Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

The most important social move when coming to Baylor, especially when you don't know many people, is getting involved early and often. Your first semester here will set the tone for your social life. Go to meetings for all kinds of different groups and find which ones suit you and your agenda well. Academic wise, it is tough to make the transition from high school classes to college classes. If you come from a public high school, there is an especially huge difference. So, the best thing to do is to go to your professors and ask them about how they feel you can best study or otherwise prepare for their tests. Each professor is different, so getting a feel for what each professor feels to be important about that specific class is a must.

Things I wish I'd known before coming to Baylor: Check bubooks.com for professor ratings before choosing classes. Buy your books on half.com a month before classes start if you want to save about $200. Invest in a security system if you're living off campus. Take English Comp online or at a community college. Use Craigslist. Apply for as much financial aid as you can. Don't go to Cameron Park at night!

Sing! This is probably Baylor's biggest tradition that no other school can touch. The music, the passion, the drama. Sing! brings together people from all over the Baylor community and entertains like no other. I would encourage any freshman to do Sing Alliance, or join their fraternities act.

I think that you need to add more of a section for people who have graduated college and asked them questions pertaning to life after college as well as during college. Maybe, how did your education help you today or if you could do it again would you attend this college.

All in all, Baylor's a great school. It's founded on Christian values, yet large enough and varied enough to allow you to escape those values, if you wish.

i have loved every moment at baylor, it was well worth every penny and has given me countless college memories and wonderful friends to cherish.

SIC EM Bears After Disney World Baylor is the greatest place on earth BUT ONLY IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT!! Baylor has a beautiful campus!

This a fantastic place with really outstanding people who care about students as individuals. I can't imagine being anywhere else.

Baylor has a place for everyone but you just might have to look for it.

A look at the Baylor Rising Artist Network