Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

Over half of the students are not involved in Greek life, but the majority of events are associated with Greek organizations. Since Baylor is a Christian university, sororities and fraternities are a little more tame than at state schools. There are also organizations related to majors or service organizations, such as Habitat for Humanity.Involvement in organizations and classes are the main ways students meet their friends, but dating is Baylor is almost non-existent (or so it would seem to some). On of the great things about Baylor is its traditions, from Dr. Pepper hour, to the Homecoming parade and bonfire, to All-University Sing and Pigskin.

Dorm life is very sheltering of incoming freshmen. Every dorm is always locked to non-residents; males and females are segregated by buildings, and dorm life is very very uneventful. They try to build community with ridiculous projects, but most are realy really lame. There are not many clubs, athletic or otherwise, compared to other schools of this size. That is because the campus demographic is not very diverse. It is hard to find specific interests if they are too obscure. Frats and sororities could not be more ivy-league esque in their attitude and pompousness. The dating scene is horrendous...

Lots of Greek- but there are lots of things to do if you're not. Those in fraternities and sororities tend to be the ones that like to party. They also have "crushes" all the time- casual take-a-date fraternity or sorority events during the week. Everyone goes to the football games. Basketball is great too. Most people meet their best friends in the dorm. As a freshman you are required to have a mealplan, so people hang out in the dining halls a lot. Off campus- great zoo, Cameron Park rocks, there are some cool restaurants, and the movies are cheap!

i was involved with greek life and enjoyed every aspect. you can definitely find your niche if you are not in a greek organization, but it does make the social process easier. typically freshmen and sophomores dont drink but beginning junior year, the social scene is at parties and bars. waco has all the typical entertainment venues: bowling, the movies, restaurants, parks, etc but students pretty much hang out with each other on the weekends.

I think that at Baylor sororities and fraternities are very important. A good majority of the people at Baylor are involved in them, and if not they attend the functions put on by them. Sororities/fraternities fund so many activities each year ranging from formal dances to bed races and chili cookouts.

Football sucks, but basketball and pretty much all the other sports are awesome. Sororities are a great way to meet awesome girls. Baylor boys are oblivious when it comes to girls. You have to help them out a lot. Thursday is college night pretty much everywhere.

Greek life is pretty popular but there are enough organizations to join away from that. Lots of religious organizations. Dia Del Oso is a big day for the students. Sports are king for on campus activities, especially football.

Greek life is pretty strong at Baylor. There are both social and service organizations. Parties are always happening, but they are not publicized so you have to know who to ask.

Greek life is real big. I think dorm life is good for freshmen because it provides a great opportunity for students to meet other students. We have a whole lot of tradition.

due to being an athlete, my free time is usually spent practicing or doing some sort of extra for the team. If I am not doing athletics its my school work.