Barry University

« See more reviews of Barry University

The best thing about this school is the small class sizes. There are usually about 20-25 students in a class which makes it an easier environment to learn in. The campus is a good size, taking about 15 minutes to walk from one end of the campus to the other. The only bad thing about the campus is the neighborhood in which it is located. Its not a very good one. Overall, the professors are pretty decent, just a few that are bad. I spend most of my time in a building named Thompson Hall, where an Einstein bagels and Starbucks is located. As a commuter, if I am not in Thompson, you may find me in the commuter lounge, which is a place just for commuters where you can study, nap, eat, and watch television. When telling people that I attend Barry University, the response is usually a positive one.

For me, my overall opinion has been good. Since the school is private, you really do get a one on one type of experience with the faculty and they are always open to help you. One of the downfalls though is the price of admission. It is a bit pricey, but Barry does offer scholarships as well as other aide. The surrounding town is not the nicest place, but you are relativley close to the Miami Beach area, which is known to be fun and lively. Most of my time is spent probably in the computer labs and in Lehman which is a building that houses the gym, the cafeteria, the grill, and the comuter lounge. I have also been involved in the newspaper which was a fun experience, and there are many groups and events that students can get involved in.

Barry University is one of the best universities in the state of Florida. One of the major benefits is that the school is well accredited. The classes at Barry University are small (about 30 students max per class). The benefit of having small classes is the one on one assistance from the professors which allows you to learn and understand the material even more. There are not much parties that happen on Barry Campus. However, there are a lot of Barry Pride events such as basketball games, comedy shows, movie nights etc. The one thing I would change about Barry are some of the staff members. While there are a lot of helpful faculty on campus, there are a few with somewhat of a bad attitude.

It is a great school