Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

I think that Baylor is a great academic institution. I love going to class, i love interacting with my educated classmates. I love the Texas weather and the people. Sometimes i wish that there werent rules for what someone can and cannot do in their own home... rules for what time you have to be home.... jkust rules that are worse than the ones your parents gace you when you were 12. BAylor wants their students to be sheltered for the real world... but reality is that a sickening amount of students die or kill themselves each year, studetns get robbed, car jacked, shot at, raped... and whatever else happen.... just like it happens anywhere else in the world. Your not any safer because you go to the conservative southern baptist school, if anything, you are more at risk because they fail to let their students have enough freedom to learn about what life is... and unfortuantely, most never do, and they are the ones targeted and the ones who usually dont know what danger is.

Hard work pays off. If you go to any university this is going to be obvious, but when your professors know you by name and ask you why you weren't in class on Friday it can be a bit weird. We do have an attendence policy at Baylor, but if you miss class it is really only your loss. Join groups! If you want a sorority or fraternity, go ahead. If not we have everything from band and orchestra to competitiave and club sports teams. Not that good at sports? Awesome, come and make a fool out of yourself as a group in intermurals, trust me you will have a blast. Want an academic group? We have BIC and Honors classes, you can find a bunch of friends there. One last thing, get the cheapest meal plan you can, you won't use them anyway. After freshman year drop the meal plan and just pay for meals out of Dining Dollars or Bear Bucks, it's cheaper if you do the math.

Baylor has helped me become a better person overall. I have my stuff together so much more than any of my friend from high school who are at other colleges. I have made better friends than I could have ever hoped for and I have been apart of some amazing things here. We have float, Sing, philanthropy, and 1,000 other things but its because its fun. My friend at colleges who dont have this are jealous. It is a bonding experince and you accomplish things you would never do otherwise. If I had to chose all over again I would def. pick Baylor. It has made my college years the most amazing experience of my life, and I believe my life will be better later on because of what I am taking away from here.

Baylor University is distincitive from other schools in that it combines the religious experience with academic pursuits in a way that is hard to describe accurately. The teachers don't force their religion on their students; what they really do is aid students who want to know more about the Baptist denomination and the spirtual ties the denomination has. What is also unique about Baylor compared to the other schools that I considered is the small class sizes. Having a small class really helps me because the professors can teach students without much hassle, which makes learning more productive.

I came to Baylor University because it seemed like the best choice for Pre-Med in Texas. Although not completely ecstatic about my decision at first, I now love this school and believe I made the best decision. The atmosphere is so friendly, the campus is beautiful, class sizes range from small to large, professors are always available, and there are awesome FREE resources to help students be successful. There are so many organizations and community service opportunities. Baylor is definitely building a reputation for its outstanding academics and growing athletic programs.

Baylor University is a mystic dichotomy, a foil unto itself. Of all the schools I examined, none were as unique as Baylor. Its a place where devotion to academic excellence is paramount even while the rich social life makes campus forever festive, where the cutting edge is the target but balanced by a commitment to volunteering and community service, a place where the school's rich legacy is guarded as fervently as its future is fought to improve. It was this mesmerizing atmosphere of contradictions in perfect balance that won both my heart and my enrollment.

Baylor is the largest Baptist university in the country and they strive to have diversity everywhere; whether it’s religious diversity or ethnic diversity. Baylor has a care for her students. A student is not just a number at Baylor; they have a name. The class ratio is a lot smaller than the average ratio and this allows for professors to get to know their students on a personal level. Professors genuinely care for their students; they aren’t interested whether you pass their class but rather, they are more interested in making sure you learn the material.

I find Baylor University unique in the fact that it has a strong sense of community and is strong in its faith. Another aspect that is unique to Baylor is their Baylor Business Fellows Program. Business Fellows is basically the honors of business at Baylor. It is a great program that allows people who are wanting to major in business but have a pre-professional program, like pre-med, that does not coincide well with business courses, to make it possible and to graduate on time. Faculty and students have called it the best program offered to students at Baylor.

Seroiusly consider how you want your life to be at Baylor. If you are okay being bored out of your mind in a lame city not having the typical college experience, then Baylor is for you. Like lots of my friends say, if you loved high school, you will hate Baylor, but if you hated high school, you will love Baylor. Stay on campus when you visit! ASK QUESTIONS FROM STUDENTS! Those student guides will feed you nothing but lies, so watch your back! Look around and consider all options. Just because your parents loved Baylor 30 years ago does NOT mean you will.

One of the things that is toughest about Baylor is finding the place you belong. What I found is that a lot of students hated Baylor their first semester, but loved it their second after they found their group. A lot of the students come to college together, so it can be hard to find your group, but don't despair, you'll find it... or you can transfer. But Baylor is a great place to go to college. You can really get the college experience. Probably one of the worst things is that it's pretty expensive, but they are pretty generous with financial aid.