Miami, FL
Barry University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Barry University

Clydia

According to research and information from Barry University, it is most known for their nursing, health sciences, business, teacher education, and liberal arts programs. But do not let that stop you if you are walkinq towards another direction. I am here for a Bachelors in Music (Vocal Performance). So the choices here are a variety.

Out of my college experience so far, as an undergraduate; I have gained strength and independence. I believe those are the two key inner powers you need to make it through years of college. You have to be able to take the things they give you, also the important things you learn and consume it, live with it, and apply it to your future. Stress will be your best friend, but with strength you will over power your inner demons, and learn to take charge, and that's where independence comes in. No one is going to hold your hand 24/7, walking you through your 4 years of college. YOU will have to hold your own hand through the good times and bad and YOU will walk yourself through your four years of learning and growing. YOU have to make each day valuable during your college life and experiences, like I have learned to do.

There are only great things I can say about Barry University, with full honesty. But the best thing about our University is the closeness of our community; family. You don't have to know the next person to walk past you; however, there is never a day when you do not hear a simple, "Hello" or" How are you?". It's always nice to feel at place in a different environment that seems so foreign to you. Barry University has a lot to offer and acceptance is the key thing you need, to survive anywhere you go.

Brittania

My university is centered around making sure that every student gets the help and education that they want with readily available on campus student centers, tutors, etc.

My classmates are very ambitious although some are more laid back then others.

It's easy to understand when your parents tell you that you will appreciate things more when you are the one paying for it. That statement is very true. I believe that I have spent too much money thus far on my education to play around. This school has helped me to become more responsible and to not take my education for granted. Though I may hang out with my friends/classmates, I never make it a point to choose parting over studying because I know that I am in school for a reason. My college experience thus far has been full of tears of both joy and pain but with every tear shed I find my self closer and closer to my goal.

Kiara

I am a country girl from the small town of Mableton Georgia, where diversity is limited and racism is still alive. Growing up I always wanted to break free and explore the world around me, when I got accepted into Barry University I did not know what to expect. My freshman year I was so shocked when I came to Barry because the school was diverse, in Mableton you were either Black, White, or Hispanic, but at Barry everyone was different. Immediately I fell in love with my school because diversity was alive and racism was limited. One thing Barry University has taught me is to love my neighbor because, at the end of the day no matter what color, ethnicity, gender, age, or religion we are all human beings. Barry has been valuable for me to attend because it has introduced me to diverse people and Barry has also provided me wonderful network opportunities so I can succeed in my professional life.

The worst thing about my school is the location. Since my school is in a poverty stricken area the surrounding neighborhoods have high crime rates. Being that the school is surrounded by crime the students can easily be a target especially for dorm room robberies.

ekaterina

Known for the diversity and being a great school

Known for the diversity and being a great school

I have learned to manage my time to focus on my academics and that diversity is one of the greatest things you can have before you go out into the real world. Learned how to be a better student and friend.

Can be very unorganized with dorms and financial aid

Gaston

Barry University is extremely diverse. It is a learning community in which all are embraced and are welcome to be a part of. For me the University population is open minded and willing to listen to each individuals point of view. This in turn allows every student to learn more about the global society we live in.

I have been able to understand various perspecitves and schools of thought. This includes experiences not only inside the classroom but out. My college experience has been full of moments which have turned out to be lifelong lessons that I will be able to use in the work place, in my pursuit of a graduate degree and the rest of my life's journey.

We're close to the beach!. We also talk about how diverse the campus is.

Karen

Barry is a very clean university, with enough green areas available to study or just take a brake from studies. The curriculum is based on your education needs, in other words you get your moneys worth. Also most professor are very approachable, ready to answer any concern or question related to class or scientific issue. There is a great ethnic and religous diversity, you will never feel out of place at Barry University.

I have obtained a feeling of fulfillment from my college experience; also I have become one step away from reaching my goal. During my years at college I gained most of the necessary tools to make me an excellent candidate for the pharmacy field. And most of all I have gained a sense of tolerance towards every ethnic group, religious views and political ideas.

The classroom sizes, my major was in science and since there were few students per class it gave the opportunity to work every instrument in the chemistry laboratory.

Robert

Barry University is academically friendly.

Barry University is academically friendly.

Barry students are warm and charming.

My experience in college as a college student has been great. I enjoy the learning environment, as well as the knowledge that I acquired from Barry University. It is very rewarding to speak and interract with others on professional and educated level.

Raul

Barry University helps to establish a strong foundation of knowledge and a deepend understanding of one's spirituality.

Barry University is known for it's Social programs, which aid and care for the needy without prejudice and nor disdain.

Attending college has helped me to understand my own capabilities as a student and a learner. It has destroyed cultural boundaries, as I am able to communicate with every person I see, whether it'd be an African American or a Middle Eastern. It has helped me to become more independent, competent, and responsible in my every day life. Overall, it has shaped me into a more understanding, open minded, individual. It has opened my eyes and to a better understanding of the world. I have learned to see that the differences that seperate us in culture are the differences that make us interesting and beautiful as people.

Melissa

Barry University is a beautiful, comfortable campus. It is warm and friendly, just like the sunshine state that it presides. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. There are a lot of planned campus activities. The aesthetics of this campus are well cared for and manicured - it shows the pride that is carried throughout the environment.

The advice I would give myself, if I could go back in time to my senior year, about the transition I would be encountering upon entering college life would be an amazing gift. My first words uttered would be the best and most important. You must learn as much as possible, be a sponge, never stop learning. When I speak of learning , I speak of it in all realms of your life; learn in the classroom, learn in life, learn in the value of experience and observation. You can open your life to new horizons by considering other ideas before making a choice . One simple idea or thought, along with your approach or attitude may change your whole life. The path or road you choose may depend on how you process the advice that was given to you. It is better to travel that double road as one and use the wisdom and experience to keep challenging yourself. It is often said , "Your parents become wiser the older you get." Mountains of wisdom are hidden in other people's experiences. It would be a wonderful advantage for you to spend this short time now to build for your future.

Most of the students I attend class with are always willing and ready to help or assist anyone with class assignments and projects.

Barry University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.