Barry University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Barry University

Kimani

The teachers are nice, there's a nice community of students, but a lesser school can provide that same essentials. It's a good school but you have to watch out for the costs. Please realize that it is 14,000 per semester; if you're not getting a full ride or can afford paying 28,000 a year, don't go.

nia

I feel that Barry University is an extraordinary school in which I could excel in and for everyone to actually know me. I know that the school is medium size, however, I find that perfect for my major since I'm planning to study biology. Also, the best part about their school is their security and that if you need help in a class your professors are actually your personal tutor!

Lew

Even as a freshman for now, it is a really great to experience a whole new way of life. This university is so event-friendly and have events (and scholarships/competitions) all the time and updates every single day. The professors are nice and willing to help so you can get the that A that you need. Also, they even have vending machines for class supplies; yeah, I know, it may sound common to others, but this is the only university (college/university in general) that have seen have several and that not all are just drinks and snacks.

I just completed my first semester at Barry University and I was very successful. The professors really do care about their students and are always there to help. The class size is very small and the campus is small so everyone knows each other and your professors know who you are. Our sports teams are very good especially our basketball teams. Overall, Barry is a great place to be especially since it is in Miami.

Keyela

Well going into my second year I feel like it will be better then my first year. The students there are fun and supportive. The teachers are there to listen and also my advisor. I think Barry University is a good place for learning even if it’s a small community

Brianna

The school is fairly ok the academics are good. Barry takes pride.

kira

My initial thoughts of Barry University were very high I loved every part of it. after a few months of being here I've learned there are some things I love and some things I just don't. The campus is beautiful especially on a nice sunny day and a slight breeze- can you say study session by the pool? The people are so nice and they all come from such diverse backgrounds. which takes me to the extremely diverse food that they serve in the cafeteria. I am a foodie and all I can say is that the cafe is hit or miss but usually miss because it lacks a sense of flavor almost every day. another downfall of the university is that we do not have a football team, therefore, it takes away from the extra surge if school spirit. last but definitely not least is my favorite part of the school which is the class size. I have rarely heard of a university class where the teachers actually know the student's names and interact with them personally in and out of class. my teachers have offered me to sit with them if I'm sitting by myself at lunch and they are very big on office hours. I love my school, now are their things I would change of course but at the end of the day I'm happy here and the connections made here mean the world to me.

Tracey

Barry University is awesome! The small class sizes, accessible teachers, the helpful math and writing labs, the community involvements, and the sport events are what make Barry University an awesome place to study. The food is okay and the Greek life is not a huge thing on campus. This school is not a party school. We would have parties now and then, but not every week. But there are numerous clubs and organizations that you can be involved in. There are many opportunities for you to be involved on campus and in the community. Barry plays a huge emphasis on community involvement. That is what it is known for. The school is also known for the student diversity. I get to meet people who came from different places in the world. Also, Barry University is captivating with its beautiful palm trees and green grasses. Overall, this school is amazing.

stephany

Best place to be enrolled at! Great staff team, friendly people from diverse groups, many many social events and group projects. Amazing people who makes sure every student is on the right track with all studies. Safe environment, lots of laughs and encouraging people everyday.

I believe Barry is an extremely good school. It is very diverse and a small community which is a great fit. The have a variety of sports that are competitive such as basketball and rowing. The curriculum is sold and the teachers know what they are teaching.

Nobrisha

Educational wise the school is magnificent. The classes are small so the teachers are more invested in their students and always provide their students with different opportunities that pertains to their major. The teachers as well as other resources are always accessible an ready to help you succeed.

Diana-Patricia

I learned a lot, both in the classroom and out. Definitely could use a little more of student life, only because I commuted to school so therefore was not as involved. The professors were very engaging and they worked with you one on one. The food was a little pricey but there are a lot of restaurants nearby if you want to get off campus to grab a bite to eat.

Diana-Patricia

Barry University is a small school. With that in mind, that creates a small community within the school, and as someone who commuted to school it was difficult to be involved on campus. The professors to student ratio was small so interacting with the professor one on one was appreciated.

Jordy

The school is really small, I enjoy being there because of the atmosphere but at times I feel like the school should provide more for students. Such as, activities or events that motivate the students to get into the school a bit more. There should be a change in how the facilities run.

Jasmine

The college is extremely overpriced with lack of communication from the financial aid office and you're academic adviser. As far as campus life It's very diverse and easy-going. But little to none "on-campus events" and no sororities. Student involvement here is poor. If you're not really a social person this college may be good for you but if you're social and enjoy being involved i'd consider another college.

Joseph

Keep in mind every university opens different doors for you. With great pride I say that I am currently a Pre-Law major at Barry University. To be honest Barry University was my one and only decision. The very reason why I applied to Barry University was to make my parents proud of me. I am, in fact, a legacy student. At first I must be honest I was rather hurt because I practically lost both of my grandparents who were very dear to me. I was born with an unceasing drive in whatever it is that I do. My grandfather instilled within me that whatever I do I must do my absolute best in. Getting back to the main point, I just didn't know what I wished to do after high school. All I could do was listen to my parents. Listening to my parents was, in fact, the best decision I ever made. I opened the right door to my future. I officially became part of the Barry family in 2014. Barry University has changed my life in many ways. First, there's not one day I don't get to enjoy Miami's sunny weather. I must forewarn you Miami is practically "season-less." It's a good day to go for a dip in the pool even in December. When I graduate I will never forget walking around school hearing the church's organs playing as flowers dance with the wind. In front of the chapel there are beautiful tall palm trees. The school was founded in 1940, but Barry does a good job in keeping up its facilities. Second, being smack dab in the middle of Miami permits you to venture and see the beautiful beaches, tropical paradise, and what the city has to offer. My third vital point is that going to a private Catholic school bestows you with the opportunity to be engaged in the classroom and address any concerns you have to your professor immediately. It is undoubtedly a very hands on school. In my three years at Barry University there's not a day that goes by that I don't see a familiar face. Barry has four main societies, but is affiliated with many other honor societies. Not to show off, but I currently have over eight cords to wear in graduation. The point is that you have the opportunity to truly work hard for what you want. Barry is the place that will bestow students with the ability to execute their great ambition. As cheesy as it may sound Barry is a great stepping stone to making your dreams come true. Lastly, the whole point you attend a university; to get an education. Depending upon what you wish to do Barry is for those who truly see themselves going far in life. Barry is certainly not for the faint of heart. Not that I am belittling schools in Miami, but I must say Barry has a unique way of challenging its students. At least in my department I am awfully challenged. I found myself turning in a 21 page mini thesis, 10 page (take home exam), having two extensive projects (one on gun control and one on Nietzsche), having a 9 page upper level English paper due, and another 8 page paper due in a matter of two weeks followed by the hostile finals week. That is only the long story short. A typical exam of mine requires a whole Scantron sheet plus a whole Blue Booklet (every page front and back will be written on I promise you). Barry truly pushes you for the right reasons. Each and every positive action that I execute in life shall reflect Barry University. I shall unveil to the world my Barry roots and never forget how my second home has changed me. Barry University has helped me find myself. I promise to keep the legacy of Barry University’s mission alive with everything that I do in life. I shall forever be “Barry” proud of myself and where I come from. In June 12 I will be taking the LSAT and will be applying to Stanford, UCLA, University of Miami, Fordham, New York University, FIU, and many more law schools. Because of Barry I have no fear in getting into any law school. I am prepared to face tomorrow. I am prepared to conquer my future. Make your decision wisely. If you do happen to choose Barry make the best of it and alway be "Barry" proud of yourself.

Heather

It's a small campus, very quiet, but I don't know many people, because I am a commuter student. I only see people in class, and not everyone is friendly. Everyone is always moving or on their phone. They need to reach out more to the non-residential students. I still love, love this school though. So far, my professors have been open, friendly, fair, and caring . Most of them still remember you after you are done with their classes.

Tamiya

Barry University is an amazing school to receive your degree at. Their academics are outstanding. The way they have the majors set up, they are set up for each student to succeed in their fields. The only thing I wish this school has is sports teams. This is because of my major, not for my pleasure.

Breanna

Barry University is a great school for academics. They also hold many events to create campus unity like pool parties, movie nights and dances. This school is about 20 minutes (with traffic) from South Beach. Its right near the heart of Miami which makes it the perfect place for some sun and fun.

Christina

I love Barry. It’s definitely not a party school but we have plenty of activities to engage students as well as clubs and orgs on campus to be apart of. When I came here I fell in love with this school because it had a calming vibe and small classes sizes where the professor knows you by name and character.

Helen

Barry university is a college I would recommend to new high school graduates as well as returning college students. I would also recommend this college to anyone, who want to do online courses. Attend Barry have provided me with a strong understand of ME! what I mean is that through course work help me to refocus on current issues, and real life discussion in the course work was very timely, which helps with understanding my life in 2018 and beyond.

Colton

Great school, Lots of culture throughout. The staff at this university are nice and very helpful. Barry University has an absolute beautiful campus. Being close to the beach as well as laying the warm weather helps it seem like more of a vacation spot than a university.

Sparkel

It's a good school with small class sizes that make learning much easier. The dining options (places to go) are lacking but the food is good. The professors are understanding and there are plenty of resources to help students. There are also tons of clubs and events to participate in but no football team or marching band or color guard/ winter guard.

Natalie

I am so happy that I chose Barry as my undergraduate school. Small class sizes and great professor interaction. During my four years as an undergraduate, all of my professors knew my name. I connected with students who I saw every day and made friends with my fellow biology major classmates and shared many classes with them. It is a small and friendly environment and I would not have changed a single thing about my decision to attend Barry.

Adriel

Barry is a great school! The classes are small. So, the professors can help you out even more. They are always available! Always willing to help! The faculty staff are very polite and always there for you. There are so many ways as well to get involved in the school. They help you out with your major and career! It's great!

james

I think it’s a great school but can use some improvements in certain areas but over all a great place to be I highly recommend it housing could use some remodeling but over most people are nice there and it’s always easy to talk to your professors and other faculty to.

I personally like my school a lot because of the size. Barry University is a small school, so class sizes will never be overwhelming, and you will pretty much know/see everyone within a given year. The school is extremely diverse and some clubs even reflect that. The academics itself is feasible and you will be well-educated. However, the sports atmosphere is not huge, but people will most likely always attend the men's basketball game. There is not a big Greek life here either. It is mainly a commuter-student school. Overall, it is a great school to attend academically, but if you want more campus fun and events, this may not be for you.

Madison

I think Barry University is a good school. There is so much more that could be done, however. For example, Barry does not have a football team. Prospective students should take this into account if tailgates and the games itself are something that you seem interested in, as the closest schools to find this at are either University of Miami or FIU. A Barry life is not the stereotypical "college life". You wont walk outside of your room and hear a party or anything really going on at night, but of course, it is Miami so there's always something to do off-campus, even if you don't have a car on campus because Uber is always readily available. The Greek life is lacking, there are two fraternities and one sorority on campus and none of them have houses, although, the sororities and fraternities still operate like any other would. With all that being said, Barry is an excellent place if you want small class sizes. My average class has about 20 students in it and all the professors are extremely accessible. They equip you with their email and phone number so you can contact them and ask for help on anything. There are also many resources to help you write papers or to find a quiet study place. Barry is also extremely diverse. Most college campuses are not and this makes it so much easier to fit in and to find friends. I would recommend Barry to somebody if they asked me if I like it here. I like the small class sizes and the people that I've met so far and the dining hall has the best hash browns which is reason enough to go to Barry.

Connie

Clean campus, security is always around day or night. Professors are always available and easy to contact by appointment, classroom, and by email. They always respond immediately, too. Food vendors and cafeteria is very expensive. Books are extremely expensive too, at the book store. I found better pricing online and rental of books help. Last semester I paid $200, for one book. Therefore, another reason I need more scholarships.

Aliany

I believe it is a very diverse community. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help anyone that needs help. The professors seem very understanding and communicate very well. The school is big and comfortable and the student to faculty ratio is perfect. The in-school housing seems incredibly comfortable and the meals all seem to be different and appetizing. Overall, I would say the school is a 5-star school and is perfect for anyone of any background, race, and ethnicity.

Shakira

Great school! I'm a sophmore and so far i've had a great experience. The teachers are great they are caring and are there for you if you need anything at all times. I believe there is plenty of activities to do after school that students can join. I LOVE MY SCHOOL!

Tabitha

Although a little costly, I believe it is a wonderful school that have a variety of opportunities for its students and the community alike to partake in. A lot of the students are involved on many campus activities such as planting fruits and vegetables for sale and hosting mini festival/carnivals for the staff, students and community. Barry University especially has small classes sizes that allow students to be engaged with the professor. The professors are essentially great individuals who are easy to contact and provide help when needed. Other resources like tutoring, disability services, public services, and financial aid services are readily available for students to access and use. Overall, it is a great university that has a sense of diversity, culture, sportsmanship and academic integrity.

Kerby

Barry University is the school where your dreams can come true no matter how far your willing to go. The atmosphere brings a warm, at home, comfortable aura that creates a "at home" feeling. The staff and cousilners are amazing at their work, giving students and soon to be attenting students, such as myself, their up most undivided attention to any needs and wants that we may abtain. The students are always conversational, there is not a day were i go and i not see an amazing amount of students outside talking, playing sports, having fun, enjoying outside together as a family. This school is the place to be.

Marlena

I love their high diversity rate that’s goes with my ethnicity and many others. They also have an extremely high graduation rate. They have an amazing social work program, which I will be majoring in. And an extraordinary psychology program, which I will be minoring in. I spoke with 2 students currently enrolled in the social work major and they had nothing but good words and warm thoughts about Barry overall and the amazing professors. Barry also has a diverse assortment of many clubs an organizations that I can be apart of. Barry has an excellent campus life, and many different events. The campus is absolutely beautiful and the palm trees definitely help the scenery. They also take into account of my religious decisions. Everyone at Barry has been nothing but welcoming and helpful to me.