Barry University

« See more reviews of Barry University

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

At Barry University, there are no real stereotypes such as jocks and frat kids. Although there are individual groups, it is not the type of situation in which they are not open to speak to other students. Some of the prevelant groups would be the athletes, who are all very close because of the time they spend together. There are sororitiesa and fraternities, but they are not the beer drinking bully stereotype you see in movies. All in all, Barry functions more as a diverese communitie where there are inidividual groups, but everyone is open to sharing and working together.

The stereotype of students at my school is that they are all conceited and spoiled. This stereotype can appear true because the students on campus are fashion oriented and make an effort to come across as lavish. However, if you get to know some of the students, and look past appearances, you will find out that they might be some of the most down to earth people you will ever encounter.

The perception of stereotype at Barry maybe the fraternities and international students. While it is true that these stereotypes are located on campus, there is no separation between the student body.

Mostly girls in the school and african Americans.