Miami, FL
Barry University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Barry University

Melissa

My classmates are very helpful and give engouragement.

My classmates are very helpful and give engouragement.

Hey Self, transitioning to college life isn't so bad. Don't give up, no matter the situation. Participate in as many organizations in school and in the community as you can. Money is an important part in you education. Apply for as many scholarships as you can. Do them before due date and please don't get discouraged when you don't win a scholarships. Apply for work-study or a part-time job. It will help in the long run. Have a saving account to help payback for those loans if you have to take loans. Networking is important too. So that means, networking, time management, applying for scholarships/grants and getting a job will help you. There are many things you're going to learn and experience. By the way, don't forget you physical, spiritual, and mental health. It might not be a big deal now, but it is vital. You don't want to be a "Zombie". This means that you don't want to be sluggish and not energetic---unhealthy state. Balance is key. This is a alot, but this should help you to consider what you want for your furture. Good luck Self.

I wish I knew that I would have to take a lot of loans for my education.

Sharon

WOW! I am going to be a senior in high school and then off to college next year. There is so much to do. I need to see what I have done and what is yet to do. I am glad I had the foresight to enroll in High School College credit classes this year. It will definitely give me an edge. I need to apply for every scholarship that I can right now - one or two is not enough. I don’t want to be in student loan debt all my life. I already talked to mom and dad about living at home while I get my degree. They agree it will save a lot of money but I still need a part-time job now and a full time job all summer to sock away some money, but I also need to give back to my community by volunteering. That will make me feel good and give me some extra experience on scholarships and job applications – besides it is the right thing to do. I will be fine if I remember school is my main responsibility and prioritize everything else under it. Look out world here I come!

Jahmal

Barry is a very good school they do alot with the students.

Barry is a very good school they do alot with the students.

Hi my name is Jahmal Steen I’m 21 years old. I was born in Columbia South Carolina and my birthday is October 9 1991. I'm a Junior At Barry University. The things that I want to talk about are the hard ship of how my strength have overcome me, interest and the values such as my characteristics. First, I want to talk about hardship of how my strength have overcome me such as financial aid. The financial aid is good to get it because I”m having a hard time with money for school. I stay in a single parent home and its been a struggle to pay this school off because my dad won't contribute anything to the table. For school its expensive because I have to buy books, supplies, pay for a dorm and tuition. Second, I want to talk about the activities that I do such as sport and clubs at school. For sports I ran track all throughout high school. My events for track were 800m dash, 1600m (a mile) and 3200m (2 mile). My best time in the 800m, 1600m .

When it comes to exams its alot of pressure on me

Vanessa

Barry University is a Welcoming, Private, Catholic, Dominican, Educational, Diversified, Healthy, Athletic, Artistic, Religious, Creative, Loving, Notorius, Responsible, Organized, Magnificent, Sensitive, Prideful, Cultural, Intelligent, Familiar, Beautiful, Comfortable, Homey, Appealing, Necessary, Heartwarming, Relieving, Adventerous, Righteous, Popular, Effective, Wonderful, Gratifying, Rewarding, Available, Delicious, Helpful, Rich, Soothing, Fun, Exhilirating, Challenging, Informative, Addictive, Intimidating, Caring, Well -known, Fantastic, Respectable, Humble, Attractive, Lovely, Engaging, Pleasant, Gorgeous, Scrumptious, Admirable, Energetic, Bright, Growing, Eccentric, Queer, Multifarious, Exotic, Preposterous, Outspoken, Breathtaking, Exciting, Romantic, Alluring, Entertaining, Captivating, Luscious, Realistic, Appreciative, Suitable, Honorable, Virtuous, Worthy, Ethical, Faithful, Thrilling, Fair, Refreshing, Funny, Impressive, Stimulating, Nurturing, Expensive yet Affordable Institution and Community.

If I was able to go back in time of my high school senior year, I would remind myself the importance of high school memories. During highschool, my primary intentions were to finish my high school credits and graduate within the specific time frame. I did not give myself enough opportunities to enjoy school spirit with my classmates and chose to turn my entire focus on my graduation date instead. I would definitly warn myself to take the time to not only join afterschool activites but savor the special moments with my high school peers because it does only happen once in a lifetime. Despite my invovlement with Dwight Morrow/Academies@Englewood Marching Band, Chorus, the National Coalition of 100 Black Women Inc. and etc.; I felt like I could have done more volunteer work with a better optimistic attitude instead of viewing them as mandatory high school requirements. Yes it is important to follow and finish the high school requirements in order to graduate; However, it is just as important to gain the positive emotional attachement of the final stages of childhood before becoming an adult in the real world because every individual has only one lifetime to live.

The most frustrating thing about Barry University is time management. As an enrolled Barry student, there is always so many interesting activities avaible on campus that can catch your immediate attention. However, it is a must to set a mandatory time period for your studies because it is the student's responsibility to do so. Each student is referred to as an adult and is expected to act in a responsible manner. If one fails to comprehend and tend to his or her mandatory school related tasks, then the individual will pay for the consequences of his or her actions.

Kristen

Favoritism drives a lot of decisions in this school.

Favoritism drives a lot of decisions in this school.

Adequately research the schools and rate the pros and cons, also do not settle financially, if you have the grades and the ability to pursue a 4-year degree, have been active during your high school career then search for schools that will be happy to have you attend their college (happiness shown by the way you are treated, the package that you are offered). Definitely visit the school, if you can, before making your final decision. Schools may sound wonderful on paper, but since it is a location that you will be staying at for 4 years then it should be a place that you feel comfortable with and/or love. Definitely check on the transportation options to and from the schools and costs for off-campus housing (dorming on campus, while a wonderful opportunity, is costly). I think it is great to live on-campus for your first year to reduce transition and adjustment issues, but as a young adult growing you may want to find your own place after that. If you choose not to move off-campus - then apply for Resident Assistantships - which grants you free dorm and maybe a small stipend.

I think that if you are looking for an authentic college experience, then Barry is not the school for you, when I attended I was not well informed with respect to american universities, but I was attracted to Barry's scenic views and catholic traditions. While it is not the worst school ever, it is not one to go to for that authentic feel.

We have a beautiful campus in the midst of a small city.

We have a beautiful campus in the midst of a small city.

I would tell myself not to worry so much. Worrying caused a lot of uneeded stress and I would save myself from trying to take on so much, you can't be the perfect student. I would also tell myself to think long and hard about my major. I would've made choices earlier and changed my major sooner. That would have taken away even more stress. Lastly, I would tell myself to keep busy and stay involved. I regret quitting certain clubs early, had I stayed I would've have been in charge now. Everything is worth the time and effort, yet I gave it up anyway. Those changes would have made the last year so much easier for me.

If your looking for the party big school atmosphere don't come here.

KeiAuyndria

This school is best known for not having alot of activities that people want to take part in. There are only a couple of somewhat interesting things to do on campus. Also, this school is known for having a football team, track team, or band. If you want to go to a school that has alot of spirit and homecomings, this is not the school for you.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to apply to schools inside of my own state. I had a scholarship from the state and if I had went to school in-state, then I would have to worry less about trying to get scholarships. Also, I probably would tell myself to attend college in my own city. Because I am a resident, my tuition would only be $4,000 and I would also have a car, more money, and would not have to worry about finding storage for my belongings during the summer. Not only would I have those benefits, but I probably would have been able to work while attending college. The final thing I would tell myself is to apply to scholarships early. Most scholarships are for high school seniors and it is very difficult to find scholarships for college sophomores. I wasted alot of money during my freshman year because I was attending an out-of-state school. If I could talk to my self as a high school senior, my life would be much easier for me and my mother.

People who love to party and meet different people who have the same motives should attend this school. Also, if your parents have enough money to pay all of your tuition, then this school is perfect for you. This school was not really a good match for me.

henoc

Barry University is a private, Catholic institution located in Miami, near the Atlantic Ocean and the Everglades. Barry offers more than 100 academic programs, including master’s degrees in the Andreas School of Business, the Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law, and the Adrian Dominican School of Education.

well to me personally i think the school i s a great school i do my my work and that's it no complaint about life moves on

Marina

Look for more opcion and send application to a lot of schools. field up as many schoo.larships as i can to help pay my education. Get good great so that i have mor oportunities.

That financial aids is not good. They always have a problem with the fanancil aids.

Everyone that can aford to go to and that it is really want to continued qith their studies.

Barry University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.