Barry University

« See more reviews of Barry University

As seniors in high school, many students stay close to home to avoid financial problems and becoming homesick. If I could go back in time, I'd follow the footsteps of my classmates and go to a University closer to home. I'd also be sure to use my time wisely and apply for as many scholarships as possible to help my college education to be more affordable. I'd also give myself the advice to stay focused on school work, because college work is a lot harder and more serious than high school. I'd also be sure to attend counseling services for choosing the right major to make sure that I was really interested in my intended major. I'd be sure to warm myself that college is the most serious part of my life and once the opportunity is gone, it may not come back.

If I were able to go back and time, I would advise myself to research financial aid options and to make the best decision on whether or not going farther away from home is best. I have had a great Fall semester at Barry Univeristy. I am a very friendly, outgoing person, the only issue I have is that I still have a balance and it is the end of this semester. I have received the maximum amount of financial aid that I am able to have and I am unable to apply for a private loan because I do not have a cosigner, so I would definitely advise myself to apply for more scholarships and make sure financially secure. I would also advise myself to take the time to deliberate if going far is good. I would choose staying closer to home as it is much more convenient.

Finding the right college is very important because that is where you or your child will spend 4 years of their lives. It is important to visit the campus and look around to get a feel of the campus and surrounding areas. Also meeting the advisors, students and other people on campus gives you an idea of who will be your peers. It is also very important to do research on the school's academic programs and how they suit your academic plans. A high ranking school is wonderful but a school that is good at your program but may not be high ranked is just as good. There are many things that go into choosing a school but most importantly you have to be comfortable and happy where you will be or those four years will be miserable. Good luck!!

First off I would tell myself to give it my all during my senior year. Get high scores on tests, finish all my work on time and learn time management. I would tell myself to apply for colleges and scholarships as soon as the first day of my senior year. Even though people change their minds in college about what to do with their lives, think about what you enjoy doing and what career path you see yourself in the future. Do not try to make others happy before making yourself happy with the choices you make concerning your life after college. Always talk to an advisor about choosing the right classes that will help you transfer or graduate from school. Stay focused in your goals and do not let distractions make you fall behind.

It is very important to visit your school choices, talk to current students who will give you unbiased information about the school you have in mind. It is important to meet potential advisors and take a look at what the curribulum will be for your major, as they may differ school to school. The location and diversity of the campus will be important, since most students do not want to be far from home. The student should network to meet people that will start at the various school(s) around the same time, so that the transition will be easier. Also, making the most out of the resources available to you at the school of your choice will make this exciting time continue to remain that way.

I Think that parents should let their children choose their own path in life, and also encourage them in what they pursue. An important factor in choosing a school is to like the city that it is located. The second to make sure that there are enough opportunities for internships and maybe gettin hired in the field that the students will pursue. The children should have the option to choose the school and also the place where they will live durring those 4 years of college. On-campus living sometimes isnot very good because they will deviate from their path in their freshman year, because of all the motion that is going on in their lives, new people, new school, new teachers, new freinds.

If I could go back to give myself advice.I would say to take more college classes and enjoy the freedom while i jcan because in colllege there is no time for fun,because we have alot of work .While i am still in High school make suer to work hard give hundred percent she is doing.She have to prepare herself for the future read book that will help her in the field that she i s going to study make sure she pass all of her testes and classes,do good in the SAT and ACT because does test help with your classes. She need to spend time and the library to study and work on her vocabulary and writing essays because does will be pretty helpfull in English Speech and Pschycology classes.

If your student is looking for a good pre-med program Barry University is a amazing school. That also goes for if you are looking for a small program where you can expand. Our Psychology Masters program is one of the best in the country. Though other then that you really need to look into your program to see if it suits your student. Barry is a great academic school but campus wise it has a way to go if you are looking for a lot of things to do on your campus Barry might not be a great place to go. Just make sure to take a tour of the school and talk with the students and you will get a pretty acurate desciption of what it is like to be a Barry student.

Knowing what i know now i would go back and tell anyone who was in my shoes and anyone who is a high school senior now, is that your last year is fun and enjoyable but just like in college you have to know when its really time to buckle down and put studies first. I would also tell myself that preparing for test such as ACT and the SAT. There are countless study prep courses that i should have taken to better myself. But mostly importantly I would tell my younger self that the time of having high school teachers guide you through every step of the way is over and that you must learn to stand on your own two feet as a senior in high school.

Dialogue Deborah: I have what it takes to speed through undergrad shcool. While most students do the traditional four years, I'll do it in three. Self: Oh, Deborah its nothing like you think. You have to buckle down and make it happen because no one will be there to hold your hand or sppon feed you. Deborah: That's tough. So you mean have to hit the books a little harder? Self: More resposiblities come weighing over your head because you will be an adult. Deborah: Just as I heard in the times of old, "If nothing else is guaranteed, death and bills are." Self: You said it. Deborah: Well let me get on it , and not procrastinanate.