Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

Compared to the other college's I looked at the biggest difference I saw on my Baylor visit was how friendly the professors were. They had time to visit with me and encourage me in that stressful time of figuring out where to go for college. Since I've been here I haven't yet had a teacher I couldn't go to for just about any issue; whether it be homework help, issues with my major or even life advice.

I would say the thing that sets Baylor apart from the other schools I considered is the fact that it is so deeply founded in Baptist tradition. Not only is Baylor a Christian university, but it also still requires it's students to participate in weekly chapel services and to take both Christian Scriptures and Christian Heritage which is something that most Christian colleges no longer do.

What is unique about Baylor is our holidays. In the fall, we have one Friday off to have our Fall Break which is nice. But in the Spring, we have Diadeloso. Diadeloso is a Thursday holiday called "Day of the Bear" where Baylor has concerts, sport tournaments and random games on campus. Usually a big name artist comes out in the evening to perform. It truly is the best day of the year!

I really like that Baylor incorporates Christian teaching with academics. Some people don't appreciate the Christian influence the school has, but I think it really helps me to stay centered spiritually and focused on my school work. I wouldnt recomend it to someone with no religious values, I think that anyone who calls his or herself a Christian would really benifit from it.

At baylor university, the people attending are all people of God. Everyone who is attending, has a reason why they are at Baylor University. They have a purpose. With that being said, what is unique about Baylor is that majority of the students are deeply in love with God, and are very religious and are seeking to find the true purpose of their life through God.

It is just right size to meet tons of new frends but still get a tight community feel. Teachers and students are always anxious to help eachother in anyway they can whether it be academically or outside of the campus. Also, most of the kids that come to Baylor Univerisity are not looking to go crazy but to help their situation and others in life.

Baylor really focuses on faculty and students interacting together in a setting that is spiritual and educational. We embrace the spiritual aspect of patient care, while learning about the physical and emotional needs of patients. This is a well-rounded university and I am extremely happy that I chose to attend this nursing program!

I would say that the one thing that is unique about Baylor is that it is so unified. When you go to school here you feel apart of a big family. Everyone cares about one another, everyones friendly to one another even if they don't know each other. It's a really mellow feel to go to Baylor and you feel at home while you attend school.

baylor is expensive. you will have a good education if you can afford it. and if you can put up with the religious stuff for the first 2 years you'll be fine. the campus is beautiful and you make good friends. there are always complaints about schools. i've enjoyed my time at baylor, but that's because i made it so.

Baylor works hard to make sure that no body falls through the cracks and is forgotten which is possible at big universities. The Baylor staff is very friendly and always willing to help and point in the right direction. There are many ways to plug into campus and make friends. There is an organization here for everyone.