Wilson, NC
Barton College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Barton College

Kuulei

College is a great oppurtunity that gives you the chance to create the pathway you want for your future. It's best to know what you want as a career so you can start taking the right classes you need to help you get there. Although college is fun, you have to take it seriously because it doesn't keep giving chances like highschool does. Time management is very important. If you can manage your college life with your personal and work life, it will be a lot easier. Getting your work done and studying for tests are very important because it reflects your final grade. It's up to you on how much effort and passion you have for what you want to major in to become that successful and happy person. Your future depends on the choices you make now and in your past so take that first step to make way for a brighter future.

My classmates are wonderful, loving, and very helpful when it comes to meeting new people and needing help in class.

I would tell myself to get out there and make new friends as soon as possible. It took me a little while longer to make friends than most people. It would have helped me out with the transition from high school to college. Also, I would tell myself to focus on school and only school. College isnt hard unless you get behind. I value my education and would have never wanted to get behind like I am now. I am slowing catching up and I plan to focus more. I would also tell myself to not let outside problems affect my education. It can definitely affect your grades as I have found out and I am not okay with that. Other problems need to stay out of the classroom because those you can handle later. School is now and if you mess up, you may not get another chance.

I brag about the academics at my school because they have great programs here at Barton as well as great professors who are willing to work with you through any situation.

Amy

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, I would advise myself to be better prepared for college by researching a variety of majors before my high school graduation. This would improve my first semester of college by allowing me to start the program for my major. I would also advise myself to set long term and short term goals for where I wish to see myself in the future. By setting these goals, I'd be able to look back on the past to evaluate my accomplishments. However, I feel that I am on a successful track with a declared major and goals that I have recently made for the future.

Josh

This is a very simpe question to answer: Make good, nay, GREAT grades! With great grades in highschool, college is practically free. No searching for financial aid or scholarships. They find you when you have great grades. No thinking of witty ways to ask for money on sites like these. Oh and keep up with math. When you asked yourself what the hell I would be using precalculus for when I older, the answer was college.

Jonathon

Classmates at Barton tend to be studious, outgoing, fun, and supportive.

Classmates at Barton tend to be studious, outgoing, fun, and supportive.

Always put school first. Grades are the most important thing for your success later on in life. While grades are important so is having a social life. You can still attend all the parties that you want while keeping a high GPA.

If I could go back to high school the biggest advice I would give myself would be to have been in Student Government Association. I was a leader in high school and am a leader at Barton, but I think joining SGA would have been better. My leadership in high school dealt with only sports, but expanding my horizons back in high school would have helped me be more open about taking the chances given to me today. Through my first two years in college the only leadership I had was on the softball team, but when I realized I was not being myself I started to become a leader in different clubs and organizations throughout campus. Being in SGA specifically in high school would have given me the chance to change the school, even at a small level, and that is something I have decided I want to do in college. I want to make Barton a better place after I’m gone than it was when I first arrived. I believe I did that in high school, but I think I could have made a bigger change if I took the leadership opportunities when I had the chance.

The absolute best thing about Barton is the homey feel.

The most frustrating this is how much people go home on the weekends and how Barton sometimes spends their money.

Barton College is a small private college that is welcoming to all its students.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to stay pretty much the same when it comes to college life. I was an early college student so I was already in college classes at the age of 14. I would tell myself not to stress so much and too relax a little more. I would tell myself not to put limitations on anything—life, love, school, work or anything else. I would make sure I knew that I can do anything and that college at a four year school is almost the same as it was in high school. Just that the work is more strenuous. I would tell myself to continue to have my head on straight and not to stray from what I wanted. Although I love the college I go to, I would probably tell myself to apply to more schools. Maybe even an out of state school. I would make sure I knew that life goes on no matter what life throws at you. I would tell myself everything will be ok.

The kind of person to attend this school should be hard-working yet laid-back. They should be willing to work at what they want. they should want to get involved on campus. While doing all of this they will still be able to focus on other things.

I love that Barton is a really small school. The other school that I considered were much larger school and I do not think I would have done well in a larger school. Everyone here is so friendly and ready to help at any given moment.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself a lot about college. I would start off by saying that it is going to be a tough ride being a nursing major but you can do anything you put your mind to so do not give up. I would tell myself to stay organized. Organization is the key to it all. If it was not for my planner, I have no idea what I would do. I would also tell myself to be more out-going and step out of my comfort zone. That is something that I have done this year and I love it. Life is so interesting when you step out. I have joined Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority and made life-long friends this year. The last thing I would tell myself would be that time-mangement is very important. I had to learn that the hard way. I love being a college student at Barton and I cannot wait to see what else this college has to offer me.

The class size is the best thing to me. It is a much smaller class size, averaging around 20, compared to other colleges. The students get more one on one time with the teachers. You are not just a number here, they know you by name.

patricia

One thing that makes my school very unique which seperates itself is the student population because one can have hands on help with their professors. Another unique quality that i strongly like is that Barton has been around for a long time and it carries alot of clout . Also in todays market for jobs that quality to have is great. Especially for my major, (Political Science).

If i were to go back in time as a High School senior, the advice that i would have given to myself is to be a little more dedicated to my studies because my father ,which is a vietnam 100 % disabled veteran. And I want him to be proud of me , which he says he really is. And I really believe him.

The only frustrating thing about my school is the location. It wll be cold, cold ,cold , because I am coming from wesley chapel florida to Barton College in Wilson North Carolina.

Anne

I would advise my self to have friends with the same or better vision for life than my self. People we associate with have an impact in our lives. Have a role model to look up to and seek advise before making a major life changing decision in life. Get some financial training before heading to college. This will save me from messing up my credit with poor spending habits. study hard to maintain better grades. This will avail many scholarship opportunities and improve changes of going to the best universities.

Barton College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.