Barstow, CA
Barstow Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Barstow Community College

Jacob

I just graduated with my associate's degree this last year and am now attending Idaho State University. Overall, I liked this school while attending it. Everyone was really nice and the class sizes were good. If I had to say one negative about the school, it would be the difficulty of it. I found the school to be easy compared to university. I ended Barstow College with a 3.98 GPA. I felt that Barstow did not prepare students for the rigor of university. Barstow Community College kind of holds their student's hand through. But, that is why this college has a low transfer rate. So, if you plan on transferring to a university just be prepared.

Vanessa

Barstow Community College has been a life changer for me. The counselors are always readily available to talk to you and are extremely helpful. The professors are actively​ involved in helping their students succeed. It is easy to get the classes you need I never had an issue with getting the classes I needed.

Avery

Barstow Community College is a great option for anyone in the high-desert who would like to continue their education. Many of the students are very friendly and and willing to help, their staff member and teachers are passionate about your success in class, and their Preforming arts center, wellness center, and CTE center are top of the line.

Aylin

I am a very involved student and see many aspects of the campus whether it is academics or through social interaction. The people are kind and there is little to violence or arguments except for the occasional intellectual debate on current events. We hardly protest and are a very content group. However, I wish there was more club representation at the college. Those who are in clubs are very active and really know how to engage the students, myself included. Overall, my experience here has been a good one.

Jasmine

High school and college differ in every aspect: teaching, homework, tests, and student life. If I was provided with the opportunity to go back and talk to myself , while I was a senior, I would inform myself about those differences and what I need to do to overcome those differences. For instance, I have discovered that college life for a student is very demanding, and, as a result, more time and effort is required in order to fulfill the requirements and expectations of a college course. I would tell my senior self, to dedicate more time and effort to school work, because the work load increases greatly and it is up to the student to be responsible for themselves and their grades. I would also tell myself that the teacher is there to provide information, but it is up to the student to run with that information and apply it to life.

People who need a start and are serious about their education should attend this college. Barstow Community College offers the beginning steps for a career as well as a variety of prerequisites that a vast amount of colleges require. If a students really desires a career and a successful future, but they need a start, then they shoudl attend Barstow Community College.

Barstow Community College is meant for a variety people; however, in comparison to all colleges, people who do not take their education seriously should not attend this college. As a student who takes their education seriously, I find it quite difficult to receive my education when there are people disrupting the class.

benjamin

My school defeats the typical cliche of a community college and I am forever greatful for that priveledge.

The school that I am attending at the moment is best known for its quality in academics, the availability in resources, and the most important is that the school carries a good staff. The school does not too crowded so there is a decent amount of people to work with and there are also online courses available. The people around are very friendly and there are little to no troubles at all during and after school hours.

First of all, I would tell myself to stop wandering around not knowing what to do with my time and tell myself to make something productive out of my free time. Second, I would tell myself that there are many ways to achieve goals that seem almost impossible to get to. The most important thing that I would tell my high school self, is that focusing on something as time passes by, no matter how tiresome it may seem, is far better than wasting my days doing absolutely nothing. I would also tell myself to start attending classes at the local community college, mainly because high school students receive twice as many credits when attending college classes. Lastly, I'd let myself know that times are about to change, and as much as I still don't focus on my own beliefs, I would let myself know that I should not take what I have for granted.

Katrina

I still don't know my classmates that well yet, but I would say there smart and so far nice. I don't have any problems with them and I don't think they have any problems with me either.

The advice I would give myself would be to open a savings acount and save money for college. Since I didn't know until now, im struggling trying to find ways to pay for my college since I currently don't have a job. I graduated high school and now I want to graduate college with a degree in nursing. I filled out many scholarships and still no luck. I would also tell myself to not leave Oklahoma until I finished Vo-tech and saved money so that it would be alot easier for me to pay for my classes.

Well honestly if people who don't want to do or make something of there life then they shouldn't attend a college. If they just want to goof off and not take school seriously then they shouldnt attend. Hopefully if they make the right desicion, they will try and get a degree.

Barstow Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.