Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

The atmosphere at Baylor is so welcoming and inviting. Most of the people are Christians, but those who aren't don't feel any exclusion or pressure from those who are. I am a Christian, and it was so easy to find good influences and people to help you in your Christian walk. I feel like most schools don't have that.

We have the smallest school in the big 12 and the only proclaimed baptist university. We house our bruin mascots on campus in the bear pit across from my freshman dorm and right near the student center. Our engineering program has been ranked top 25 in america for a while and made number 9 in August 2009 .

Baylor University is a completely dry campus and informs your parents if you are caught drinking. Also, the residence halls are not coed and require keycard access for entry. Baylor is academically centered and tries hard to work individually with its students even though it is a Division I school.

It has a great atmosphere. The people here are extremely friendly and usually really want to get to know you. It is the perfect size because I recognize people as I walk across campus, but I don't feel like I know everybody. There is a good amount of diversity within the students.

There is such a feeling of community. Everyone feels as if they are a part of something much bigger than themselves. There is always someone who cares and is concerned. The faculty treat each student as an individual person and not just a number, despite the large class sizes.

The unique thing about my school is that it is the world's largest baptist university. ALso the professors, workers, and students are all so caring here. For example if you need help with anything, if the particular person can't help you they will find someone.

I like how Christian oriented Baylor is. It is obviously a christian school however it is not something that is forced upon you. Also, although it is a large campus it has a very tight knit feeling to it, you always see someone you know and its easy to fit in.

Basically to sum things up, if you want to graduate with a very respectable college degree from one of the best colleges in the country, and build relationships and friendships in college and have the time of your life, come to Baylor.

Baylor University is not just a school and not just a place where you go to classes but it's home. Where your fellow students and professors become family. Baylor is where you live and learn with family. That's all you need to know :)

Baylor has its good things for sure, but it is not the epitome of life. I have enjoyed it and will remember it, but I think more than anything it has prepared me for life. I feel ready to interact with whoever, whenever.