Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

FOOTBALL is an amazing experience even when we're not winning!! I wouldnt leave your dorm room unlocked... someone WILL steal your things... probably your room-mate. Dating... well if you are an ignorant girl looking for a drunk frat guy... this is the place for you! There are some pretty cool traditional things that go on... but thats really only for Freshman, and the rest of the student body has better things to do. Frats and sororities are popular, just like anywhere. I think its stupid to pay for friends... how sad is it that you have to join a club and do dumb things to yourself during RUSH to find friends on a campus for more than 20,000 people... seems like a social issue to me.... maybe they need counseling... or a hug!

There is nothing to do on campus at Baylor. The only time is during February when there is SING. That is when all the fraternities and sororities have musical acts. They are amazing! Many students get drunk on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and then go to church on Sunday. You can easily avoid the party scene, but realize you will spend most of your time at the movie theater. Do not come to Baylor and expect a typical college experience. Baylor will not offer you fun or exciting activities to do. You will be bored out of your mind! Rush really did help me meet friends, but it is still a very difficult social scene. The student body has no school pride, and why should they? Nobody likes Baylor.

frats are always popular if you have the money and the time. if you do, then you are set for life. friends and connections forever! i'm not apart of that. i met my friends in my major.... like most people. common grounds, the local coffee shop, is a good place to meet fun artsy people. everyone goes to athletic events. some come to the theatre performances.... mainly cause everyone has to take theatre appreciation. i'm not sure what people do pn the weekends. if theatre kids don't have rehearsal, performance, or projects....we are in a hot tub or throwing a party... drinking involved. most groups aren't like that.... but that's how we are.

Fraternities and sororities seem like a huge deal on campus because they are always holding different events, but if its not your thing, there are TONS of other ways to get involved. the majority of the campus is not involved in Greek life. While a lot of peopel complan about having to live on-campus freshman year, the girls from my hall are some of my closest firiends. It's a really good experience. Get involved! Think of any activity you enjoy, i bet there's a group for it. It's the best way to meet peopel and find a balance between studying and having fun.

Greek life and athletics are probably the most popular activities for students on campus. I am personally involved in greek life, and am a member of a sorority. I have found Greek life to be a great way to be involved in all aspects of campus life, including social, service, and leadership. Many students also are involved in athletics and Baylor of course has many excellent athletic teams. Many people find their closest friends through these sort of activities.

My closest friends are from my dorm. We usually go out to eat, the movies or shopping. There is not a whole lot to do in Waco other than those things. I'm involved in Sing Alliance. We are the only non-Greek group to perform an actin Sing every year. Every group puts on a 7 minute broadway style show. It is a competition and is a lot of work, but is worth it is definitely worth it.

Dorm doors are often left open. There are a few activities around Waco, but for underclassmen the Baylor campus isn't a wild, crazy and fun place to be. Lots of hanging out with friends, but not so much partying. 10th street is known for parties, off campus a couple of blocks. Athletic events, especially football games, are definitely gaining popularity as the teams do better and better.

Being Greek at Baylor is great! Sororities here are not superficial groups who just want to get drunk and be popular. They truly care about you and are an amazing support system. College is hard sometimes but having that kind of backing when you need it the most has no substitue. Def. GO GREEK because you will have the best time of your life and make the best friends.

There are plenty of things to do at Baylor as far as activities and clubs go, the only problem is that they aren't ever publicized. Every time I hear about some social event or organization I could sign up for, it's either too late, or I find out about it the day it occurs. The only time I'm able to go to a Baylor-endorsed activity is the day I find out about it!

Baylor has tons of traditions from homecoming to dia to Dr. Pepper hour. There are usually events happening on campus at any given time. Late at night - there isn't much to do except for hang out with friends. IHOP is always open! I went to several plays and enjoyed the quality of that. I also joined a sorority and was pleased with that for the most part.