Miami, FL
Barry University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Barry University

Jameilah

It's a small catholic private school, the teachers know you by name, and it's very easy to make friends.

Oh the things I would tell myself! I know I only have but so much time to break down everything so it would come out fast and probably with minimal explanation. Some warnings I might give are, stay away from your previous relationships. They are a waste of time, and you could have been filling out these scholarships! Oh and take up the offer at Barry, but when you get there audition for EVERYTHING and make sure you ask for a scholarship. They have them they just don't want to say it out loud! Plan your trips home way earlier than you think, it's cheaper and you'll be able to go home for thanksgiving, but only fly JetBlue. Help your little sister with applying to high schools, although you talked to her before she didn't listen, but she'll be all ears now. Last, go shopping you don't wear uniform anymore so get with the program! You do well in school and everyone is proud of you, but if you could change these few things, life would be a little easier and a lot more fun not having to worry so much. Bye past me =)

The worst thing about this school is where it's located limits access to stores etc. unless you have a car or take public transportantion, which is horrible.

Deborah

Barry University is a astudent-orientented, higher institution for learning, assisting students to aquire their aspirations and inspirations, meanwhile amerliorating their spiritual awareness.

Dialogue Deborah: I have what it takes to speed through undergrad shcool. While most students do the traditional four years, I'll do it in three. Self: Oh, Deborah its nothing like you think. You have to buckle down and make it happen because no one will be there to hold your hand or sppon feed you. Deborah: That's tough. So you mean have to hit the books a little harder? Self: More resposiblities come weighing over your head because you will be an adult. Deborah: Just as I heard in the times of old, "If nothing else is guaranteed, death and bills are." Self: You said it. Deborah: Well let me get on it , and not procrastinanate.

I wish I would have known my skill level requirements so I could have aimed higher to meet the mark of qualifying for thre English nonremedial course. In high school I took AP English Language and AP English Literature and did exceptionally well in both. Not to mention, I also won the Senior English Award and was told my writing is beautiful. Now I come to college they tell me I do not write at the college level. Now I am wasting time and money taking a remedial English course that is noncreditted towards my degree track.

Herandenny

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to paticipate more in school activities. Also i would tell myself to apply to more scholarships and colleges. I would hopefully get myself to be outgoing. I am not really the out going type I keep to myself. I would tell myself that Barry would be a good choice because everyone here is so nice and helpful. I have met so many nice people here. My life has really changed around here.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the food. Although for the last couple months the food has been getting better.

I like how small the school is. It is easy to get to know people even though I am a quiet person.

Marie

My school is a great t experience for any age, religion, gender!

My school is a great t experience for any age, religion, gender!

You can never be too prepared for school. Life is full of surprises and different paths that you can take. One decision can affect you for the rest of your life, so make the best decision to your ability. School is not cheap, and financial aid is not available when you need it. Never give up, and know that everything happens for a reason. Education is important, and let no one tell you different. If you want to accomplish a goal, don?t ever hold back!

It is so convenient and flexible with the class schedule. I have never had a rude professor and they always are very knowledgeable on their subject.

Emilia

Barry University is full of opportunities no matter where come from.

Barry University is full of opportunities no matter where come from.

First off I would tell myself to give it my all during my senior year. Get high scores on tests, finish all my work on time and learn time management. I would tell myself to apply for colleges and scholarships as soon as the first day of my senior year. Even though people change their minds in college about what to do with their lives, think about what you enjoy doing and what career path you see yourself in the future. Do not try to make others happy before making yourself happy with the choices you make concerning your life after college. Always talk to an advisor about choosing the right classes that will help you transfer or graduate from school. Stay focused in your goals and do not let distractions make you fall behind.

I am transfering to Barry University this Spring. For now I just wish I knew where to get more scholarship money either from school or from outside sources.

Angela

I graduated from Classical high school in Springfield, Massachussetts in 1979. As a senior I would enjoy my last year of high school and be prepared to work hard, be organized, have a plan for idependence; freedom is your opportunity to show your maturity. Flexibility is everything when you are in a new environment. Be prepared to change your entire career path. Diversity is very important. Save as much money as possible because you will need it. Starting college is my job for the next four years or more. College is my opportunity to become successful in whatever field of study I decide to pursue. Be prepared to network in college because you will have an opportunity to make lifelong friendships and business connections. I am given an opportunity to pursue a higher education that will make me financially and socially independent. Have fun but always be serious about your education. Most importantly, stay physically fit, eat properly, get your proper rest and don't let anything interfere with your volunteering and networking.

I'm majoring in Nursing, which I've wanted to do since I was a little girl. The reason I chose to attend Barry is because it is greatly known for being a great school and having high NCLEX exam scores. That is very important to me because passing the NCLEX is crucial and I only want the best education. I know that attending Barry and getting an education there will help me to pass the NCLEX and achieve my dream in becoming a nurse.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition , I would tell myself to relax and enjoy myself a little more. When I started college I was very uptight and anxious about the transition, which caused me to be closed and to myself. When entering college, a person should stay positive and be open to all the new possibilities and opportunities that come their way. Worrying about everything and not opening up causes the person to miss out on those oppportunities, like I did. Eventually I got over it, but by then I had missed out on some wonderful opportunities. All I did was study, study, study and had no time to myself, to enjoy myself. That actually caused more stress on me. If I could go back, I would tell myself to enjoy college, open up to people, take every opportunity you're offered, and have a good time.

Barry University has a lot of great things to offer. The thing I would consider the best is a great Nursing program. Since I was a little girl I've always wanted to be a nurse. To be able to attend a school greatly known for its Nursing program is amazing. I know that I will get a great education and a great understanding of what I need to know to become a great nurse in the future.

Rochalle

My classmates are creative, imaginative, original, focused, and idea driven individuals.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, if I had the opportunity to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have some valuable advice to pass on. First, I would encourage myself to stay focused, get good grades and to apply for as many scholarships as possible. Being financially ready for college and getting good grades is a big transition. You never really understand the value of education until you start paying a price for it. It is easy to take education for granted when you attend public school and no one really has a talk with you about college and all it entails. Secondly, if you start to prepare yourself now, the transition would be a lot smoother. College is not really that much different from high school if you keep your schoolwork first and prioritize by keeping a schedule/planner from now. Last, I would tell myself that college is going to make you into a strong, smart, and driven individual who has goals that are attainable because of everything that you learned in college, and from the lasting relationships made.

Prior to attending this school, I wish I knew that it was going to be so costly and hard to get financial help to pay for my education at Barry.

Sheila

Its very personalized and advisors answer your phone calls 24/7

Its very personalized and advisors answer your phone calls 24/7

If I talked to myself in order to advise about college life and a transition that it would take, I would first encourage myself to think about all the possibilities available. Also, make sure I get involved with volunteer activities as much as possible, and also be compassionate with myself with the transition of countries, a different language, and a different culture. Moreover, I would advise patience , willingness, and persistence.

A person that likes small environments with caring professors

Barry University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.