Barstow Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Barstow Community College

Aylin

I am a very involved student and see many aspects of the campus whether it is academics or through social interaction. The people are kind and there is little to violence or arguments except for the occasional intellectual debate on current events. We hardly protest and are a very content group. However, I wish there was more club representation at the college. Those who are in clubs are very active and really know how to engage the students, myself included. Overall, my experience here has been a good one.

Vanessa

Barstow Community College has been a life changer for me. The counselors are always readily available to talk to you and are extremely helpful. The professors are actively​ involved in helping their students succeed. It is easy to get the classes you need I never had an issue with getting the classes I needed.

Avery

Barstow Community College is a great option for anyone in the high-desert who would like to continue their education. Many of the students are very friendly and and willing to help, their staff member and teachers are passionate about your success in class, and their Preforming arts center, wellness center, and CTE center are top of the line.

Jacob

I just graduated with my associate's degree this last year and am now attending Idaho State University. Overall, I liked this school while attending it. Everyone was really nice and the class sizes were good. If I had to say one negative about the school, it would be the difficulty of it. I found the school to be easy compared to university. I ended Barstow College with a 3.98 GPA. I felt that Barstow did not prepare students for the rigor of university. Barstow Community College kind of holds their student's hand through. But, that is why this college has a low transfer rate. So, if you plan on transferring to a university just be prepared.