Barton County Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Barton County Community College

Ando

If you come to Barton to study for a very affordable price then this is the place for you. The instructors are great and very helpful. However, if you like to party and go out, Barton might not be for you because there's hardly extracurricular activities on campus and there's not much to do in town either.

Alia

Very nice laid back college.. it some times has it's drama on campus but whst college doesn't? The teachers are moderately nice. Pretty much regular professors . There are plenty of sports you can play from track to basketball to baseball and golf. There are also groups or club's you can join like the newspaper and theater or band. Over all really lovely quit school out in the country. They also do online.

Alexis

This college has its ups and downs but I appreciate most of the instructors, the open use of campus, the multiple groups available and endless opportunities to improve one's mind and body. Certain organizations take the extra mile to really go above and beyond to help their students in a class or transfer them to another University.

Brady

Barton is an affordable school that offers multiple opportunities for county residents. High school students are offered a very affordable education. Online classes are awesome. I only wish the campus was located closer to town for students who do not have transportation.

Celeste

Barton County Community College is a good school for first-time students and those returning to further their education. The instructors are easy to get ahold of and all have experience and are knowledgeable in the fields that they teach. The athletics department, coaches and athletes together, use their time to train and have access to the gym for exercise and weight training to prepare for competitions. Although the athletics are a big part of the days for many students, the academics are valued much higher and the athletes are encouraged to score well in their classes and may even be required to attend a study hall if their grades or Grade Point Average drop below the requirement to participate in events. The extracurricular activities at Barton are interesting though I do not know of many, there is a STEM club that meets to discuss and plan projects to gain experience, and the criminal justice program plans to start a club to assist the community and help to further the experience of the students, giving them better known to their interests. The Arts department students and faculty work hard until they are happy with their projects whether that be dancing, singing, painting, photography, music or any other media type they chose to use, and once they have it perfect they move to another project to perfect it as well. The class sizes at Barton are small compared to the class size to be expected at a large four-year university, letting the instructors and the students interact on a personal basis and allow for the students to get the help they may need.

amber

It meets my availability needs. The financial aid and advisors could work more together as a team. I lost my aid due to that not being done. Upon advice of advisor i did what was told and dropped classes because i did not put in my fasa. in on time and couldn't afford classes. The re applied started the semester was told by financial aid everything was okay and would be fine. to find out needed a 150% appeal and was to late to do it. So again had to drop. Applied this yr finished everything in time to be denied financial aid due to dropping classes 2 semesters upon the advise of my advisor and finical aid. My college must be paid out of pocket now. So students would benefit more if they worked as team and not go through what i must now and did endure.

Princess

The Barton Community College Fort Riley campus allows for a quick way to get an associate's degree. The professors are friendly and intellectual. Most professors care about their students and they encourage participation and discussion in class. The facilities needs improvement but, overall, BCC is great!

Emma

I did not attend Barton at their main campus in Great Bend, KS. I took all of my classes from the Fort Riley, KS campus, and this was a sorry excuse for a college program. The buildings classes are hardly ever up to code, half of the teachers are mediocre, at best, and services are hardly ever prompt or adept. I once waited almost the entire length of a cycle for a textbook, which was promised to me at the first week or class and was given to me during the last week of class. Other than the select few teachers there that do seem to care about giving military members and their dependents quality college educational experiences, it seems that the main Barton campus does not care what happens on this extension of their college.

I don't go to the direct community college, I attend classes offered by Barton in a separate building on a military base, so I can't give my full opinion on everything there is to know about Barton. However, from what I have experienced, there is a good environment in classrooms and faculty is polite and cares about their students learning.

Bryden

My first year was great, but many of the great teachers that were here retired. Band was one of my favorite things to be involved in, but now that the director has moved on, the new director is awful. The new director is rude and very cocky. He is very insulting and never makes me feel adequate. Band used to be my favorite thing, now I don't enjoy it.