursing program. In the middle of the campus is the Cor Jesu chapel, since Barry was started from catholic priest they decided that Jesus should be the center of the campus, most activites are centered in this area.

Pick a school major and stick to it. Because, I wasn't sure of what I wanted to do it caused me to switch many times which caused me to remain in school for a longer period of time. If you received a refund from the government, don't spend it frivolously but invest in CDs in a bank or a savings account that you can't touch because when you really need the money you will struggle to find it. I would definitely complete the 2+2 program which is when you complete 2years at a community college and 2years at a university. Community colleges offer the same education and sometimes the professors work at the local university and community college. I would definitely say if you are getting a car after high school to get a inexensive BRAND new car (honda, toyota, or nissan) because for at least 3yrs you will have a guarantee and the car will be in good condition without having to worry if it will get you to your clinical site. Do not fail classes because of friends and do all extra credit whether you are doing good in the class or not!

The worst thing about my school is the parking. If you are not here by 8am the main parking lot is full and we have to park in the overflow parking a block away. If a student is running late, they tend to park on the grass and get a $40 ticket. It is also expensive. It cost almost 14k a semester and since I want to finish school I have to pay but since I only qualify for loans and I have the maximum allowed amount from the government I'm am still short on my tuition.

Isaura

I would tell myself that I need to take every oppportunity that comes my way to really experince everything that college life has to offer. Meaning, being more than just your average university student, I should get involve in different organizations, clubs and becoming an active participant in my university. Most important of all I would tell myself that I can make a difference in my future, my university and the world.

Ryan

I would not change one thing about my senior year of highschool. I worked hard in school and graduated from two National Honor Societies and was the captain of the wrestling team. At Don Bosco Prep I balanced my time between school work and extracaricular activies, and forged friendships that will last a life time.

Maria

Barry university is a racially diverse school, including students and staff.

Barry university is a racially diverse school, including students and staff.

A few problems i have encountered many times are, getin my books too late making me fall behind on homework. From that leading to bad sleeping habits. My advice from now to my myself as a highschool student would be to buy the books early to be on time and maybe even ahead for doing readings and homework. Another advice would be to never take a difficult class durring a summer term.

As of now the only bad thing about Barry is the cost of tuittion as well as housing.

Ariel

I would encourage myself to think more carefully about my decision. If given the opportunity I would have went into more depth in attempting to choose the college that is best suited for me. As a senior one does not have the time that is needed to make such an important decision.

The most frustrating thing about Barry is the financial aid department. Most workstudy jobs that interest students are either not optional or not available. The aid provided is not nearly enough to cover the charges. It seems that they provide the students who can afford to pay for they're education with the bulk of aid.

Mandy

The road to success will not be easy. There will be many obstacles alone the way that will push to the egde, but don't fall, off stand strong, and fight to the end. Remember hard work pays off. If everything was giving to you on a silver plater what sense of self pride would you gain from it if i you didnt work hard for it? no at all......... So be thankful for the tough teachers, the loads of work, and exams back to back it is only preparing you for the career of your choice.

Someone who is not willing to work hard to succeed.

The education is very important at my school. They are many tutoring programs for all majors for those who are have issues in classes. teachers are alwyas willing to go over and beyond to help a student understand the course. There is no reason to fail at my school unless you just do not apply yourself.

Stacy

Barry University is a school full of many different ethnic backgrounds and cultures to explore.

As seniors in high school, many students stay close to home to avoid financial problems and becoming homesick. If I could go back in time, I'd follow the footsteps of my classmates and go to a University closer to home. I'd also be sure to use my time wisely and apply for as many scholarships as possible to help my college education to be more affordable. I'd also give myself the advice to stay focused on school work, because college work is a lot harder and more serious than high school. I'd also be sure to attend counseling services for choosing the right major to make sure that I was really interested in my intended major. I'd be sure to warm myself that college is the most serious part of my life and once the opportunity is gone, it may not come back.

The best thing about Barry University is that the small class size creates a more personal learning environment for students, resulting in a better overall education and training for the student's intended profession. Barry University's professors and staff really care about the student's future's and will do all that they can to help the student achieve their goals and dreams.

Barry University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.