Escanaba, MI
Bay de Noc Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bay de Noc Community College

Marissa

I really love coming to this college and I always see so many friendly people. If I could do all my schooling here I definitely would. I love their clubs and the fact that they also show interest for their students art is amazing. I might be going into the medical field but I think the art program is great here and I look forward to joining it to show off my creative side.

McKenzie

While the teachers at the school are of an excellent quality, the administration lacks effort and organization. The College is a small, safe, and welcoming environment, but there are two campuses and the smaller campus lacks the facilities needed for student success.

Kelli

It has been a great school to further my education. It has helped me utilize my experience in the healthcare field and use it to advance in classes and clinic settings. I am happy I chose Bay College to earn my nursing degree and plan to go for my Master after finishing my degree at Bay.

I think Bay de Noc Community college is a great place to start! Here at Bay, the class sizes are small and the teachers know everyone by name. If a student has a question or a problem, staff is easy to reach and get ahold of for your convenience. We have spectacular learning resources and modern areas to study. Next to the college is a YMCA for all of the stressful studying times or just to enjoy because it's available. I would recommend the nursing program to anyone because we have a high passing and job placement rate, along with the super cool stimulation lab to learn with! I wouldn't rate the dorms very good because I am not a student who lives in them, but I do know that all students are required to be responsible for all their food. I am friends with many people who live in the campus housing and food is probably the biggest issue. Other than that, they are pretty cute and they are set up as mini apartment complexes.

Mitchell

The class mates I have are varied from different ages, different sexes, and all walks of life.

My school is best known for for a great nursing program. It also is know for a reasonably priced excellent education.

I would tell myself that an important part of college is to learn how to study and budget your time. Many people will have a job to help them to get through school. A student need to fit studying in between classes and work. There must also be time for some entertainment. Studying is something I didn't do much of in high school because things came easy to me. College is a different story. Much harder things come at you much faster. I needed to teach myself how to sit down and study.

Corey

The transition from high school to college is an exciting, yet scary time. Given the opportunity to roll back the clock and advise my younger self on what to expect for the future I would stress perseverance and openness. Part of being a college student is getting known among your classmates and environment. Joining organizations or sporting events held throughout the year will help you not only meet new people but open you up and bring out the real you! Let your presence be known and make every memory last. While having fun and exposing yourself to the world of college don?t lose focus on the main goal. Studying hard and keeping on task is the number one key to success in the future. Create study planers and keep all your coursework organized. The more time and effort put into your work the greater the outcome will reveal.

I wish i had known more about the advantages and disadvantages of attending a community college towards a university college. Community colleges are based more around education and leave little room for outside activities whereas a university has the ability to create these activities.

A student looking to meet new people, join clubs, and attend sporting events will not want to attend this school. Bay is a small school with little recreational activities to accompany it. So a person who has their goals set upon meeting new people and discovering new environments should look at Universities. As a Bay College student i made the mistake of choosing the low income community college over the university. Having done this i realized I wanted to be apart of a larger environment then Bay allows me!

As I was growing up, there was never any question about whether or not I was to attend college. The importance of college was always discussed in my home. As a senior I had decided it made sense to go to a community college in my town to save money. At first, I felt like college was just an extention of high school, but I quickly realized that I was wrong. College instructors are not there to "babysit" students in the way high school teachers did. If I were able to go back and give my "high school self" advice, I would tell myself to take advantage of the community college, participate in activities to meet people, and always give 100% effort. College is not only a place to learn academically, its a place to develop as a person as well. Now that I have returned to Bay de Noc Community College after a semester at a university, I have another chance to take advantage of all my school has to offer. I know this final semester at my school (before transferring again) will be just what I need to be successful and acheive my personal, financial and career goals.

My school is very affordable and classes are offered at convenient times so I am able to work almost full time while maintaining full time enrollment. Also, my school is a small school with many helpful teachers. The Community atmosphere is a relaxed, comfortable,and yet challenging place to learn. The instructors, administration, and support staff are all helpful in ensuring a positive learning environment by allowing one on one time with the students. I feel like my school is like a little family that is very supportive in my college career.

I attended this school for two years then transferred to a University for a semester, then transferred back. So, I wish I had realized how helpful community colleges are and I'm thankful to have a second chance. I now have the opportunity to take advantage of the Community College atmosphere and make the most of my learning experience before I try a University again.

Michele

Bay College is a high quality institution that advocates smaller class sizes and experienced faculty members, which creates an enjoyable learning experience for all students.

Bay De Noc Community College provides a better learning environment for students who prefer more interaction with their instructors without larger expenses hindering their educational experiences. The smaller class sizes and proximity to home are key to establishing comfort levels and maintaining productive comprehensive habits.

I would tell myself to prepare for college with college preparatory courses in high school and to establish strong study habits. By maintaining a demanding curriculum during high school and attending dual enrollment courses at Bay College, I would have been able to familiarize myself with a simulation of college level coursework. The aptitude tests in high school such as the ACT or SAT would have resulted in better scores if I had prepared myself in advance. If my scores were higher on the ACT, I would have been able to achieve my goal of entering the education field at Northern Michigan University without taking other exams such as the PPST for entry. I would have been able to register for higher courses that provided the essential credits for my major instead of taking unnecessary basic courses. Speaking with college students during my time in high school would have allowed for invaluable advice that I would need in order to broaden my perspective on surviving and succeeding in college.

Bay de Noc Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.