Miami, FL
Barry University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Barry University

Brittney

A place for ideas and opportunities to grow.

A place for ideas and opportunities to grow.

Knowing what i know now i would go back and tell anyone who was in my shoes and anyone who is a high school senior now, is that your last year is fun and enjoyable but just like in college you have to know when its really time to buckle down and put studies first. I would also tell myself that preparing for test such as ACT and the SAT. There are countless study prep courses that i should have taken to better myself. But mostly importantly I would tell my younger self that the time of having high school teachers guide you through every step of the way is over and that you must learn to stand on your own two feet as a senior in high school.

I brag mostly about how much help my school has such as math lab for extra help and the writing center to make sure every student who chooses so can succeed. Here at Barry, professors make themselves avaiable with great contact and long office hours.

Alisha

I would tell myself to work harder in my schoolwork for scholorship opportunities, take my SAT much more seriously, and take ACT as an additonal resource. At the moment I am strugling with paying for my books, so I'd tell me to reconsider going to a Private University. If I had not gone to a private college I would probably have enough for my books. Being that I have to take the bus for two hours straight, I would also suggest that I go to a college near by.

I wish I had known that my financial aid will not pay for my entire book and tuition.

Karina

If i could go back in time, i would tell myself to take Dual Enrollment classes, to study hard, and to apply for as many scholarships as possible. I would tell myself to be more organized & outgoing, and to have fun. I was so focused in school i didn't go out with my friends. The most important things i would tell myself, in my senior year of high school,would be to strive for excellence & and never give up.

My college friends. Everytime I talk to a friend that dosen't attend my school, i always talk ab out the new friends I've made. Because they are all come from different backgrounds, and i think they are very interesting and unique. I also tend to talk aout my professors, because they are also intersting .

The cost of tuition! I really like my school, but every year it gets more expensive. I am afraid that i wont be able to attend there anymore, if the prices of books and tiution keep rising.

Jahaira

The Massachusetts College of Art and Design is known for its independence as an educational establishment but also the independence of its students. Students here do not rely on being told what to create, but must generate a new way to create and think about existing ways of creating art.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would comfort myself and say that it is our differences as individuals that makes the college experience memorable. I would tell myself that it was okay that I wanted to take a break between coming out of high school and going to college, and that it though it felt alienating at the time, when I chose to go back to school, I would find many other people that did the very same thing. I would assure myself that the new life experiences that I had gone through within the time I spent between high school and college, such as working full time and learning how to live on my own were letigitimately rich experiences themselves. But most of all, I would tell myself that there is not one correct path, but many, and as an artist by trade, you must learn that your life will divert in ways that other people's may not, and it is within this large spectrum of differences that makes creating art so rewarding.

I was not sure whether or not I wanted to go to college. While many of my classmates chose to go to school after graduation that following summer, I chose to find full time work instead. After taking a two year break from school, I enrolled into a community college with the intention of transfering to a 4 year school. When I came to MassArt, I finally realized that education is a path you must find for yourself, that there are many people in the world that divert and choose not to follow the traditional path.

damiana

At Barry University its very exciting because there are students from all over the world,the word that best describes my classmates is international,this is a great quality because it gives us students to confront different backrounds and ideas.

Damiana you should learn to organize your time the best you can because in college everything will be much more caotic, you will have a job,attend class,do homework and find some time to have fun or else you'll go crazy!Don't leave things for the last minute because procrastination just leads to stress and often the result of your work won't be as good as it would have been if you would have planned ahead.Don't be afraid of asking questions to teachers,classmates or counselors.Be prepared for a whole different scenario,that will shape you up and make you the adult you'll become.

Many of our professors do not speak fluent English so many times it is difficult to understand the class,this also leads to a general distraction of the students that are not able to follow the lecture.Even though I think that all the professors are very prepared in their subject I would prefer to clearly understand what the professor is saying,it would make it much easier to take notes and remember what the class was about.

Maddison

Our school is the only 4 year school in the world the offers a sports management-diving industry degree. The degree also invloves a a minor in business. The major is very informative and a lot harder than it looks. If it were not for the major I am not sure what I woul have majored in. When you leave you recieve a bachelors of sciene degree. The fact that you can get a 4 year degree in recreational scuba diving was the best thing that ever happen to me

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to stay focused and start off with a bang. I would aso tell myself to not trust everyone that you meet and use your common sense, especially when you move somewhere like Miami. Also pick your friends wisely, not everyone is who they say they are. Last but not least, got to eery class, you are paying to be there so take advantage of it. Als try to have a little fun, but not too much! :-)

The wort part os Barry University is the financial aide office, they never talk to any other office around campus wih makes it very hard to registar for classes when it comes time to do so. They also never factor in any other scholarships on time and then tell you that you owe thousands of dollars. They are never accurate in what they tell you.

Hayes

The advice I would give to myself would be to make sure that I had enough financial assistance to help aid my future scholastic endeavors. In addition, I would further advise to become prepared for the grueling pain of not having contact with family members should the institution be further away from home. I would further advise that II should take all the high challenging courses that the high school offers and to study day and night for the SAT and/or ACT to help further the chances of recieving funding for school. Lastly , I would advise that I should become more involved with the community by community service.

Robyn

College life can be pretty rough on a young student like myself. Entering college I did not know exactly what to expect but I wish I had known. That being said, if I could go back in time and converse with myself as a high school senior, I would attempt to give the best advice that a nineteen year old could give. First and foremost, I would tell myself no to rush. Recently before entering Barry University, I felt incredibly rushed with college business such as applications, essays, etc. Many of my friends were already being accepted to their favorite colleges and universities which put a significant amount of pressure on me. I also felt incredible pressure from my parents to hurry up and decide what I wanted to do in my life. No one should force you to make your own decisions. You need to live for you and only you. Do not try to live for someone else. Ever. I would've liked to prevent myself from making those mistakes again. But now that I think about it, the mistakes that I made as a high school senior made me the strong person that I am now.

Before I came to this school, I wish I had known that it is pretty difficult to pay off the tuition and fees such as room and board.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the expensive tuition.

cabrina

The small classes allow me to be more that a number, the interaction between students and teachers, and people from different races, religions, and creeds allow me to become a more rounded individual.

The one thing I would stress is time, and taking advantage of all the work, extra credit and anything that will allow you to increase your GPA. another key entity i would stress is being knowledgeable and having a plan for what school you want to go to, the major you want to pursue, and creating a financial plan with your parents to pay for school. The last thing a student wants added to them in college is stress over finances. College should be an expirence that is trully taken in, rather than stressed about.

Rashard

My classmates are very friendly, inviting, and helpful to me when it comes to work and feeling comfortable as a new student on campus.

Assuming i could go back in time and talk to myself as a young, adolescent high school senior knowing the things that I know now about college and the heavily anticipated transition i've went through I would warn myself of how important it is to finish strong. I would also bring to my attention the need for as many scholarships as possible because the cost for school is more than you can imagine. Therefore, I would stress to myself to get involved in any scholarship oppurtunities I can get my hands on and make a valid effort in applying for each one of them. The expedite transition i've experienced from high school to college was very unexpected and I have many regrets for not being as prepared as I could have been going into a higher education. That's exactly why I would thoroughly advise myself to study hard and work harder because looking back on all the decisions I made before going into college, I know my life could of have been a lot easier with just a few better choices and decisions that i took for granted back in school.

I feel the best thing about my school is the people, i say this because everyone I met has been very welcoming to me since i've arrived on campus at the beginning of the semester. The atmosphere created here makes me truly feel as if i belong here and makes me excited to engage in my classwork. Therefore, I should be able to excel in my level of focus as a student and be encouraged to further my education here in Miami.

Barry University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.