Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

The stereotypes are NOT true. In my Religion class, the person both in front and to the left of me are both Muslim, and I know many people who are atheist or agnostic. My religion professor put it well when he said "Our goal is to educate, not indoctrinate". Outside of Religion class (which by the way, you only need 6 hours of Religion out of your 124 hours to graduate. THAT's ALL), in my other classes, religion is seldom mentioned in the classroom. Baylor is one of the nation's top universities, especially for Business and Science programs. I chose Baylor over other schools such as UT, A&M, and others because Baylor easily has the best Pre-Med program in the State of Texas and one of the best in the country. By the way, I'm not rich. Not many students are. So the stereotype that it's a bunch of rich kids going to Baylor is not true. I'm from a family where my dad has been unemployed for almost two years and my mom works part time. I'm actually making money coming to Baylor, because of my academic scholarships. I strongly resent this article for saying that Baylor is one of Texas's pricer options; Baylor wants the best and the brightest to come here. If you're smart enough, it's not expensive at all (and in my case, I actually received several scholarships in which I will actually be receiving more in scholarship money than what it costs to come here). Obviously there are kids here who do come from rich families, but guess what, it's college. It's like that wherever you go.

Yes and no, you have the girls who are simply there for their MRS degree, they just want to get married. There are also nerds, jocks, punk rockers, and frat boys. There is a huge mix of people at Baylor, but generally speaking, most students are rich, white, and LOVE Texas. Many of my friends, and including myself, are not very happy at Baylor. In fact, many students appear to dislike many things about Baylor. Baylor's president is flushing the school down the drains, and sooner or later, no one will want to go to Baylor. The school is too strict and hypocritical. Talk about a sense of community...how about a place where students log onto a gossip website to trash talk about each other! If you really want a sense of community, do not look at Baylor.

No. There are kids who come from wealthy families and those who are very involved with their faith, but that can be found at any college. We have a large Greek presence. Many people join a fraternity or sorority in the spring of their freshman year, but if that’s not for you that’s okay, as well. We also have the athletes and band kids. Most people are members of at least one organization. There is something for everyone at Baylor.

A little. We are shelterd somewhat but that can be a blessing. When you are first getting to college you are bound make mistakes and go crazy. However, I feel like Baylor doesnt let you go too wild. You are surrounded for the most part by people who have morals and values and were brought up like you. There are fun things to do here and its not like going to church camp by any means.

Well, I'm sure many students from other schools would make comments on how stuck up and filthy rich we are, and for the most part, they're right. I don't include myself with these people, and I'm certainly not talking about every individual at Baylor, but there is a large number of people at this school, both students and teachers, who behave as if they own the world.

This may describe about a third of the Baylor population or less. While we do have our share of snobs, there are also a lot of down to earth people who may have a lot of money or be there on scholarships. And yes, we do drink a lot of Dr. Pepper since our only other option is RC Cola (Gross)

After spending countless hours on campus, I can honestly say that I have never met a more accepting group of people. Not one person that I have met is preliminarily judgmental, nor are they unwilling to include anyone, regardless of race, gender, religion, or anything else.

Actually, for many students, yes. But definitely not everyone. There are plenty of level headed people who are working to pay for this school for themselves. But there are also plenty of people (women especially) who are addicted to "daddy's credit card".

These stereotype is not entirely accurate. I mean there are some rich, stuck-up students, but ever college has a few of those. There are also students that come from wealthy backgrounds, but they did not act stuck-up, they like to kick back and hang out.

NO. of course some people dont party and of course some people are too conservative and bible beaters but the majority of people are laid back christians that party and dont judge others for what they do.