Barry University

« See more reviews of Barry University

If I talked to myself in order to advise about college life and a transition that it would take, I would first encourage myself to think about all the possibilities available. Also, make sure I get involved with volunteer activities as much as possible, and also be compassionate with myself with the transition of countries, a different language, and a different culture. Moreover, I would advise patience , willingness, and persistence.

One thing that I would not have been able to find anywhere else is my overall experience, I have learned so much over the past year and a half, abouIt myself as well as others. It has been an experience where I have discovered a lot about myself and about society. I have grown up a lot in the short amount of time that I have attended Barry University, but the culture and diversity has made Barry University a valuable place to attend.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to stay focused and start off with a bang. I would aso tell myself to not trust everyone that you meet and use your common sense, especially when you move somewhere like Miami. Also pick your friends wisely, not everyone is who they say they are. Last but not least, got to eery class, you are paying to be there so take advantage of it. Als try to have a little fun, but not too much! :-)

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to paticipate more in school activities. Also i would tell myself to apply to more scholarships and colleges. I would hopefully get myself to be outgoing. I am not really the out going type I keep to myself. I would tell myself that Barry would be a good choice because everyone here is so nice and helpful. I have met so many nice people here. My life has really changed around here.

I would tell myself that I need to take every oppportunity that comes my way to really experince everything that college life has to offer. Meaning, being more than just your average university student, I should get involve in different organizations, clubs and becoming an active participant in my university. Most important of all I would tell myself that I can make a difference in my future, my university and the world.

I have receieved a pleathora of things from my first year of college experience, and they are: i became more dependent of myself, i leared to make my own decisions, manage my time and also became more responsible with my life and my things. Also i learned that the college life is like no other and you only get a one chance to enjoy it and also that it's the path to a better life replete with knowledge and a better job.

If i could go back in time, i would tell myself to take Dual Enrollment classes, to study hard, and to apply for as many scholarships as possible. I would tell myself to be more organized & outgoing, and to have fun. I was so focused in school i didn't go out with my friends. The most important things i would tell myself, in my senior year of high school,would be to strive for excellence & and never give up.

the first thing the student should do is to decide on a major. Next, the student should pick a school which is known to be excellent at that major--don't just pick a school because it has a big name, there are many programs at smaller school that are better at the less known school than at a better known school. Lastly, don't be afraid to travel far--it may just be worth it to follow your dreams.

A few problems i have encountered many times are, getin my books too late making me fall behind on homework. From that leading to bad sleeping habits. My advice from now to my myself as a highschool student would be to buy the books early to be on time and maybe even ahead for doing readings and homework. Another advice would be to never take a difficult class durring a summer term.

I would say to researcha nd find out everything about the school that you can. Be sure to visit the school and get to be familiar with your surroundings so that when you are on your own you can know where to get your neccesities. Be sure to find out if the school can provide you with what it is that you are looking for within a safe environment and a worthy school.