Miami, FL
Barry University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Barry University

Adriel

Barry is a great school! The classes are small. So, the professors can help you out even more. They are always available! Always willing to help! The faculty staff are very polite and always there for you. There are so many ways as well to get involved in the school. They help you out with your major and career! It's great!

Tamiya

Barry University is an amazing school to receive your degree at. Their academics are outstanding. The way they have the majors set up, they are set up for each student to succeed in their fields. The only thing I wish this school has is sports teams. This is because of my major, not for my pleasure.

I believe Barry is an extremely good school. It is very diverse and a small community which is a great fit. The have a variety of sports that are competitive such as basketball and rowing. The curriculum is sold and the teachers know what they are teaching.

Lew

Even as a freshman for now, it is a really great to experience a whole new way of life. This university is so event-friendly and have events (and scholarships/competitions) all the time and updates every single day. The professors are nice and willing to help so you can get the that A that you need. Also, they even have vending machines for class supplies; yeah, I know, it may sound common to others, but this is the only university (college/university in general) that have seen have several and that not all are just drinks and snacks.

Tell us about your professors.

All of the professors are very interactive and always willing to help the students so we can all succeed.

adam

Party and have fun, but do not squnder the oppurtunity because it will be much harder as you get older to get back into school and finish. Stay focused and do things in moderation, and if you fall get back up and keep on going. It will make you stronger in the end and show you how much you truly want it.

Options and variety

There is no particular type. You just have to like a mid size campus with a student to techer ratio that is no more that 13:1

CHRISTOPHER

My school is a very unique school with only 9000 students and theyoffer great courses there. They are one of the best school in the state of Florida. Moreover 80% of all professor obtained a doctorate degree.

If I could have go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college life, I would have advice myself to take mys senior year and college more seriously than I had. As result to work harder to get all A's in my classes so I could have gotten more and better opportunities of winning scholarships and grants.

It is a very expensive school. It should have more scholarships opportunity for students than it currently have.

Stephan

I am done with high school and currently in college, but there is one thing I must continue to accomplish. Taking control of the moment. Seizing the moment can be as simple stepping out of your comfort zone to visit a professor during office hours or doing your homework to have time available for your laundry. It seems like practical, but every small decision after high school is practical because you are an adult. Seize the moment over the summer by going to work with a joyful attitude, applying for every scholarship with a positive mindset before and after you complete it. I will be going into my third year and truly say I have yet to master or become an expert at one specific character trait. However, by the time I graduate I want to be able to say my time management skills are one of my biggest strengths. When you graduate, be sure to just be yourself too. Attending college will be life changing. Without maintaining your true personality, you will look in the mirror not recognizing the person in the mirror. To avoid this soul searching process, surround yourself with people that will always build you up.

The most frustrating part of Barry University would be the lack of school spirit. Students walk around with little knowledge about the schools activities and sports. Most of the students are focused on the party life and their studies. Activities seem to be of little interest to the individuals, who attend this university. However, the availability of opportunities are well documented and useful for each person. There is diversity amongst the activities ranging from the Caribbean Student Association to unique fraternities and sororities. Numerous people complain, but if you are unemployed and looking for involvement, Barry is the right place.

hector

If i was to go back to my high school days , i will tell myself to love myself dearly. Embrace every moment of character development and flaws of mines. Dont let Society numb you in such way you are limiting your self from the real world. Take advatange of your resources , extra credit and tutors. You are the key to your own success. Write yourself letters a journal and i is good to read when you are in college to see how you have grown. Dont let moments of poverty, violence or insecurities win victory over you. You are my future , my generation and my truth. What you enjoy in high school you wont like tomorrow. When you reflect in life you will laugh and be embarassed in how nieve or wild you were. Love thyself, Self awareness and appriciation is something i lacked on ,and if i had a chance to rewind into high school . I will give myself a hug and tell myself how important it is for me to accept myself in every way .

I think my school over all is a great school for proffesionals in the social services field . We are credited in Social work, Counseling , and Criminal justice programs. Leading the fact that Miami is number in Hiv/aids , homelessness, and drugs

In order to live at Barry university you need self discpline. Students attend this School because it is in miami. Sorry, to break it to you but this school is strictly about your success and education. They strive for scholars , teachers make sure service leraning and hands on its important to our learning experience. Come with the mindset of creating your character .

Erieka

I know you are in a place right now with no parental guidance and positive role model, but you should go away to college and look at the benefits in the long run. Don't listen to what he is telling you, if he really accepts you for who you are, he will support you. Go for it Erieka, the sky is the limit. You will appreciate it later on.

flexibility of classes for adult learners

Barry University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.